test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock Conquered!

Comments

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    While I am glad the bug is being fixed, I did want to point out that at this point in the story, adding an embassy map as suggested up thread where cross-faction players are allowed is not a bad idea. Maybe it's a Level 50 or 60+ map, to ensure you've progressed enough through the story for your access to be justified in universe.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I find it really funny that folks are so inclined to post little videos, and Pics, of the cross faction invasion of ESD.

What additional "proof" would the CM's need to apply the TOS/EULA Ban-Hammer to those that obviously used an exploit to wreck havock on ESD.. :O)

Well, as a KDF player, I find it BRILLIANT that the KDF faction and it's allies were finally able to REPAY the Feddies for the havock they wrought to First City, Klingon Shipyards, and the Academy a few years ago..

All the NPC's were "eliminated" and KDF players couldn't do squat 'cause the contact NPC was either gone, or out of the contact zone !! Interesting how it timed in with the re-run this week of JJTrek's "Into the Darkness".. Maybe the KDF players wanted/succeeded to/in extract a little revenge on "Khan's" being able to down a BoP with a Phaser Rifle !!

Allies... right... ..."Cry Havock, and let slip the Dogs of War"... !!!
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    I heared about ppl getting banned 4 stuff like this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    We're going to have to do so many sonic scrubs to get that Gorn smell out of the carpets...ugh.

forget sonic, just burn it. BURN IT!!!

I guess that means we have no choice - back to the old Earth Space Dock map.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    We're going to have to do so many sonic scrubs to get that Gorn smell out of the carpets...ugh.
    Fewer if we can find all the Gorn nests before the eggs hatch. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    rezking wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    It'd be nice if we could visit all social zones, with no restrictions whatsoever. We're already patrolling each other's core territory and assisting in countless other projects (through the Admiralty system). It'd make sense that we see the restrictions removed eventually.

No stinkin' Feddies allowed on Ganalda, though...it's a sacred place.

and Klinks on K7 ... although I'd rather stay digital no wish to go back to analog way ;)
    Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • doyouwdoyouw Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    While I am glad the bug is being fixed, I did want to point out that at this point in the story, adding an embassy map as suggested up thread where cross-faction players are allowed is not a bad idea. Maybe it's a Level 50 or 60+ map, to ensure you've progressed enough through the story for your access to be justified in universe.

FEDs = party poopers of the galaxy ! ;)

Dark Side (KDF)
    HOUSE OF BORG
    "I am FLATULUS of Borg, Resistance if Futile! Prepare to pull my finger!"

cube.jpg
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    It's the new Klingon magic we've been working on in secret.

yZKsNyG.jpg
  • ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    maddscott wrote: »
    I find it really funny that folks are so inclined to post little videos, and Pics, of the cross faction invasion of ESD.

What additional "proof" would the CM's need to apply the TOS/EULA Ban-Hammer to those that obviously used an exploit to wreck havock on ESD.. :O)

Well, as a KDF player, I find it BRILLIANT that the KDF faction and it's allies were finally able to REPAY the Feddies for the havock they wrought to First City, Klingon Shipyards, and the Academy a few years ago..

All the NPC's were "eliminated" and KDF players couldn't do squat 'cause the contact NPC was either gone, or out of the contact zone !! Interesting how it timed in with the re-run this week of JJTrek's "Into the Darkness".. Maybe the KDF players wanted/succeeded to/in extract a little revenge on "Khan's" being able to down a BoP with a Phaser Rifle !!

Allies... right... ..."Cry Havock, and let slip the Dogs of War"... !!!

seriously ?
    u really call exploit when i in sector space click at button " beam to ESD" ?

thats it , really is there really big button !!!! , no exploit with teaming etc .......

and for what , we have some fun at ESD

all fed players was safe , only 5 NPC in whole ESD due to bug can be killed
    this isnt another space mmo where lots of ppl make coordinated atack against "safe" systems and kill tons of newbies , some lost all , here u just respawn free

so i must laugh when some feds vent mad and start with serious insults , some was pretty ugly ( and bannable imho ) ... no one cares about that , even trendy when come online

sorry my bad english , but i hope someone understand my point
    mzspQIG.jpg

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    ajalen wrote: »
    (...)

I understand your point and I fully agree. Because of that behaviour, groups like Dental exist in the first place, feeding on the tears of butthurt players for some weird reason crying out about exploits and banning because there is a stranger on ESD...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    it was funny. I was hoping Dental would come out in full force demanding a counterattack on the Klingon High Command
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    I think Tacofangs might have something to say about burning ESD.

forget him, we need holy fire, a lot of it. It's that or we rebuild ESD. His choice

someone call for holy fire?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    bergins wrote: »
    I think Tacofangs might have something to say about burning ESD.

forget him, we need holy fire, a lot of it. It's that or we rebuild ESD. His choice

someone call for holy fire?​​

excellent, it shall do. Now throw it and run away!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    don't forget to count to 5 before throwing​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    I find this all good fun. Also we could have our next screen shot contest winner coming up here.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    ajalen wrote: »
    (...)

I understand your point and I fully agree. Because of that behaviour, groups like Dental exist in the first place, feeding on the tears of butthurt players for some weird reason crying out about exploits and banning because there is a stranger on ESD...​​

They should go ahead and finish tearing down the damned walls and be done with it. Once you hit 60, or finish "Surface Tension", they should just allow players to visit any social zone they want, and be done with it.
    Even allied militaries IRL still maintain opsec unless an individual is granted special clearance on a case by case basis. And you can get arrested to this day for committing espionage on behalf of an ally.

That's part of why I think the embassy idea suggested upthread would make more sense for crossfaction sites on Earth and Qo'noS. For Earth, perhaps a Paris-based map. Not sure about Qo'noS.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.

Yesss...you smell us, but we only smell your fear.

:]

we fear you soiling our carpets...
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    Even allied militaries IRL still maintain opsec unless an individual is granted special clearance on a case by case basis. And you can get arrested to this day for committing espionage on behalf of an ally.

That's part of why I think the embassy idea suggested upthread would make more sense for crossfaction sites on Earth and Qo'noS. For Earth, perhaps a Paris-based map. Not sure about Qo'noS.

I like the idea of a diplomatic area. However, I must point out that the areas of First City and ESD that we spend time in don't scream "restricted area".

• captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    doyouw wrote: »
    rezking wrote: »
    risian4 wrote: »
    It'd be nice if we could visit all social zones, with no restrictions whatsoever. We're already patrolling each other's core territory and assisting in countless other projects (through the Admiralty system). It'd make sense that we see the restrictions removed eventually.

No stinkin' Feddies allowed on Ganalda, though...it's a sacred place.

and Klinks on K7 ... although I'd rather stay digital no wish to go back to analog way ;)

Speaking of with, should the Klink who cloaked it that one time be released yet, or something? Cause last i looked, they were still questioning him.

I like the idea of a diplomatic area. However, I must point out that the areas of First City and ESD that we spend time in don't scream "restricted area".

With First City I would agree that the majority of that map is probably not a restricted area; that said, I do not think enemy nationals would be welcome in the Great Hall. It helps with First City that the shipyard is elsewhere, as that is the other area that would make sense to be restricted/classified. With ESD, again I could see where some of it could be open to all, but you still have to contend with the fact that Quinn's office area would be restricted to enemy nationals, as would the shipyard.

DS9 was a special case--and I suspect the only reason Klingons were cleared onto the station by the Federation is that they had actually BEEN on board already during the Dominion War and had observations of the place already...and observations of anything new there are most likely to only compromise DS9 itself, as opposed to many other Starfleet installations (including your fleet base), as long as the computers are appropriately guarded.

Actually, now that I think of it, New Romulus actually exhibits the kind of split I had in mind (though it's odd considering the way D'Tan is balancing the Feds and Klinks off of each other), where Romulan citizens can get to areas that non-Romulans can't, but non-Romulans CAN pass back and forth through their Embassy.

I am not suggesting a fleet holding in this case, since the goal would be a more interactive social zone, but I think a dedicated cross-faction zone is probably still the best way to go.

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Maybe we should be talking about a Fleet Holding. Now that we are allies again, why shouldn't we have an Embassy, much like the Fleet Embassy on New Romulus? KDF Fleets would have them either on ESD or at the Academy, Fed Fleets at First City or maybe a revamped Shipyard.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    nah, make it a training ground where we can beam down and fight the other side until we get to their base where we can start some doffing that gives us the other side's doffs :D
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    don't forget to count to 5 before throwing​​

It is count to 3. 3 being the number thou shalt count to.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    1, 2, 5!
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • jaywest21jaywest21 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    No, 3! 5 is right out.
  • ajalenajalen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2015

i think Rura Penthe is good place for fed embassy , some starfleet captains aready know it .....................

mzspQIG.jpg

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    This planet smells. It must be the klingons.
    This planet smells. It must be the klingons.

that's the Gorn. trust me.