test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plse Cryptic, make some simple changes to STO to make this game as great as it could be!

edipssedipss Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Hi guys, im a long time STO veteran with over 1200 hours ingame time (according to steam)

i love this game, but i seriously dont understand why arc just isnt able/ willing to make this game better with only a few simple changes.

sure u can argue it will cost them time and money but thats nothing compared to the money arc would earn bye implamanting the following things in this game.

1st: make the combat log reader a implemented part of the game or add an device that u can equip that acts like a CLR and only shows YOURSELF your current DPS

this would lead to much more grinding/playing this game for a lot of players that are not so deep in the STO community and dont even now about stuff like CLR.

And if u wanna compare your *DickSize* after an STF its totally up to you to post your values since noone else can see them otherwhise

Furthermore it would make people now how far they are with their builds and if they are ready for certain content or not.

AND this would kinda negate the HIGH lack of informations arc is giving new players about this game, since people could just see if certain stats would improve their overhall DPS or not.

2nd: make advanced and Elite STF's have an needed average equipment level

this would lead to much more success in higher level (Elite) STF's and maybe it would lead to having more then only the same 2-4 Elite Stf's getting started

so these are my sugestions, and its really not that hard to translate into this game, even i could do the codeing to implement a CLR into this game and im just a student.

and before people even start arguing that these changes would be only DPS focused and this game isnt all about DPS, sure u are totally right, but you just CANT play Elite content without doing at least a certain amount of DPS regardles if u playing a more tanky or supporting build style DPS is bye far the most valuable stat in this game and as i said sure u can mix it up with tankiness or supporting but u just simply cant play this game without doing damage.

so these would be my suggestions, would be happy about getting some feedback about them.

greetz EDIPS
Post edited by edipss on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    ARC is a multi-game-launcher. It's a non-sentient program and cannot be willing to implement anything into anything.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    letsfadeawayletsfadeaway Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Just wait a few years and ARC, Steam, Galaxy, Uplay and Origin will combine to form Skynet.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    ARC is a multi-game-launcher. It's a non-sentient program and cannot be willing to implement anything into anything.​​

this
    1st: make the combat log reader a implemented part of the game

and no; the dps race should be stopped now, and a better combat system implemented in game.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User

this

and no; the dps race should be stopped now, and a better combat system implemented in game.

100% agreed the dps race is killing the game. I had some douche the other day pm'ing me saying I'm playing the game wrong because I use cannons on my defiant (yea I know i'd get more dps with beams but it bores me stupid flying in circles all the time).

And 50k dps for elites is not needed.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    No.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options

y m bad ^_^
    divvydave wrote: »

this

100% agreed the dps race is killing the game. I had some douche the other day pm'ing me saying I'm playing the game wrong because I use cannons on my defiant (yea I know i'd get more dps with beams but it bores me stupid flying in circles all the time).

And 50k dps for elites is not needed.

its a grinding game after all....so what do u wanna grind for, if its not beeing able to put our more damage? its just how this game works and always has, if u dislike the *dps-race* u probably play the wrong game....this game would totally not be what it is when there would not be this goal to reach high amounts of dps. and if somebody blames u for ur build , i dunno man honestly just ignore this person and give a TRIBBLE.

and yeah sure 50k dps is not needed thats why i said *for example*
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    No.

Agreed for once on this.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    Combat reader is a terrible idea, it tells such a small part of the story. I know people like to take pleasure into reading their awesome numbers but there is so much more behind them than the combat reader will ever tell you from taking the big shiny numbers from the combat log and plotting them on a graph. Sure, you can bully your way through the match with raw dps faw power "scoring damage points" on targets that are totally inconsequential to the match objectives, but there are many other ways to play, some are even more efficient in achieving match objectives though they wont show up on your vaunted graphs in any way that will satisfy your ego. Matchmaking people based on their 'dps' accomplishments is another terrible idea: go play a FPS with a much more limited scope of mechanics if you want to exploit an ELO system.
  • Options
    cassiusdiocassiusdio Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edipss wrote: »

2nd: make STF's have a matchmaking rating according to the DPS values u get from the implemented combat log reader, and make an overall minimum needed DPS value to start a que.

what i mean with this would be FOR EXAMPLE (even tho its 2 much)
    give an elite STF a needed average-DPS-value of lets say 50k DPS.

this would lead to much more success in higher level (Elite) STF's

so these would be my suggestions, would be happy about getting some feedback about them.

greetz EDIPS

Ever thought about tanks or sci-drainers? Ever thought about the % of the people reaching 50k dps? Plus there are a lot of missions where dps is not even the deciding factor. Take VCE as an example.

I agree that it would be nice and very comfortable to have an in-built parser but using it as a requirement is pretty pointless.

1. dps is just one dimension needed in a stf
    2. dps based on what? isa? cca? hse?
    3. if you want a higher success rate in stf: a) get a higher dps yourself so you can carry noobs b) join the dps channel

• Options
    freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Just because you can slap stuff all over with BFAW doesn't mean its a good idea.

The number of times I've seen someone go sailing up to the left-hand nanite transformer in Infected: the conduit, BFAW and hit all four nanite generators which summon a pair of borg spheres EACH. Then they either blow up or just run away leaving a horde of upset spheres to rampage through the rest of us who are trying to kill the nanite spheres that also turned up as soon a nanite generator got hit.

If you fly in, blow up the cube/spheres guarding it then FOCUS on one generator at a time you can get two, three, sometimes all four down before the nanite spheres start showing up, that way you can leave the transformer hammering to one or two of the group while the rest take out the nanite and normal sphere reinforcements.

But maybe it's just me who rarely puts beams on a ship and doesn't use BFAW much.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I Can See where the OP is coming from. He's trying to make PUGging relevant again. It's a good goal but there may be better ways of doing it. Better instructions on Gameplay to new players for one thing, challenges are good so long as you know what your supposed to do.

Elites are really meant to be premades.
  • Options
    nategamersnategamers Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    What you are asking is and will probably kill pugs as a whole everything will end up being even more private built than before. Then this also doesn't account others who are science and engineers as the DPS counter does not account for curtain powers and can even be inaccurate at times. Also this fight for dps is something thats becoming a useless struggle for something that will give no reward expect for self knowledge and for those who have a large wallet able to put the money and time into getting the fancy gear levels.

Also to OP even remotely saying for example 50k is pretty overkill most STF elites are easily done with people at 20k+ that fact that you want to limit them even at such a rate would mean you are so far into the dps fade that you can't even understand what it is you are implying.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    nategamers wrote: »
    What you are asking is and will probably kill pugs as a whole everything will end up being even more private built than before. Then this also doesn't account others who are science and engineers as the DPS counter does not account for curtain powers and can even be inaccurate at times. Also this fight for dps is something thats becoming a useless struggle for something that will give no reward expect for self knowledge and for those who have a large wallet able to put the money and time into getting the fancy gear levels.

Also to OP even remotely saying for example 50k is pretty overkill most STF elites are easily done with people at 20k+ that fact that you want to limit them even at such a rate would mean you are so far into the dps fade that you can't even understand what it is you are implying.

i dunno why people just blame me for the fact i wrote *50k*it was an example and of course its overkill.
    and sure as i already said DPS isnt all in this game, but its a constant value that needs to have a certain average in order to succeed most of the end game content.

and yeah implementing a CLR might not be the best idea at all thats right, but adding at least something, that shows people how good their builds are in their current stages.

and its just a fact that all of the late game content this game has to offer is a mix of knowing what to do and doing a certain amount of Dmg.

and the basic idea behind my suggestions is actually just to give players a possibility to see how good certain stats work for their builds, cause 1 of the biggest problems or maybe even THE biggest problem this game has since the start is a giant lack of usefull informations given to players how the interactions of certain stats works and how it effects their builds.

samt1996 wrote: »
    I Can See where the OP is coming from. He's trying to make PUGging relevant again. It's a good goal but there may be better ways of doing it. Better instructions on Gameplay to new players for one thing, challenges are good so long as you know what your supposed to do.

Elites are really meant to be premades.

yeah thats the thing most of the space elites are just not really doable as a solo player, and thats mainly because - as i said above- people have either not the knowledge or the equipment to succeed there.

its pretty much not possible to remove the lack of knowledge its just something u have to learn but it is possible to make something like *an average equipment level* for advanced-elite ques.

the thing is that there are so many Elite ground and space ques that very rarely get started at all and even if u have the patience to get 1 started its most likely gonna fail. so u either go premade as u said or u can just forget playing like 90% of the end game content this game has to offer.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    What? No. No. No. NO NO NO!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I fly Rhode Island and focus on Exotic Damage. I mostly never joins the top 3 in damage but I think most people forgive me when I put a Gravity Well on 6 mobs so they can Torp spread it.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    No.
    gradii wrote: »
    No.

Agreed for once on this.
    talonxv wrote: »
    What? No. No. No. NO NO NO!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your very constructive and informative critism i really appreciate it :*
  • Options
    No need for anything else besides an Emphatic NO!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited December 2015

since i already saw dozens of ur posts spread around in this forum and lierally ALL of them where negative and without any value for the the conversation i honestly just gonna treat ur posts as if they would not exist, cause thats how valueable the posts of negative and toxic person like you is.

so have a nice day buddy
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    1. With 2-3 different parsers having been written by the community, if Cryptic really wanted to integrate a parser, they would have by now.

2. Heck, they already have a parser. Of their design. Go into CCA, shoot nothing, and spam heals. See if you come in 1st place or not...

2.5 So Cryptic doesn't want us to see the numeric results. Obvious, because they could post a scorecard - whether individual or team at the end of "parsed" runs like CCA.

3. Gear score only works when everyone has the same level of slots. I mean, how's my 3/3 Sci ever going to get the same gear score as a 4/4 cruiser?

Next refinements, please...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2015

That'll just encourage people to artificially push their "gear score" with unappropriate items. You're not making the item cut for advanced? Just buy a few crappy Mk.XIV consoles, a bunch of cheap but useless Mk.XIV weapons and equip them.

In addition to that it's builds, ship types, the right combination of equipment and a bit of pilot skill (timing, distance, reaction time, grasping the concept of the current encounter) that's decisive in how a ship will perform, rather than his level of equipment.
  • Options
    whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    Hi guys, im a long time STO veteran with over 1200 hours ingame time (according to steam)

i love this game, but i seriously dont understand why arc just isnt able/ willing to make this game better with only a few simple changes.

sure u can argue it will cost them time and money but thats nothing compared to the money arc would earn bye implamanting the following things in this game.

1st: make the combat log reader a implemented part of the game or add an device that u can equip that acts like a CLR and only shows YOURSELF your current DPS

this would lead to much more grinding/playing this game for a lot of players that are not so deep in the STO community and dont even now about stuff like CLR.

And if u wanna compare your *DickSize* after an STF its totally up to you to post your values since noone else can see them otherwhise

Furthermore it would make people now how far they are with their builds and if they are ready for certain content or not.

AND this would kinda negate the HIGH lack of informations arc is giving new players about this game, since people could just see if certain stats would improve their overhall DPS or not.

this would lead to much more success in higher level (Elite) STF's and maybe it would lead to having more then only the same 2-4 Elite Stf's getting started

so these are my sugestions, and its really not that hard to translate into this game, even i could do the codeing to implement a CLR into this game and im just a student.

and before people even start arguing that these changes would be only DPS focused and this game isnt all about DPS, sure u are totally right, but you just CANT play Elite content without doing at least a certain amount of DPS regardles if u playing a more tanky or supporting build style DPS is bye far the most valuable stat in this game and as i said sure u can mix it up with tankiness or supporting but u just simply cant play this game without doing damage.

greetz EDIPS
    all of this would not make the game great.you need to remember most people that play this game are die hard star trek fans.the episodes are basically single player story's. if they changed a few things it would make a massive difference. 1. more choices that effect the out come of parts of an episode.example would be like give a choice of a response to an npc like 1 what would cpt picard/janeway or kirk say would give and depending on witch you choose it changes the dialog even story some what. also have episodes that take place on your ship how often in the shows did crazy stuff happen in ship? stuff like this would change things in a huge way
  • Options
    dareau wrote: »
    3. Gear score only works when everyone has the same level of slots. I mean, how's my 3/3 Sci ever going to get the same gear score as a 4/4 cruiser?

Next refinements, please...

AVERAGE gear level works regardless of how many slots a ships has cause its the AVERAGE
  • Options
    borg0borg0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    To OP: DPS is a boring thing. I havent captained ships setup with hi dps (73k+ dps) for a while now cause it's so boring to blast everything in a few seconds. Tbh, I've played STO from the beginning when in order to complete a STF, everyone needed to work together as a team to complete all the optionals. Nowaday, STFs are reduced to mindless pow-pow-bang-bang mindless shooting where every noob thinks they are elites cause they do lot dps. Consequently, the devs have become lazy and only focus on this dps aspect of the game. Why not tbh, why bother with other aspects to make a game more in depth when one can just focus on a single aspect: dps. It isnt Star Trek!!!

Nowaday, I preferred ships with science setting over tac's. It requires true skills. Tbh, dpsers are a punch of whining pussies. They complain about everything when they cant kill someone or something fast, resulting in nerfing all other aspects of STO. Science skills were mostly nerfed 'cause dpsers complained when they lost in pvp because they were so noob to figure out how to deal with them lol. My friend and I, we used to have fun to find novel setup or way to make ppl cried in pvp. Now, the only thing u need to do is upgrade ur weapons to max and pow pow pow. So boring!! And ppl r still pondering why pvp is dead in STO. Pvp is dead 'cause it's so boring!!!

If devs dont change their thinking soon, STO gonna become a boring game. I dun really play STO nowaday tbh. I just log on to do the winter event since I'm a collector of ships. The only thing I can still enjoy in STO is flying around in sector spaces and doing duty missions which are similar to the true spirit of STar Trek.

In conclusion, it's the dps noobs that are destroying STO. I sure hope STO doesnt become a chinese mmo where dps is the main aspect. All chinese mmos are made from a same template: dps+resource grinding=money making scheme for sweat shops. STO is slowly becoming one.
  • Options
    crypticrockcrypticrock Member Posts: 120 Cryptic Developer
    OP, if you have a knack for programming and want to see this game improved, please apply. We're looking for programmers.
  • Options

since i already saw dozens of ur posts spread around in this forum and lierally ALL of them where negative and without any value for the the conversation i honestly just gonna treat ur posts as if they would not exist, cause thats how valueable the posts of negative and toxic person like you is.

so have a nice day buddy

All negative. Pfft you don't even know pal. But if it makes you feel better, but just an FYI. This game is more than just tracking DPS.
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    I'd love it is damage wasn't even able to be seen or measured at all. But that's just me.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    When Picard was commanding the Enterprise-D what was his DPS? I do believe the DPS on the E had to suck, I mean come on, he had to ram the Enterprise into the scimitar.

Just sayin.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator