test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T'Ket

Isent it high time we deal with her already?
Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    But then we wont have a plausible reason for shooting up Iconians in the Queues !

That aside, what would like to see happen to her ?

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    I wold like her to have an involvement in new dawn and what makes you think she has ANY Heralds? And one of my kdfs woudl like to finish what Kahless started
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,872 Arc User
    Yes...we suffered heavy casualties in the Iconian war...we're still in recovery...but no...lets go hunt the most aggressive Iconian around! Lets lose more ships and crews...especially while being assaulted by the mirror universe...who ever cared for the saying "let sleeping dogs lie"...lets go provoke another war while where still recovering from our last one and in the middle of another one!
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    T'Ket said she would destroy us, if she didnt she would have left with L'Miren

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I don't see why they needed to justify keeping the queues going. We're still fighting Klingons in the Fleet Actions, aren't we?

I'd like to see L'Miren and the other Iconians finally deal with T'Ket. A huge space battle between their two fleets, while we struggle to survive caught in the crossfire. That would be epic, and a lot more satisfying than the one in "Midnight".
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I hope we get to visit Iconia again. Although they generally want to be left alone, surely they could make an exception for and accept a visit from The Other?

I'd like to see how their homeworld is being rebuilt, and hopefully some attempts at 'creating' more Iconians. I don't like the idea that there's only 10 good ones left.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    The Borg will assimilate her and go on a rampage.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

risian4 wrote: »
    I hope we get to visit Iconia again. Although they generally want to be left alone, surely they could make an exception for and accept a visit from The Other?

I'd like to see how their homeworld is being rebuilt, and hopefully some attempts at 'creating' more Iconians. I don't like the idea that there's only 10 good ones left.

I thought they left for andromeda

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Well, according to the other Iconians, T'Ket will come around. It may take a few thousand years but she'll be fine with us eventually B)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I don't see why they needed to justify keeping the queues going. We're still fighting Klingons in the Fleet Actions, aren't we?

I'd like to see L'Miren and the other Iconians finally deal with T'Ket. A huge space battle between their two fleets, while we struggle to survive caught in the crossfire. That would be epic, and a lot more satisfying than the one in "Midnight".

i don't think they will ever fight each other for any reason
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    What i imagine for T'ket is that she goes so far to win, the Q Continuum steps in, and de-ages her and all her Heralds into infants, whether that change is only physically, or mentally as well is up to the Q.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Nah let her sit in her room for awhile longer to think about what she did.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Yes...we suffered heavy casualties in the Iconian war...we're still in recovery...but no...lets go hunt the most aggressive Iconian around! Lets lose more ships and crews...especially while being assaulted by the mirror universe...who ever cared for the saying "let sleeping dogs lie"...lets go provoke another war while where still recovering from our last one and in the middle of another one!

Yeah and we can just get GENERAL kagran now to launch a frontal assault on T'kets most fortified structure getting 90% of the fleet destroyed in the process heck he might make chancellor with casualty rates like those lol
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    captz1pp wrote: »
    What i imagine for T'ket is that she goes so far to win, the Q Continuum steps in, and de-ages her and all her Heralds into infants, whether that change is only physically, or mentally as well is up to the Q.
    We don't even really need the Q for that. Since Iconians suck at time travel due to their memories reverting back to the time they travel to, all we have to do is send her back to sometime before the homeworld was destroyed. Or back before she was born. Problem solved!
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Maybe we could send her a crate of tribbles to pacify her.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    At this point i think the whole damned thing is ridiculous....

T'ket was a shoehorn for keeping the Queues yet each and every queue that has us fighting a herald priest... it's still "of M'tara."

At this point Cryptic, Stop complaining about people NOT running your queues because that particular reputation/season is over.... take away the queues, shove the rep marks by the several hundreds into the story missions and let players get on with the new TRIBBLE. Going back to the missions if they want the Rep stuff.

oh... wait... that would mean actually making content that fits the reputations! how silly of me! Cryptic doesn't do that, oh no-no-no! we've just spent two months listening to the feddy "tale of woe" that has zero Yotz to do with the Terran Empire... Or of Sela finding her humanity.... Or of the "Exploration" your marketing department was chomping at the bit for you to hype all over our faces.....​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    No thanks, she's only just gone. I'm fine having it as a dangling thread for a while. Then they can make T'Kets 'Wrath of Khan' when we've been through a few other new arcs.

Also while we're talking about the problem of the queue's. I think that now there's so many they should put them all on a timer so they only have like one space and one ground for each rep valid at a time. It'd make for more variety by forcing players to sign-up for less popular ones if they were desperate for the marks and make the waits between PUGs shorter.
    antzudan wrote: »
    No thanks, she's only just gone. I'm fine having it as a dangling thread for a while. Then they can make T'Kets 'Wrath of Khan' when we've been through a few other new arcs.

Also while we're talking about the problem of the queue's. I think that now there's so many they should put them all on a timer so they only have like one space and one ground for each rep valid at a time. It'd make for more variety by forcing players to sign-up for less popular ones if they were desperate for the marks and make the waits between PUGs shorter.

Objection your honor

• dragnockdragnock Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    OMG What if T'ket is that mysterious benefactor of the suliban in the temporal cold war think about it
    1. They could only project themselves into the past, couldn't travel to the past (Iconions cant time travel)
    2. Mastery at genetic alterations (genetically engineered suliban)
    3. Couldn't hurt the federation, would destroy her race cause wed never travel to the past and save them. Hence why the suliban were not to destroy Archer or Enterprise and why Archer was warned about the Xindie
    4. Wanted to mess up the Klingons (revenge for that lost arm)
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    But how will T'Ket ever get back the arm?!?!?!? Do they have the technology?!?!? *rolls eyes*
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Yeah the whole missing arm thing really bothers me. So Iconians can turn themselves and their heralds into living weapons, create vast numbers of ships with untold power, move across multiple galaxies instantly via Stargates...but they can't grow back an arm or at least replace it with a prosthetic? Whatever. :disappointed:
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    It's alright, she knows she isn't really allowed to kill us anymore so she is going to take her revenge by writing cringeworth fan fiction where she is the hero and our pants keep falling down. It's very slapstick and is so bad it becomes a cult classic. Your crew all start reading it and keep laughing every time you come onto the bridge leading you to start therapy and eventually hiding in your quarters renacting war stories with soft toys. 10 years later you meet Tket in a bar and almost start a fight. You marry her 3 months later.
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    sunseahl wrote: »
    At this point i think the whole damned thing is ridiculous....

T'ket was a shoehorn for keeping the Queues yet each and every queue that has us fighting a herald priest... it's still "of M'tara."
    ​​

Oh, that one's easy. All those heralds left behind when M'Tara was killed have joined T'Ket so they can avenge their mistress.

If you want the real explanation, I would say that renaming the heralds makes sense only from a post-Midnight viewpoint. From a viewpoint earlier in the Iconian arc, she's the leader of the circle and the player character is standing against her forces.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • nategamersnategamers Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    lessley00 wrote: »
    Isent it high time we deal with her already?

If only it was that easy but I guess the Millions of virtual lives lost wasn't enough.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Yeah the whole missing arm thing really bothers me. So Iconians can turn themselves and their heralds into living weapons, create vast numbers of ships with untold power, move across multiple galaxies instantly via Stargates...but they can't grow back an arm or at least replace it with a prosthetic? Whatever. :disappointed:
    "I don't want my pain to go away, I need my pain!" --Captain Kirk

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • greenpushergreenpusher Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    We could give Her a christmas present: A gift wrapped Sela with a nice big bow!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    khazlol wrote: »

i don't think they will ever fight each other for any reason

I think you're right about this. L'Miren said she wouldn't go against T'Ket, not even for the Others.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Well, since it's been mentioned, why can't we just talk her into having it out with Sela?
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    We may end up dealing with her in the future, but time will tell. I'm sure she is busy trying to help rebuild their World and protecting them in the process. However IF we do end up dealing with her. None of the Iconians will help. As L'Miren said it her self.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.