test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher will not start game after patch. Unable to start game client: ...

Aug 15/ 2015. After the patch this morning, the launcher will not load the game. It patched and when I press engage it says "Unable to start game client: The operation completed successfully". Tried force verify, safe mode restarting pc and all that. Nothing. Submitted a ticket #150814-001433, but that goes to PWE. Does cryptic have their own support staff? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    picardcrusherpicardcrusher Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I'm having a similar issue. I logged in for the first time in a few days and played the crystaline event. At the end of the event when I should have gone to the loading screen STO stopped responding. I was playing in safe mode because I'm already having that problem from the other thread. I tried logging back in using the safe mode fix I've been using for weeks now, and it just won't respond at character screen.

These people can't be this incompetent... Any good conspiracy theories? ;D

Nerfing is Fraud...
  • Options
    banzayetsbanzayets Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    no theories they plain SUCK !!!
  • Options
    have had this issue WHOLE week, logged on ONCE , invoked, did AH thing, now cant log in AGAIN, obviously something on their end, lol , might be: servers are full & patchy due to new content Launch!
  • Options
    doesnt look like they want our money, huh ?;)
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Fix the game.
  • Options
    aranthiraaranthira Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    my launcher wont update. It times out after 5 attempts. dunno if its cryptic/arc or win10
  • Options
    rosesawrosesaw Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Log in tell it to engage then Goes to Star Trek the Iconian Wars page where it says loading and won't go any further
  • Options
    kharn77kharn77 Member Posts: 3 New User
    recent patch on Star Trek has messed up compatibility with Win 10, see also Graphical and technical known issues - Catalyst Driver and STO crashed

Yet to see a response from anyone with actual answers
  • Options
    colinus#1809 colinus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    i also had the same issue cryptic get on the ball and fix this or you will be losing customers i'm a valued member of this community
    been a gold player since may 20th 2014
    o:)
  • Options
    christorenchristoren Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i have not been able to do anything with it almost all year. either game wont start up or no sound and crash when click on anything. restored , updated, still wont run... lol so much for lvl 100+ n 50$ already invested in it... kinda pointless when cant even get on.........................................
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    Must modify the configuration file and force the game in Dx9, that will do the trick