test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gameserver Not Found? Trendy SMASH

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    While it looks like it's centralized around Winter Wonder Land, we're checking if it's a shard specific or software specific problem.

Fear the mighty leek!!, thanks Trendy!
    I'm trying to narrow things down. I think I understand the root of it a bit more. Now looking for solutions.
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    @misterperseus

gameserver not found, safe login hung up loading WW.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Bug hammer frakkin' swing, Trendy?

I've had the same issue on all characters I logged out at the winter wonderland map the previous day. After logging back in the character select screen gives me the option of a safe log in and so far that's worked every time and when I do get in the game I'm in the wonderland map.

Theory: the game may be trying to place you in the exact same instance number you were last in and the instance is either full or was closed due to no population.

@monkeybone13
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I've experienced of on all my toons... Any one of them left in the WW upon logout...

@crm14916

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    @misterperseus

Working on a solution.
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    @misterperseus

Working on a solution.

Also i'm getting a lot of SNR's in ESD and WW, probably related?, anyway thanks!

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    @misterperseus

Working on a solution.
    Also i'm getting a lot of SNR's in ESD and WW, probably related?, anyway thanks!
    I'm guessing SNRs are not related as I've not seen them at the same time I've had the server not found issue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rooster241rooster241 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    good luck trendy, having real problems even getting in game tonight buddy. got your work cut out for you it seems
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    @misterperseus

Working on a solution.
    I'm guessing SNRs are not related as I've not seen them at the same time I've had the server not found issue.

Odd, i do, and its the first time i have so many, and only on ESD and WW, even changing to a less crowed instance, the problem persist, but anywhere in the game, same char, no problem.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Robert9of9@jewkesman Sheeliz@jewkesman, isreal2jewkesman Mrwhiskers@jewkesman pretty much my whole list except my level 9 or 10 un allied remulan character. i'd list all but have over 16 toons. also my friend @linseedoil or as he is called in game @linseed1 i think he has k'dohn, gunbuck, and two others i can't rwemember their names.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I've had it happen to Jacob@echatty, Lilly, Leonid. Not sure about Rowena, a maybe. Or Stephvin is a maybe too. Those are the only five I've been playing in the WW
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    smokeynz13smokeynz13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Its bee on my main of Smokey@smokeynz13. Can take 2-3 attempts to get in at times
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    castsbugc wrote: »
    I can say that when it happened to me, I had logged out from winter wonderland. what was distressing and annoying was that it didnt matter if I chose safe login or normal login, I would still get the no gameserver found message. This did go away after about the 10th time I tried to log the character in. This also only affected the character that was in the winter wonderland, other toons loaded fine

It would login just fine to the WW when choosing Normal Login after the GNF error, for me anyway across all my toons that are there.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I'm looking into the Gameserver Not Found error personally.

Thank you, I get it a lot when switching toons either on ESD or Q' WWL. I do have toons in WWL when it happens on ESD.

Thanks again!
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    cbiz1983cbiz1983 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Hey folks, if you recently experienced this, what was your character@handle?

esan@cbiz1983

Thanks for looking into it!
    45bEibx.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Launcher says there's maintenance again tommorrow? Is there patch notes for this?
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Nice to know this is being looked at. Meanwhile I still have to move files out of live/localdata and restart the game to get to ESD and even spacedock sometimes. :p

Wonder if it's related.​​
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Proxima@DaveyNY
    It happened around 11am EST on Thursday 12/10.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    OMG... It's the BACONATOR!

Kill this bug deader than hell!!!

I personally haven't experienced this issue, but the wife has. I am running an ethernet connection, while she is running off a wireless one. Could that possibly tie into this?

The reason why I ask is because this and other issues have arisen. She has other issues while I don't as we are running off the same router.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    daxiii23daxiii23 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    cant login to the game at all ... hangs for more than 30mins now at the launcher with "attempting to connect to controller tracker"

my internet connection is fine, computer restart did nothing
  • Options
    chilleulechilleule Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    is this why there is unscheduled maintenance? my launcher says "please check the forums" but it's not in here...
  • Options
    defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Happened to me just now: Inken@defufo

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • Options
    phyaxiaphyaxia Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    It has happened to most all my characters. If I beam out of Q Winter Area is loses game server. However if I go to Q and ask to leave it does not. I may be wrong but check into the beam out portion of it.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Also, in junction with the Gameserver problem is the return of the extended loading screen wait times.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    I got login_2 failed when I got in after taking all morning installing patch hopefully I can get online later today or is is ointless having the game since my game time is limited and can't be bothered to have a game I can't login to
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Think the issue should be fix'd by tomorrow maintenance, some testing on Tribble happened & the issue seemed to be gone - fingers crossed. :3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58
    And like a beacon of light, birthed by the devs and brought to you by Trendy, a fix is going up tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help investigating this.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    i'm curious, was the problem something unique to the winter wonderland, or was it global, but didn't happen as much outside of ww because of some specific events?​​
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Well, that was weird... the GAME SERVER NOT FOUND screen came up when I signed in, but then flashed away and the game came up.

THANKS FOR THE GUMDROP, TRENDY!
    <3

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    rooster241rooster241 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    trendy, you are the man, working much better for me now, no log in problems. very happy, thank you a million times for all you guys do, this is my favorite game