test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deep Space Nine Revamp

i don't know if you guys feel the same but i think its about time ds9 had a revamp at the moment it not really used as there is nothing there to attract people and its shame that a big station like that is going to waste surely they can find something to make it useful again maybe they are waiting to we have gamma quadrent exp but that could be a while away at the moment i am short on suggestion to what they could do
maybe put more mini games on there as we have quarks maybe they could expand quarks to have more mini games not just dabo

you guys have any suggestions

Comments

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    They are working on it RIGHT NOW and it will be coming soon...

Try using the search feature next time you want to make a thread.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    I hope Quark's Bar gets some new life Maybe some holodeck suites with actual playable scenarios that they can add to...even if it's just for a stroll through some scenery.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »

And you know what happens when people do that? They find a three month old thread, comment on it and the people start yelling 'Stop necroing!'.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Our DS9 will be destroyed, but luckily we'll be able to Purge the terran station and keep that instead of DS9.
    Perhaps a rename though: DS9.1​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    If DS9 is destroyed, then I petition the replacement station to be named Babylon 6.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    He could've seen Tacos comments about it which would've answered all his questions.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    He could've seen Tacos comments about it which would've answered all his questions.

In which case they might have added an "awesome!" or asked clarifying questions and we'd still be having people yelling NECRO!
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    Knowing how to use the forums is his responsibility.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ilithyn wrote: »

And you know what happens when people do that? They find a three month old thread, comment on it and the people start yelling 'Stop necroing!'.

I must agree. This is a catch 22 problem.
    flash525 wrote: »
    If DS9 is destroyed, then I petition the replacement station to be named Babylon 6.

A rotating space station with pea shooters, mine launchers, and no shields? No deal! =)
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Our DS9 will be destroyed, but luckily we'll be able to Purge the terran station and keep that instead of DS9.
    Perhaps a rename though: DS9.1​​

DS 3.11 for Workgroups.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    Perhaps a rename though: DS9.1

DS 3.11 for Workgroups.

That's too ancient for me.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Ah... I remember 3.11...

But maybe it's time to go to a whole new system. Ubuntu DS, anyone? Or DS X?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    I would rather they fixed the bugs in the game and added features rather than revamping things.

ESD didn't need to be done, the one we had before was perfectly fine. Now it's revamped it doesn't fit into some of the missions as they still use the "Old" ESD.... It's all very bitty and tacked together.

Club47 is also another totally pointless area that was revamped. It serves zero purpose what so ever and is a total waste of time and effort.

Time should be spent on creating new areas with actual.... You know..... Things to DO ?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    kyrrok wrote: »

A rotating space station with pea shooters, mine launchers, and no shields? No deal! =)

Ah... but you forget... we're talking about 25th Century Federation technology. The station would have shields, phasers, torpedoes, Cobra Bays for fighters...
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    I would rather they fixed the bugs in the game and added features rather than revamping things.

ESD didn't need to be done, the one we had before was perfectly fine. Now it's revamped it doesn't fit into some of the missions as they still use the "Old" ESD.... It's all very bitty and tacked together.

Club47 is also another totally pointless area that was revamped. It serves zero purpose what so ever and is a total waste of time and effort.

Time should be spent on creating new areas with actual.... You know..... Things to DO ?

They can do that at the same time. Cryptic has more than one department. Besides, older things are showing their age, and not in a good way, and Taco has been drooling over revamping DS9.

ESD is easier to navigate now, and there's one less load screen involved. Essentially the "pointless" revamp streamlined ESD. Club 47 was also a part of Old ESD, and was promised to us with New ESD.

Also... Enviornmental Artists aren't responsible for Bug Fixing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

The old ESD was warmer, and looked somewhat less like the inside of a shopping mall. Still, the new one has grown on me, and I wouldn't want to go back.

As for DS9, they recently rewrote half the Cardie storyline missions, so it comes as no surprise to me DS9 is getting a (much needed) revamp.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    DPS Nine?
  • Options
    I wouldn't say warmer, but old ESD did have the lights over the exchange we could climb on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Says you.

I love Taco's new designs. :) While the old (naturally always) looks familiar, once the new is in place, you start realizing how aged the old really was. Much like the new Herald bridges are a great improvement over the rather clunky bridges we had to make do with before.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »

Ah... but you forget... we're talking about 25th Century Federation technology. The station would have shields, phasers, torpedoes, Cobra Bays for fighters...

Ok, that sounds decent, but what do we do about the rotating main sections? Do we keep the spin and have "gravity" work outward, or should we have artificial gravity and redo the levels so it's top on down instead? And about the figher bays, how do we retrofit them to accomodate peregrines instead of starfuries? And should we widen the hatch to welcome at least midsized ships inside, or just tell them to park outside and beam in? You have a lot of work ahead of you, but I would be curious about what the result would be. =)
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    I have heard, from the dark areas of the quadrant that there is a Reman called T'Pic that just loves Club 47. Can't get enough of that disco ball and dropping some moves on the dance floor.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Club 47 is used for role playing. Just because you don't use it does not mean no one else is using it.

All of you peeps that TRIBBLE about bugs but did not sign up for trendy's bug hunting group are a bunch of hypocrites. Easy to throw stones then try to help the devs.

Freeloaders.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Club 47 is used for role playing. Just because you don't use it does not mean no one else is using it.

All of you peeps that TRIBBLE about bugs but did not sign up for trendy's bug hunting group are a bunch of hypocrites. Easy to throw stones then try to help the devs.

Freeloaders.

Club 47 can be amusing. Take for example the waiting line for the litterbox downstairs.​​
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Still waiting for a Qo'Nos revamp and they are working on DS9? This game is made for the Federation :neutral:
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    Ok, that sounds decent, but what do we do about the rotating main sections? Do we keep the spin and have "gravity" work outward, or should we have artificial gravity and redo the levels so it's top on down instead? And about the figher bays, how do we retrofit them to accomodate peregrines instead of starfuries? And should we widen the hatch to welcome at least midsized ships inside, or just tell them to park outside and beam in? You have a lot of work ahead of you, but I would be curious about what the result would be. =)

Federation Starfuries?

As to the rotation... Not sure on that one yet.
    lamyrs wrote: »
    Still waiting for a Qo'Nos revamp and they are working on DS9? This game is made for the Federation :neutral:

DS9 is a cross faction hub. While Federation controlled, both sides are welcome.
  • Options
    Yes it is made for the federation, I mean duh. That's what everyone plays.
  • Options
    lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    lamyrs wrote: »

DS9 is a cross faction hub. While Federation controlled, both sides are welcome.

Haha, that joke. And why a Klingon should spend his time on DS9? For roleplay maybe? DS9 is a Fed station.
    Qo'Nos need more improvements than DS9.
    Yes it is made for the federation, I mean duh. That's what everyone plays.

Yes and everyone play it (well 60% is not everyone but whatever) because the improvements are made for the Federation and not for the others factions.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    I wouldn't say warmer, but old ESD did have the lights over the exchange we could climb on.

Ahh the days when Covershield wasn't banned from use and when people we climbing on the exchange tower towards greatness. I miss that.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    stop being an <vulgarism edited out for irrelevancy>......taco worked hard on that ESD revamp, and is probally working hard on the DS9 revamp right now besides i'm sure qo'nos will get done eventually​​
    Post edited by jodarkrider on
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2015

Um . . . no, actually, we aren't.

We announced that we were going to do it, at STLV last year, and right after we got back from STLV, we had to postpone it due to the fact that the Iconian Arc needed some last minute help, and everything else has just filed in behind that. It's still on a list of stuff we'd like to do, but it's not actively being worked on right now.

I really hope we get back to it soon, I'd love to do the work on it.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

Um . . . no, actually, we aren't.

We announced that we were going to do it, at STLV last year, and right after we got back from STLV, we had to postpone it due to the fact that the Iconian Arc needed some last minute help, and everything else has just filed in behind that. It's still on a list of stuff we'd like to do, but it's not actively being worked on right now.

I really hope we get back to it soon, I'd love to do the work on it.

Thats a bummer, but at least it is not forgotten.