test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gameserver not found, support page not working

nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
Can't get into the game any more. I get to the character selection screen, then when I select one I get an error and am asked if I want to use safe log in, then the error "Gameserver not found".

And I can't create a support ticket for this because trying to enter your support page gives this error:

An error occurred
Internal Server Error

Comments

• star23456star23456 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Did you try safe login?
    giphy.gif

• nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    star23456 wrote: »
    Did you try safe login?
    Yeah, gameserver not found. Finally managed to get in usung the normal login. Was logged out in Q-land, looks like the game can't handle expired instances any more. It seems to be falling apart a bit more with each update.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    nevawinna wrote: »
    star23456 wrote: »
    Did you try safe login?
    Yeah, gameserver not found. Finally managed to get in usung the normal login. Was logged out in Q-land, looks like the game can't handle expired instances any more. It seems to be falling apart a bit more with each update.
    I remember last year instead of relogging back into Q-land, it would instead take you back to Qonos/ESD (wherever you were before entering). Now it just gives the error. Safe Mode works sometimes, but it actually does take me back straight to Q-land when it works.
    I had hoped they fixed it this time.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    No log in issue here, but I noticed that the bug report and game master support tickets don't work for at least a week, maybe even longer.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by nevawinna on
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I'm having the same issue. I try logging on my main character that was in Q-land and get "gameserver not found" with both normal and safe login, but my other characters that were in other maps can log in just fine. Sadly, logging into another character then trying to switch gets the same error, doing this worked for me last year but apparently not anymore.

Edit: After trying safe login a half dozen times it finally connected. I strongly suggest exiting Q-land and going back to ESD/First City before logging off.
    Post edited by talien on
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    Ah. Getting 'Gameserver Not Found' too, logged out in Q'S Winter Wonderland... Will try safe mode repeatably until it works then. :/
  • lynomanlynoman Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Same issue
  • gamesweetg#7900 gamesweetg Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It's just happened to me as well when I was in Q's Winter Wonderland at the Snowball Fight boss on lake.after server connection lost.

[steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=570879716
    star_trek_online_forum_sig02xGDhA_display.gif
    Federation Chars x5 inc. 2250 x1 & Liberated Borg x1 | Romulan Char x1 | Klingon Char x1 | 23rd Century Char x1 | Dominion Char x1
    Favourite Starship: U.S.S. Relativity | Favourite Series: Star Trek Voyager, TOS and TNG | Lifetime Sub | Favourite Movies: Star Trek Generations, Star Trek Into Darkness
    YouTube | Wordpress | Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Terraria Project |
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    Instead of safe login, try normal. Also, if you have another PC in the house with STO installed that works as well. I haven't tried deleting the cache but I was told that works as well. Easiest thing though is simply to click that Beam Up icon to go to the home planet and not logout on the instanced Q's Wonderland maps. (:
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Same issue.

Will get out of Q's winter wonderland, but it's a pain since I only do stuff in the Winter wonderland at the moment. It will cost me two more map changes for each char, before log out and after log in.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I've been getting it elsewhere too, not just Q land
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Yup i posted on my facebook an image of the game client showing the message Game server not found. It does seem to happen mostly when i loggout from inside q land. so good idea to beam out after each run less time is used going back to q land then playing hide and Q with the game server.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    I've had it happen outside Q-Land also, and sometimes it takes up to three tries to get in when it does happen. I've tried using normal login and it didn't work, only works with safe login for me, sometimes even that takes two tries, but no more.

It's annoying, very annoying. I'm just glad it seems to be a random occurrence with me and not each and every time I login and not on each and every char I try to login with.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D