test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breen Rezreth Dreadnough Cruiser

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Ship looks like a crab to me

I disagree only slightly... the Sarr Theln looked more like a crab to me, this, however... this looks like a lobster; long body/tail, claws in front... Over the last couple years, though, it's got to be said that the Breen definitely seem to have had a noticable crustation thing going on with their 'revamped' ships...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    While I greatly dislike most of the Breen models for their senseless angles and poor scale, the ships themselves are good in play. The carrier in particular. This new cruiser dread isn't bad. I think I will add it to our royal and noble fleet. ;)

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • yourswordismineyourswordismine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    irm1963 wrote: »
    guljarol wrote: »
    It's so ugly that it's beautiful in its own way. Looks like a hand with claws. My Ferasan approves; he'll fly it. :)​​

Going by that second picture, I'll be calling mine Sovereign :)

Second picture looks like a claw... call it "Vecna". :3

We've been calling it the Lobster.

Frost Lobster

But sing it like the B52s....
    An articulate soul, trapped in an inarticulate shell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Frost Lobster

Been there, done that joke. :3
    But, it wasn't a ship... it was a FROOOOOSTT LOBSTAH!

FROST LOBSTAH!

• yourswordismineyourswordismine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Frost Lobster

FROST LOBSTAH!

And still worth doing... ;)
    An articulate soul, trapped in an inarticulate shell
    Frost Lobster

FROST LOBSTAH!

And still worth doing... ;)

Everyone sing along! :P

https://youtu.be/tDZy6-fMCw4
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    @tmassx

When did they have a Shadow Hyperion? I've seen the Shadow Omega, but never one of those before.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    @tmassx

When did they have a Shadow Hyperion? I've seen the Shadow Omega, but never one of those before.
    Maybe that:? http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Hybrid

Not sure since the wiki lacks a picture.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spc1spc1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We've been calling it the Lobster.
    It looks like scorpion...

• tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    null
    Surely you meant "Breen there, done that." ;)

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    null
    Surely you meant "Breen there, done that." ;)

Very punny. /grins
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Orbost-spiny-crayfish-in-defensive-stance.jpg

I remember from my childhood, in the deep south, these things would come walking down the dirt road we lived on. There was a small creek that ran through the woods behind my grandparents house that they would spawn from.

I never want to return to that road. These things are killers. One swipe of those jagged claws could take your head clean off. That's right. They pop human heads off like they were crayfish. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    thetanine wrote: »

I remember from my childhood, in the deep south, these things would come walking down the dirt road we lived on. There was a small creek that ran through the woods behind my grandparents house that they would spawn from.

I never want to return to that road. These things are killers. One swipe of those jagged claws could take your head clean off. That's right. They pop human heads off like they were crayfish. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​

Godless killing machines without souls, they are!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Ship looks like a crab to me

I disagree only slightly... the Sarr Theln looked more like a crab to me, this, however... this looks like a lobster; long body/tail, claws in front... Over the last couple years, though, it's got to be said that the Breen definitely seem to have had a noticable crustation thing going on with their 'revamped' ships...

Don't forget the Summer event Ferengi Nandi destroyer. It's most of the events that give out crustaceans now.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    thetanine wrote: »

they're tasty with melted butter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    Nadi:

Trilobite_Ordovicien_8127.jpg

Rezreth:

Macrocheira_kaempferi.jpg

Anniversary ship?

anomalocaris-500m-year-old-predator-1.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Awww... I was betting on something sciency for my KDF sci. :(

Isn't this sciencey-ish? No stats yet but the trait does have a distinctly blue-hue to it.

Both the Dreadnought Cruiser classification and the Rezreth [T6] Admiralty Ship indicate a heavy Engineering focus. That doesn't mean we can't port the console and Starship Trait over to a Sarr Theln (unless your didn't get it last year, didn't slot the project to take advantage of the "last chance" before it's gone forever, started playing after the last Winter Event was over or were away from STO at the time... etc.). Admittedly, the Sarr Theln is a Science Carrier rather than a proper Science Vessel, but for KDF/Rom characters it's about the strongest "off-Sci" you can obtain at T6 and it does have access to Intel/OSS.

[EDIT] As a suggestion for next year's Summer Event, though: Can we please get a third Risian ship? In this instance, a vessel designed to research interaction between normal space, subspace, underspace, and various phase states, as well as their effect on the behavior of transient spacial anomolies and overall stellar drift patterns (space weather :tongue:). A yellow submarine Science Vessel with a console to let it "dive" between these different layers of space and quantum states would fit the theme, though it would only be fun if you could run silent, run deep until you chose to disengage the console and "surface". Maybe "surfacing" could cause U to do 571 base Exotic Damage to nearby ships, say within 20,000 leagues? Come on, there are sooo many good/bad submarine jokes you could layer into that dev blog; it wouldn't need to be the sixth Federation Science Vessel released while the KDF/Roms are left waiting (Blue Submarine No. 6), or given to the KDF a couple weeks before Halloween as their long sought-after good endgame Science Vessel (The Hunt for Red October). Just imagine the potential!
    Starship Trait

Upon reaching level 5 in the Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser’s starship mastery, you will unlock the Enhanced Power Condensers Starship Trait. While this trait is slotted, using Power Siphon or Tachyon Beam will provide you with a boost to maximum power levels and provide a boost to maximum shield hit points for a short time.

Does "Power Siphon" refer to the Energy Siphon boff ability, the Breen 3-piece Space equipment set, Power Siphon Drones, or all abilities that siphon power from your enemy to yourself?
    I now feel the need to point out that the phrase "20,000 Leagues under the Sea" is not the depth Nemo's ship could descend to. That distance is actually greater than the distance to the Earth's core. The most common definition in English is that 1 league is 3 miles. Verne(who originally wrote the story in French) actually used it as 4km, which is consistent with the French version. The deepest part of the ocean is about 11km deep. Thus 1-2 leagues is actually deeper than most vessels CAN go. The title is apparently the distance traveled while under water.
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    I spot a pet in the upper right corner of the first image. So...hangar bay(s)?
    Nah, I made a copy so I could zoom in. It's a generic ship: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Alien_Cruiser It's also used as an Acamarian vessel.

Fun fact: the ship you see in the Forum BG is a Deferi cruiser: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Deferi_Cruiser

Oh fine, an 80,000 km radius might be a tad OP... and "nearby" might be slighty understating that radius.

:wink:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    @tmassx

Nah the Shadow Hybrid comes after the incorporation of Shadow tech on the special forces Omegas (Omega X) so they wouldn't have used the increasingly obsolete Hyperion as a test bed. The Shadow Hybrid was the one in Crusade... the one that disintegrated Matthew Gideon's ship (Cerberus), requiring him to be rescued by Galen in his TARDISTechnomage ship. We didn't get to see enough of it, but there is a picture on the wiki on the page for the EAS Cerberus: under the entry for EAS Cerberus:

You can clearly see it's unique and bears pretty much no resemblance to the Hyperion class.
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    So then the plesh Brek would be a robotic grabber claw similar to the plushie machines, the Chel Grett is a normal crustacian claw, the Sarr Theln is a shrimp, and the Rezreth is a lobster...

Does this mean we'll get a special paint scheme that can make the sides look red and the top look yellow...you know, like a BUTTERED LOBSTER
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
    @tmassx

Nah the Shadow Hybrid comes after the incorporation of Shadow tech on the special forces Omegas (Omega X) so they wouldn't have used the increasingly obsolete Hyperion as a test bed. The Shadow Hybrid was the one in Crusade... the one that disintegrated Matthew Gideon's ship (Cerberus), requiring him to be rescued by Galen in his TARDISTechnomage ship. We didn't get to see enough of it, but there is a picture on the wiki on the page for the EAS Cerberus: under the entry for EAS Cerberus:

You can clearly see it's unique and bears pretty much no resemblance to the Hyperion class.
    Oh it was a glitch in the formatting of the Shadow Hybrid page, I fixed it now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    Space Lobster! This game is becoming more Mass Effect all the time!
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    teknesia wrote: »
    Space Lobster! This game is becoming more Mass Effect all the time!

Yes please. I definitely want to fly the Destiny Ascension.

Now if it could only become more EVE.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Question for Devs. For new players, how will they be able to get frigate pets since they can not get the Breen Plesh Brek Raider starships anymore during the winter event? Have they or will they be added to the Lobi Store for new players to purchase?
  • starlight77#4540 starlight77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Every year for the winter event breen ships? Y
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    galatt wrote: »
    It looks like the Cygnus from "The Black Hole". That not a bad thing, I love that ship. This maybe the first winter ship I go after.

It's the first Breen ship I actually like, but like the others it's not gonna be mine because that stupid race is impossible. I've never once successfully completed one in three years playing this game.​​

I wouldn't call it impossible, but there is a technique required.

First step is knowing that the root keeping you from jumping the gun expires before the other racer starts to move. You can ALWAYS get a head start if you move as soon as you can. You need that head start, because unlike you the other racers don't slip.

Next, run on straightaways, slide before you get to a turn, and walk through the turn. The Breen almost caught up to me last night, but I got ahead of him and stayed there because he can't run on the straight as fast as I can.

Note that straight does not necessarily mean staying in the center of the path. Straight means the straightest possible line between one turn and another.

If you're about to slide too far, start jumping and it will stop the slide. Turning away from the direction of the slide while moving forward will slow you down so you can get control again. Ice works basically the same as the inertia slide some of the starships have.

When you get the hang of how far you can slide without going off the course, you can do the race even faster and slide around a turn. That takes some practice and you have to control your speed.

I use my mouse for movement control, holding down both buttons. If you're using wasd, your mileage may vary.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    B)
    Account unlock
    T6 with trait

Will there be a 2015 voucher buyback program next year ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    It looks like the Cygnus from "The Black Hole". That not a bad thing, I love that ship. This maybe the first winter ship I go after.

It's the first Breen ship I actually like, but like the others it's not gonna be mine because that stupid race is impossible. I've never once successfully completed one in three years playing this game.​​

First step is knowing that the root keeping you from jumping the gun expires before the other racer starts to move. You can ALWAYS get a head start if you move as soon as you can. You need that head start, because unlike you the other racers don't slip.

Next, run on straightaways, slide before you get to a turn, and walk through the turn. The Breen almost caught up to me last night, but I got ahead of him and stayed there because he can't run on the straight as fast as I can.

Note that straight does not necessarily mean staying in the center of the path. Straight means the straightest possible line between one turn and another.

If you're about to slide too far, start jumping and it will stop the slide. Turning away from the direction of the slide while moving forward will slow you down so you can get control again. Ice works basically the same as the inertia slide some of the starships have.

When you get the hang of how far you can slide without going off the course, you can do the race even faster and slide around a turn. That takes some practice and you have to control your speed.

I use my mouse for movement control, holding down both buttons. If you're using wasd, your mileage may vary.
    I have mastered drifting with WASD to the point where I can sometimes run almost the entire race. It does take skill and lack of lag, but it can be done.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    stobg2015 wrote: »

The race is not impossible at all jumping on a turn or roll and it will stop you sliding I do this on every toon whether they use frosted boots or not and I win every time. The headstart varies as due to glitches I managed to start the race when the breen has shouted 3 other times you can start at 1 but the headstart will always give you a good distance away from the opponent and then using the technique that stobg2015 and I have mentioned you should be able to get the ship or at least win the majority of the races to get the 2015 reward marks
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I like the look, and I'll probably like the stats too.

However I can never actually win the race that gets me the tokens or whatever that allows me to get the ship. I've never been able to get a Breen ship in all the years I play.

That is my same problem. Oh well, I will just save some more money for next time there is a ship sale. Thank you for the ship that I cant never get. At least when we had the Q event was an event that I was able to do. But never have been able to do the winter races. How come devs you can't figure out another way, for us who canT do the race, to earn tokens?

Sorry that race is so freaking easy. And theres a nice little thread posted how to win it every time!
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I like the look, and I'll probably like the stats too.

However I can never actually win the race that gets me the tokens or whatever that allows me to get the ship. I've never been able to get a Breen ship in all the years I play.

That is my same problem. Oh well, I will just save some more money for next time there is a ship sale. Thank you for the ship that I cant never get. At least when we had the Q event was an event that I was able to do. But never have been able to do the winter races. How come devs you can't figure out another way, for us who canT do the race, to earn tokens?

Sorry that race is so freaking easy. And theres a nice little thread posted how to win it every time!

Yup, and to prevent people asking, here's a link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1208491/rattlers-guide-to-fastest-game-on-ice/p1

There's a variety of techniques to complete the race. I believe anyone with a connection that can work for at least two minutes at a time can complete the races, no matter how clumsy (s)he is.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!