test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mindscape loop bug

kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
the mission is badly bugged mind scape keeps looping. ahem allow me to explain. Mindscape plays normally until ya beat the last objective and leave the map to get tour well deserved reward. thats where the bug kicks in insidead getting your rewards the god dang mission restarts from the very beginning. i get NOTHING! i done this two times and the bug repeats is anyone getting this bug seems to happen on Sovaan my caitain engi
any issues similar to mine?

Comments

• Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    You're not alone I have this bug too. Federation human captain at level 53. Main mission quest never updates so you can't complete this mission to hand in. Attempted 3 times no joy. Seems to be broken like pretty much everything else in this game at the moment since season 11.

You'll have to skip over it for now to move onto another mission.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    smoketh2 wrote: »
    You're not alone I have this bug too. Federation human captain at level 53. Main mission quest never updates so you can't complete this mission to hand in. Attempted 3 times no joy. Seems to be broken like pretty much everything else in this game at the moment since season 11.

You'll have to skip over it for now to move onto another mission.

ouch
    this need to be fixed plus the frame rate jumps

• Options
    neotomaunumneotomaunum Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Oh, joy. So besides the hour wasted, it seems there is no prospect of a fix for this?
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    I've run thought it again earlier on my main, and other than a combat horta getting stuck in the floor on Cooper's bio ship everything went smoothly enough. But I've done it as a rerun. I'll run though it on first run basis tomorrow morning on an alt that's not done it before and see if that makes a difference. (personally I'm hoping it will)​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    One thing I learned long ago(back when the Jemhadar FEs were still new), is that you do NOT need to leave the mission to hand it in. Once you have completed the final objective you can turn it in. You will usually hear a "bing" sort of noise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    I've run no end of missions as a first time through lately for various characters and have yet to have this happen, so its really hard to understand what could be causing it.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Edit - Was able to complete mission after dropping and hailing again. Makes no sense to me, but there you have it. I heard of this long ago, but I never used it unless the mission was obviously bugged. It was bugged, but you had to look at the mission tracker closely. The major bullet next to the mission title never progressed, even though the minor ones worked all the way to the end.

Mindscape failing to complete has happened to me twice on 3 toons this weekend. I suspect it has to do with the final sequence in the undine cooper ship. The first time I escaped past the cutscene, and the second I had died and could not respawn before the final cutscene. It is not just loosing progress, it is as if nothing ever happened. All mission progress is lost. It is really frustrating because this mission has many map changes and some tough opponents. I intend to skip my way to kobali now. As the first mission in the delta arc it would be good to fix it before players players give up on the arc.
    Post edited by birkep on