test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gamebreaking Bug in federation tutorial

alistasyaalistasya Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hello :) I'm new to the game and to the forums and it's a pity my first topic must be about bug...
I have searched for this problem and found only one thread which was really about it, though it wasn't of any help. (And here was another bug report about federation tutorial, but it involved borgs, so it's another case)

So. To cut it short, it's impossible for me to finish federation tutorial because I'm stuck at the Klingon attack sequence. I go to the armory, get the rifle... And that's it. My companions just stand there, not moving and klingons are locked in the teleporter room without them going out. No matter what I do, I can't change it.

I tried re-logging and I have deleted and created new toon. It's all same. Anyone knows the solution? Because if there isn't any, I will just have to quit the game and uninstall it.

I'm Star Trek fan, but I just don't have it in me to play Romulans or Klingons and I always choose human race in my RPGs, so trying different tutorial with other races is not an option for me.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    waywardwandererwaywardwanderer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If I recall, that moment is part of the tutorial pop-up sequence. Once you take the rifle you then have to open your character screen and equip the rifle in your second weapon slot. You then switch to the rifle with the switch weapon button on the powers tray (or the z key, by default.) That triggers the next sequence.

(If you are getting the tutorial pop-up windows, make sure to click through each one until they stop.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    If I recall, that moment is part of the tutorial pop-up sequence. Once you take the rifle you then have to open your character screen and equip the rifle in your second weapon slot. You then switch to the rifle with the switch weapon button on the powers tray (or the z key, by default.) That triggers the next sequence.

(If you are getting the tutorial pop-up windows, make sure to click through each one until they stop.)

That and tell the security guards what to do.

• Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    When I made a new char I skipped the "tutorial" part in the armory. It appears if you skip the dialog when the game tries to teach you how to actually equip the rifle, the mission hangs.

Simply wait for the game and let it take you through the steps of equipping your weapon like you were a noob. It works then.

If you click away the dialog thingy that tries to help you, the mission just hangs.
  • Options
    waywardwanderer - I have done all that, equipped the weapon and switched it with z. But the quest didn't trigger anyway :/

sov42 - I can not tell them anything, they just stand there, doing nothing, without dialogue options.

kate370 - I am pretty sure I did all that, because I AM a NOOB (not IF) :D Though only explanation might be that having experience with other games, I might double click the rifle before I was told to do so. Will try again now. If that won't help as well, I am doomed (and so is humanity, because I am pretty sure, no one can stop borgs except me)

Anyway, thank you all for help :)
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I encountered this bug, nothing worked for me but starting a char from the beginning. I don't remember the details.

Maybe you were a bit abscent minded or very tired (or possibly even a bit away from time to time maybe), did some things too fast or too slow, unsure, so some time sensitive things happened so that the game "thinks" something was done fully while it was only partially done by other game aspect, and not allowing you to continue (or to restart the problematic part) as you didn't finish something which game didn't let you encountered maybe (yes, it's a bug in the game as I see it) and it's too late to fix.

Sorry if it's not a real support post and if I didn't give any details, but I wanted to let you know it's a real bug/issue which should not in my opinion happen in newbie tutorial, which had caused me to restart the tutorial twice (yes I was that tired then) if I recalled correctly until I did things right. Including interaction with the NPC(s) after the 2 stages of weapon/armory part IIRC, and including the fight after. As said, some things around that area are very time/stage sensitive, it seems. (and yes, it might be you are too fast sometimes in this tutorial, and/or possibly too slow in another part. I don't know exactly. I do know it took me 3 times recently to start a character and that it was not my 1st char (an issue I newly encountered). Be careful not to overlook things.)

P.S.
    Just noticed - maybe Kate370 has found the issue or a part of it. Along with waywardwanderer.

However once the issue was triggered you can't fix it AFAIK. Maybe moving over it too fast, even while reading it (not closing), without waiting for thing to occur possibly, is a factor. Sorry, as said I don't know but I do know the issue is near/inside that room, and that talk with a NPC outside later and fight near 2 friendly NPC with Klingons, or any similar scenario, will not be triggered, (the friendly NPC will not be there I think) so you are blocked.
  • Options
    rndflactuation - Any support is welcome :) So, thank you. I don't know, I think I did everything correctly, but will try one more time later, as I really enjoy Star Trek franchise.
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    Maybe this video helps. The part of the tutorial you´re in starts at 23:07.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCJQm6ZiCDI
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Having just run through the tutoral again to create my Event mule toon I can safely say that many issues are down to the quest objective circle size. With the circles being too big the objective is given while you are in it so to be able to do the task you have to run out of the circle and re-enter it to trigger the objective dialogs. Far too many missions suffer from this with the circles being the wrong size or the wrong altitude and not just the tutorial ones.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    dirlettia - Thanks for your input. I don't think it has something to do with quest circle though, because it already disappeared as if the game recorded that I have already DONE that part of mission. The problem is, new waypoints aren't given and companions refuse to take orders or go out of room.

It happened on my 3rd play as well, but I made a mistake and equipped my weapon with double click, maybe, the game to function properly I need to do everything exactly as it is in tutorial and equip the rifle by dragging, waiting all the dialogue boxes first. That's the only solution I can think of. Will try it and will inform if that works :)
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    Good luck :) I am not going to open a char soon (let alone fed) so can't check too.
    I hope it works for you!
  • Options
    rndflactuation - It did ^_^
    chemistryset - Thanks for the video :)

Thank you everyone. The problem is solved.

It seems that you need to wait all the dialogues to pop-up and play, then manually drag the riffle to equip it and close the inventory. And it works then. Your allies go to the hall where you follow, talk to them, and you know the rest.

Hope this thread will help any other noob that might stuck on this quest.
  • Options
    koebmand#5719 koebmand Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    STO bug in in Tutorial, unable to progress past armory.

What seems to happen is this:

You run to the armory and open it, without triggering the wave and tell you to open it of the guy outside.

To avoid this I am guessing you need to run past the armory and make sure he triggers before you approach and open the door (untested).

To fix it once you have bugged yourself.

1: Discard your rifle (right click it).
    2: ESC -> Change Character
    3: Log in same character again.
    4: Run past the armory and trigger his waving.
    5: Follow him into the armory - he should be having a few comments.
    6: The 2 guys should now leave the armory and you can talk to them outside.

(no, you don't get a new rifle)
  • Options
    koebmand - Just waiting tutorial dialogue to end itself solved it for me too.
  • Options
    tshara#6548 tshara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My Federation character is also stuck in the Klingon attack tutorial. Meanwhile, my Romulan character is also stuck shooting giant insects on a farm with no way out. Not what I was hoping for. I'll keep trying ways around the glitches, but so far no success.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,619 Arc User
    tshara, first you are necroing a thread. Second, this thread is about the Federation tutorial and not the Romulan one. Instead create a new thread for your issue. Also, file a support ticket. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.