test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [November 24th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Greetings Captains!

We will be having our weekly scheduled maintenance tomorrow today 11/24 at 6AM PDT for 3 1/2 hours. I'll be posting up patch notes as soon as I get into the office, as this was scheduled after I had left. In the mean time, I will post them here.

General:
  • Stormbound:
  • Resolved an issue which would block progression if the player destroyed the Tholian ships too quickly when helping Kal Dano.
  • Added small spots of missing VO.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing deprecated Embassy Projects to appear in the available projects list named #9 and #10.

Foundry:
  • Foundry functions are now available.
  • Lowered the required level for Heralds and Iconians from 60 to 56.
  • Added Mirror Universe versions of several existing NPCs.

Known Issues:
  • There are some missing spots of VO in Stormbound.
  • The fire tornado in the Badlands Battlezone has incorrect FX when defeated.

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Foundry:
    Foundry functions are now available.
    does this mean the editor is back but reviews are still turned off like normal?
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    Good and thanks for all you guys do.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    Does foundry back mean you'll finally decide(or whom ever does decide) if my submited foundry mission will be featured or returned to normal play soon?
    also does maintenance on holodeck mean tribble and neverwinter and champs are all maintenancing at one time? if not can we work on a way that the other games can still be played during sto's maintenance?
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    so i have to ask now after reading those patch notes..... are you actually still recording the VO work for Stormbound after its released... cause that's what it looks like here from adding missing VO and STILL having missing VO work XD
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm still not sure how to defeat the fire tornado... lol.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @pwlaughingtrendy are these the complete patch notes? You said you'd be posting them when you got in? So is this just some of them or is this the complete list?
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    Ok but it's Tuesday, we have two scheduled maintenance days a week now or...? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    Ok but it's Tuesday, we have two scheduled maintenance days a week now or...? O.o

Thursday is Holiday in U.S. (where the Devs are).
    There is a better than normal chance that they will NOT be working Thursday.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    rjewkes wrote: »
    also does maintenance on holodeck mean tribble and neverwinter and champs are all maintenancing at one time? if not can we work on a way that the other games can still be played during sto's maintenance?

@rjewkes Neverwinter is down and I assume CO too as this takes the place of Thursday's maintenance, Thursday being Thanksgiving in the US and all. Don't know about tribble.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Considering all the current problems, these notes are rather disappointing.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    @pwlaughingtrendy are these the complete patch notes? You said you'd be posting them when you got in? So is this just some of them or is this the complete list?
    Complete list.
  • Options
    sov42 wrote: »

giphy.gif
    Maintenance on Thursdays mean a week of developers between maintenance.
    A maintenance appearing on a Tuesday means two days of developers between maintenance.
  • Options
    It's mornings like this I'm pretty thankful I wake up at 6am naturally.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User

giphy.gif
    A maintenance appearing on a Tuesday means two days of developers between maintenance.

Developers doing what? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    torshianatorshiana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, I was wondering about the end date for the Mirror Invasion event - previously you had said it would end when the maintenance began on the 26th November, has that end date been revised now if the maintenance has happened today? I'm still a couple short of the 14 with two days left till the 26th, so as you can imagine a little bit either side would be critical for me and other players in the same situation! An extension would be critically amazing though...
  • Options

Why, developing of course!
  • Options
    zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User

giphy.gif

Herding tribbles don't you know. Those tribbles just keep on multiplying like genetically enhanced dinosaurs or something....
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Ok but it's Tuesday, we have two scheduled maintenance days a week now or...?

*Grumble grumble grumble.*

Its the US holiday of thanksgiving later this week, which likely means that the Cryptic offices will be closed on Thursday/Friday. Its not unreasonable to have downtime a day or two early as a result.

There are also a couple of fixes mentioned in the notes, and probably m ore in the pipeline, so they have not been idle

I for one thank Trendy for waking up early and putting these notes up in her own time.

yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,522 Arc User

So are we... :)

But in all actuality, I see a lot of gratitude for you in these forums. You do a wonderful job and most, if not all, of us recognize that...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    So are we still having a Thursday update as an automated one to add the new carrier and update the Featured mission?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer

giphy.gif

. . . developing . . .
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2015
    grtiggy wrote: »
    so i have to ask now after reading those patch notes..... are you actually still recording the VO work for Stormbound after its released... cause that's what it looks like here from adding missing VO and STILL having missing VO work XD

The note does not say "Recorded." It says "added." This is likely some small snippet that was recorded, but failed to get hooked up properly.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

giphy.gif

. . . developing . . .

They still work in dark rooms?, you know... developing?
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    . . . developing . . .

Lies! pig-26.gif

pig-49.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User

giphy.gif

Indeed, No fix for loading ESD and DS9 long wait times, or double loading screens?

Buy hey, I'm grateful for whatever fixes you make, I'll just have to decide for myself how long I'm willing to wait for ESD or DS9 to load before I give up.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    No mention of fix for the graphical issues with the Kar'fi and Breen Plesh Raiders. They don't render or not complete or badly. They are ghost ships atm.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

Right you are. The early raptor catches... the cow. :#
  • Options
    tomoyosakagami1tomoyosakagami1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    The tornadoes in the Badlands can damage you?
  • Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The tornadoes in the Badlands can damage you?

lol are they supposed to? because i get hit by them and fly through them all the time and nothing ever happens to me XD

I always thought it was odd that a giant fire tornado would not damage my ship at all. And I didn't know you could "defeat" acts of nature/science LOL
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User

giphy.gif

Uh huh, understandable, but what's the excuse for the rest of time?

I don't mean to be snarky and I don't want to sass you right before thanksgiving, but... honestly, cryptic staff have a bad habit of coming off as lazy, unprofessional, and somewhat rude, if not condescending. The game itself is getting worse for it. Maybe it's PWE putting pressure on you guys for whatever reason, I don't know, but, there's a lot of room for improvement.

Hell, you guys have even had a staff member leaking how to replicate a bug (that caused huge FPS/lag problems on ground maps to the point of crashing the game) on their twitter page, thinking it was funny. In the end, they had the gall to get annoyed when we complained that they made the problem worse by doing so. Real professional... /sarcasm

So, I can't say it's reasonable to expect us to have a whole lot of sympathy or patience at this point. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but it leaves much to be desired in the quality control department.

Say what you will, but, I think it's a very valid viewpoint.
This discussion has been closed.