test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Player starship invisible (unplayable) in "Sunrise" after 11/19 patch

pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
I attempted to replay "Sunrise" with one of my characters after the patch today and now my ship is "invisible" during the second stage of the mission (when you have to navigate the asteroid field/nebula with your shields and sensors partially disabled). I can't see my ship to navigate correctly and the sensor scan graphic (when I press "V") is likewise invisible so I cannot locate the interaction points to advance the mission.

The mission is now unplayable and I cannot earn the mission rewards.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• Options
    darquesanddarquesand Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I have the same issue. Help please.
  • Options
    angryantzliveangryantzlive Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    try open ship screen (U) then switch ship (button on bottom left) to a different ship, fixes problem. YOu will need to wait a minute to switch back to your original ship
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    try open ship screen (U) then switch ship (button on bottom left) to a different ship, fixes problem. YOu will need to wait a minute to switch back to your original ship

I only played the episode once so far, to get the weekly reward, but I didn't have any problems with this episode at all.

However, I have seen others suggest the workaround is to change your active starship then switch back.

To be precise of what you said, open the character status window ('U' key by default), click on your currently active ship on the left under your character, then the 'Switch Ship' button at the bottom below your boffs. The switch ship button doesn't show up unless you select your active ship (where you can see its equipment on the right side of the window). If you're in your shuttle you'll need to click it to get the switch ship button to appear. You can only switch your ship this way while in sector space, but it allows you to switch to any starship or shuttle/small craft you have in your active roster. And you do have to wait a minute to switch ships again. Ships in dry dock can't be switched to, as far as I know.
  • Options
    screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It's broken for me as well. Trying to complete the Nebula part of the mission and NO SHIP and can't even find out where to go cause scanning shows NOTHING when trying to do scans! I thought this was FIXED almost 2 weeks ago! I've even tried the switch main ship and wait 1 min to switch back and STILL broken. Please fix this issue, I want to complete this mission, but can't because of things broken like this.

***Edit*** I talked to someone in game by the name of @anatius, and he told me to type "/demorecord" to get the ship to show and just type after your ship shows "/demorecordstop" and you can get to continue the mission normally. Hope this helps.
    Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Go to the change character screen and choose the same character you were playing the mission on. You will go back to that part of the mission and your ship will be visible.

Credit to @nebfab.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User

***Edit*** I talked to someone in game by the name of @anatius, and he told me to type "/demorecord" to get the ship to show and just type after your ship shows "/demorecordstop" and you can get to continue the mission normally. Hope this helps.

This is the best solution I've seen here in the forums. It works and is better than being forced to back out to the change character screen, go back in, switch ships, and resume the mission.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It's broken for me as well. Trying to complete the Nebula part of the mission and NO SHIP and can't even find out where to go cause scanning shows NOTHING when trying to do scans! I thought this was FIXED almost 2 weeks ago! I've even tried the switch main ship and wait 1 min to switch back and STILL broken. Please fix this issue, I want to complete this mission, but can't because of things broken like this.

great solution thanks for posting vQTD03D.png​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015