test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can not reclaim Type 10 shuttle from DS9 pack.

batlham73batlham73 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Noticed this wasn't in bug reports.

I couldn't reclaim my shuttle...
So after reading the forums I saw that the weapons were preventing it and likely the doffs as well.
I deleted the weapons, doffs, and didn't have the pet (deleted that long ago).
I still can not reclaim the shuttle...now I can't reclaim the weapons or doffs...
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

p.s. yes I sent a ticket....and waiting for my non-informative form letter.

Comments

• onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Yeah I'm seeing this as well. It would be really nice if they could re-configure the pack to be like all the newer bundles so that you can reclaim just the parts you don't currently have. I'd also like to get back my Type 10 Shuttle for Admiralty...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Yup, tried to claim it again, not working.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    Have you tried claiming it from the ship vendor at spacedock instead of the C-Store? I was able to do that.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    That's quite odd, because I'm looking at the Starship Requisitions vendor right now and I don't see the Type 10 shuttle there. It was the first place I looked when I couldn't reclaim the DS9 pack.
    That's quite odd, because I'm looking at the Starship Requisitions vendor right now and I don't see the Type 10 shuttle there. It was the first place I looked when I couldn't reclaim the DS9 pack.

Same here. STO wiki says it should be available there, but it isn't.
  • macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Howdu folks... here is a possible solution re this issue for you: I was recently made aware of a simular bug that was caused by having the overload bag on my inventory full. This will prevent requisition of ships until overload is emptied.
    Hope this info helps.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Additionally this type 10 shuttle is common quality. If it's a c-store item then is it should be at least rare quality?
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    While we have not resolved this issue, we believe we have found the cause of the problem. We have notified our development team for further investigation, and will update this ticket as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

same problem this was the last respond to me
    Post edited by garaks31 on
    edited November 2015
    Howdu folks... here is a possible solution re this issue for you: I was recently made aware of a simular bug that was caused by having the overload bag on my inventory full. This will prevent requisition of ships until overload is emptied.
    Hope this info helps.

This isn't the issue. I'm not even seeing the Type 10 shuttle in the ship vendor. Not to mention that I've been able to requisition a dozen ships since the admiralty system went live without any problems.

Hopefully the devs have figured out the bug though, I'm eager to get another shuttle for those juicy admiralty missions.
  • batlham73batlham73 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    While we have not resolved this issue, we believe we have found the cause of the problem. We have notified our development team for further investigation, and will update this ticket as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

https://support.arcgames.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/2862987

Your link just returns
    Permission Denied
    An illegal parameter was received.
    I don't have any of the items from the pack in inventory or overflow bag.
    Funny enough its only effecting some of my characters.
    On one character I can reclaim it even though I have the shuttle in my ship slots, have the guns in Boffs, and have the pet in bank. However, its the characters that don't currently have the shuttle in ship slots thats the issue.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I just ran into this problem with my Liberated Borg Romulan delta recruit. He is allied with Fed and I wanted the type 10 shuttle for admirality but the bundle won't let me claim it, even after discarding the bajoran weapons. The bundle in the c-store insists I already have this item in my inventory. I checked the bank and my overflow bag is empty (I did have the class F and yellowstone non-combat pets in there). I'm not going to bother dismissing the duty officers since I've seen reports that that doesn't fix it.

Lo'thar@monkeybone13
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    This bug actually plagues a large number of items, introduced sometime around DR. Apparently at some point, a check for the existence of an item was replaced by some kind of flag. The behavior can be reproduced and observed using the following steps:
    1. Claim the DS9 pack (or any similar item, such as, say, the Emergency Hologram Doffs from the Replicator)
    2. Lose the item in an unaccounted for manner. For the DS9 pack, upgrading one of the Bajoran weapons will do the job. For a doff, losing it in a doff job will have the same effect.
    3. You now no longer have the item, but the pack will still register as you having the item.

It gets weirder. Take off and go to space. You can now claim the item again, while in space. If you land on the ground and then discard the item normally, your ability to reclaim the affected item on the ground will be restored...but you will have transferred the problem into space. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with the presence or lack of Overflow Bag materiel. You can reproduce, and, variably, work around it, using the above...just don't break it in two places at once.

Items known to be affected by this kind of behavior include:
    1. DS9 Pack Items and DOffs
    2. Replicator-produced Emergency Hologram doffs.
    3. Veteran Androids

If you claim an item and discard it in a different venue (Space vs. Ground), you could break the item's reclaimability. Additionally, some methods of losing the item are not properly tracked, including:
    1. Loss of a doff on a doff mission.
    2. Conversion of an item to a dynamic item via the upgrade system.

Strangely enough, tried claiming the DS9 bundle in Sol System and it worked.
    edited November 2015
    Strangely enough, tried claiming the DS9 bundle in Sol System and it worked.

Holy moly!!! That worked. I went to sol system and bam...was able to reclaim it. I am a happy camper :D
    Post edited by batlham73 on
  • luitenantkolonelluitenantkolonel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i cannot claim on my newly created toon tried creating another same problem

please fix this cryptic

please fix this cryptic

Try claiming it in system space. I was able claim it in Sol the other day.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

please fix this cryptic

If it's too "newly-created" as in under level 11, or Romulan at any level that hasn't chosen an ally, you won't be able to claim it. You have to unlock the duty officer system to claim the pack, since it contains duty officers.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.