test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Featured Episode: Stormbound

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
There's a storm on the horizon Captains. We're happy to announce our newest Featured Episode coming this Thursday entitled "Stormbound"

Check out our latest Featured Episode here, a preview of what's on the horizon.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Comments

• Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    Again with the time travel? It's becoming a crutch.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The link went to the forum thread rather than a blog post for me? Is my phone acting up or is the link glitched?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    timelord79 wrote: »

I agree. Only time lords should dabble in moving through time on a regular basis, flying around in a bigger on the inside ship as small outside as a phone booth.

Maybe this can be a short lived temporal cold war? 4 epiodes max?
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Starting the same time as Q's?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Is this the first time we actually had to wait for another feature episode in like, a long time?

Not sure about the timing since if it is another couple weeks, winter event will be popping up too, time to get our winter hats again.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Not a big fan of the time travel, but if it's to the ENT era I'll be happy. Please not TOS again.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    I suspect when that story concludes we will end up hiding the Tox Uthat on Risa in the deep past where it will eventually be found by Picard and Vash.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    nercophagousnercophagous Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I don't like the look of this new Doctor and I hate what he has done to the T.A.R.D.I.S
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    "It's astounding. Time is fleet-ing. Madness...takes its toll....

I remember, doing the time warp..."

Because every story in STO seems to be about time as of late.

It appears to me that this might be because of limitations in the engine. When missions ate designed there are limits in how interaction flow. Stories are basically just dialogue windows that move us in a single direction from beginning to combat and out again. It's easy to use time travel as a crutch to fill in complicated gaps the game engine can't easily address.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    It was nice of Kal to break the fourth wall at the end. :p
  • Options
    bawdytieflingbawdytiefling Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »

I have to agree. Without a doubt, the artwork being produced for these new episodes is absolutely fantastic, but the story is lacking. The Temporal Cold War arc on "Enterprise" was just awful IMO. There is a reason that show got cancelled.... please, no more time travel. Is this Star Trek Online or Doctor Who Online?​​

Ooh, Doctor Who Online. Boy, if he ever finds Gallifrey, that game should be a thing.

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Sorry about the forum link folks. Should be fixed.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Time travel has been a part of Star Trek since the beginning. Kirk has time travelled several times. The ship went back in time in the episode The Naked Time after cold starting the engines, in Tomorrow is Yesterday by pulling away from a black star, the Guardian of Forever time travelled Kirk in City On the edge of Forever, they went back in time in Assignment Earth and again in All our Yesterdays via the atavachron.
    there are 12 episodes of TNG that feature time travel. 11 from DS9. 12 from Voyager. 10 from Enterprise.
    In the movies they time travelled in Voyage Home, Generations, First Contact (and time travel was featured in the reboot).

Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Remember the Enterprise episode where they find the guy in the capsule and the Tholians want the little ship that was bigger on the inside? I wonder if this is linked to that? If I recall, the DNA from the shriveled up mummy they found contained several different races. Maybe this Kal Dano becomes the shriveled up mummy? In his attempt to hide the device, he gets caught and dies. Or maybe that was his plan. But somehow Captain Archer found the little ship. Well, if it is a continuation of that story line, at least it's connected to one of the series.

Tholian transmission: skreeechh...zzzztl...skreeee...give us the vessel...
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    My prediction...
    It's all going to culminate on RISA for next years 50th Anniversary and the Summer Event.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Remember the Enterprise episode where they find the guy in the capsule and the Tholians want the little ship that was bigger on the inside? I wonder if this is linked to that? If I recall, the DNA from the shriveled up mummy they found contained several different races. Maybe this Kal Dano becomes the shriveled up mummy? In his attempt to hide the device, he gets caught and dies. Or maybe that was his plan. But somehow Captain Archer found the little ship. Well, if it is a continuation of that story line, at least it's connected to one of the series.

Well, there was no reference to Terrellian or Rigelian DNA in Sunrise, but... to be honest, this makes sense. Somehow, in the next episode or two, Kal Dano will die and the Tox Uthat will be hidden on Risa - by him, by us, or both. Two birds with one stone.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »

Well, there was no reference to Terrellian or Rigelian DNA in Sunrise, but... to be honest, this makes sense. Somehow, in the next episode or two, Kal Dano will die and the Tox Uthat will be hidden on Risa - by him, by us, or both. Two birds with one stone.

According to Memory Alpha, Kal Dano hides it on Risa. I'd call that pretty solid verification. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »

I agree. Only time lords should dabble in moving through time on a regular basis, flying around in a bigger on the inside ship as small outside as a phone booth.

Maybe this can be a short lived temporal cold war? 4 epiodes max?

Considering we had 31st century agents involved in the cold war...I'd say we still have 600 years to go at least.
  • Options
    thelittlestguythelittlestguy Member Posts: 1 Arc User

5JXojHK.jpg?1

Look familiar?

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    dalolorn wrote: »

According to Memory Alpha, Kal Dano hides it on Risa. I'd call that pretty solid verification. :)

Oooh, nice. According to TNG, he goes back to NX-Enterprise times to do it, so maybe we get to meet someone from ENT.
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    The main issue with the "Temporal Cold War" in Enterprise was the writing wasn't exactly spectacular and it wasn't utilised to it's full potential. Cryptic has a mixed track record with it's story writing but if done right it could actually be quite a cool arc to play through. Although the Iconian War had it's ups and downs I think we can agree it was the most "complete" story we've had yet with a lot of loose ends tied up to my satisfaction.

Give it your best shot Cryptic, I for one really enjoyed Sunrise. Plus, time travel is a great way to go back to earlier Star Trek eras and do cool stuff. TOS? TNG? YES PLEASE!
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Can we have a series in which the episodes don't relate to one another? Like a series of Star Trek?
    I.E.

Episode 1: Breen/Defera
    Episode 2: APU
    Episode 3: Talarians
    Episode 4: Sword of Kahless (T'Ket's new left arm.)
    Episode 5: Captain Proton!!!
    Episode 6: Gorn
    Episode 7: Voth
    Episode 8: Q

We've got three quadrants full of systems ... pick some of the "minor" races and tell a story with them.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User

5JXojHK.jpg?1

Look familiar?

Holy ****. Good find, and yeah... I'd say we have a pretty good idea how this ends. Will end. Ended.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    hfmudd wrote: »

5JXojHK.jpg?1

Look familiar?

Holy ****. Good find, and yeah... I'd say we have a pretty good idea how this ends. Will end. Ended.

Oh gosh I knew this was feeling familiar....

Maybe they can finally work a way for us to have the Enterprise MACO uniforms that are already coded in-game hiding behind some silly reasoning.. like as a final reward from all the episodes...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The ability to fit a full sized ship's layout into a tiny shuttle would be an amazing final reward.
    We don't even necessarily need Kal's ship as a new T6;(though that would be great, and might breathe some life back into the shuttle PVE queues), just let us use it (or some other small craft) as a new costume for a ship!
    Or alternatively just some 'scale down' button, that just shrinks the graphics themselves, so you're not zoomed 8km away unable to see enemy shuttles just to have your cruiser not take the entire screen
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I actually liked the Temporal Cold War storyline on Enterprise. The part that I didn't like is that it was never properly concluded. Yeah they technically ended it with the Storm Front storyline, but it wasn't very satisfying. The Producers said that the Tholians would be a major faction in the war and then they only appeared the one time and that was lame. We never learned who Future Guy was either, although I know the writers said that it was going to be a future Johnathan Archer or something like that. STO doesn't have to do that if they don't want to though.

Either way I like that they are going back and tying all these little time travel stories together. I don't have a problem with that.