test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Assimilated 4 - Piece set. IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

So we all know that the borg set while decent doesn't compare to the newer gear coming out (personally I love the borg set) but it needs a warp core and the build for 1 is simple from what we know of the borg.
1. Borg are about effeciency so the EPS Stat needs to be the highest of all warp cores as a given.
2. Give it a power that will make people want to use it personally I think a flat 0-10 boost to 1 or more subsystems based on hull strength 0%-100% in increments of 10% for scaling would be a desirable power for an Assimilated Warp/Singularity Core.
3. Buff a few of the borg set bonuses. The Autonomous Regeneration Sequencer is fine with the passive healing and the actual skill itself ( plus combined with Ablative Shell and Hull Nanites you can tank with the best of em passively) but the Assimilated Tractor beam and the Multi Regenerative Shield Array need a serious buff.
4. 3 piece gives you the shield perk 4 piece gives you the tractor beam but that tractor beam needs to be ramped up to 11. It's a pathetic excuse in the current meta but when it came out it gave ships a weaker tractor beam on ships that otherwise couldn't afford to slot one.

It's not that hard cryptic and frankly I love borging it up but you need to bring the old sets up to par.
tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

Comments

• Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Also to avoid the question of what I mean by ramping up the Assimilated Tractor beam it needs to be the thing we would fear by changing it's power drain to something like disable 1 random subsystem for 1 second each second for 10 seconds (disabled time cannot be reduced) increase its damage and hold immensely and ramp up the crew damage and add a physical damage over time effect if the enemy was hit by the cutting beam.
    It may seem like overkill to give it that much but if we are gonna want to use a 2 min cd tractor beam.it needs to be the ultimate to be feared tractor beam

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Any time someone who hasn't coded for an MMO says, about coding an MMO, "It isn't that hard," @tacofangs kills a fluffy kitten.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I use the 3 piece for the Multi-Regenerative Shield Array bonus. The tractor beam is just an extra. Though it does seem pretty effective to me. I've believed for almost 3 years now in a shield regen build for defense. The Kobali set comes close but I still feel that nothing compares to the assimilated set. If I fully equip all the regen buffs traits and whistles I can fly through 10 spheres and not lose shields for more than a fraction of a second.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm talking more from a design standpoint not necessarily a coding point of view. Granted anything requires time to add or change in a game but just leaving it on a back burner saying oh well I don't wanna put in the work seems a sorry excuse no?
    Sidenote: rereading this comes off a bit...snarky...not my intention I merely mean this as a point that there are a lot of things that need reworking and they seemed to be passed off as a nuisance to be ignored or.just swept under the rug by the devs.

• Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    uhhh... that 3-piece set you're complaining about /used/ to be a 4-piece. It included the Assimilated Module back when it was a reward for the old Borg arc.

That piece is now part of an ordinance set...

The devs have said before that going back to add warp cores would be nice, but with so many people "demanding" new content all the time it's just not important enough at this point. If you want a better warp core you can always "invest" your time in building the funds for one of the Tal Shiar ships, they come with a Borg Warp Core that many say surpasses most of the ones available. What's so hard about that?​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    It's old news...how often does Cryptic go back and improve old items? The Breen set could use a buff but they didn't do that even after they added a Warp Core to the set.

I'd like to see a decent warp core for several of the older set, but like I said the old sets are old news...to busy working on the next power creep leap to be worried about something old.
  • Options
    I have the tal shiar ships that core is exclusive to those ships also the warp core I have atm is fine I'm just saying I'd rather have the devs start working on revamping what we have than constantly adding more make the old more and more useless. Don't even get me started on how bad we need a skill and weapon revamp

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »
    Any time someone who hasn't coded for an MMO says, about coding an MMO, "It isn't that hard," @tacofangs kills a fluffy kitten.
    More specifically: Kitten > enchilada > full Taco
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    Kitten > enchilada > full Taco..................roflmfao​​
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

It ain't broke.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,870 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I'm talking more from a design standpoint not necessarily a coding point of view. Granted anything requires time to add or change in a game but just leaving it on a back burner saying oh well I don't wanna put in the work seems a sorry excuse no?

Par for me is using 2 or 3 pieces of a set and a fleet warp core. The 4th set bonus is generally coming at some sort of compromise, which makes it a build choice rather than a necessity.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I could've sworn I saw a dev post to these forums, that indeed Warpcores were in the works for sets that lack one.
    Think I heard that around last winter Wonderland event.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Are people forgetting that the KCB gets massive DPS increases when fired on a target that's trapped in that "set tractor beam"?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Don't mess with my beloved Borg set. If you want different features, you want a different set.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,870 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I could've sworn I saw a dev post to these forums, that indeed Warpcores were in the works for sets that lack one.
    Think I heard that around last winter Wonderland event.
    The only thing I've seen from a dev is [to paraphrase] that they are considering new warp cores for old sets (which stretches back to the original introduction of warp cores in STO). I don't think any definite plans have ever been specified.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!