test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is Herald Vonph?

I look over Exchange and can't find any.
I see Herald Baltim and Quas but no Vonph...

Is this lockbox ship bound to character on pickup?

Comments

• Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    You won't find any on the exchange, the exchange's max EC value is 500,000,000 (500 Million), the Vonph is being traded for near the in game per character max of 1,000,000,000 (1 Billion) EC.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Well considering the trait and stats people could very well only be willing to sell it for over 500 million EC or so far it's very rare and no one wants to sell.
  • Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    The Exchange has an upper price limit of 500M EC. This ship is trading for well north of that, so it's not listed on the Exchange. Join a channel like TheTradingChannel or CommerceChannel and people will be selling them.

Hold on to your hat when you hear the price.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I shook down all my characters and sold off tons of things to be able to buy a Vonph. I paid dearly for it but hearing them going for 900m EC yesterday? Goodness... The Premium Ship thing is out of hand. I know many players in this game that can't put together 100k EC in a week from fleet mates alone.

The Vonph is not the first ship to go for a stupidly high amount of EC for its time. It won't be the last. The first one to really break that barrier and do it for so long was the old JHAS from years ago.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    xiesha911xiesha911 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Wait a second... Is this ship will be removed from lockbox after some time? "Limited time" ship?
  • Options
    xiesha911xiesha911 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Ok... i see, people are selling a lockbox ship for 1bill...
    Well, considering the 1/3 chance from normal lockbox ship (and this is not limited time ship) i will just wait for reasonable price (300-400mill)...
  • Options
    xiesha911 wrote: »
    Ok... i see, people are selling a lockbox ship for 1bill...
    Well, considering the 1/3 chance from normal lockbox ship (and this is not limited time ship) i will just wait for reasonable price (300-400mill)...

The Vonph is the first what I call super-premium ship to be part of a lockbox drop. A ship like the Vonph is normally used for the Promo R&D or DOFF Pack Events. Like how the Sheshar, Annorax, JHAS/JHSS, etc. were. But unlike those Promo Pack Events, the Vonph will always be with the Herald Lockbox. It's just the chances are even lower than the already low drop rate of a regular Lockbox Ship.

I'm not sure if the Vonph's price will stay, go up, or go down over time. Some guys that are closer to the pulse of STO's economy can answer that one better than I can.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    It's a unique case but I suspect it will go down over the coming months.
  • Options
    samt1996 wrote: »

Or player greed could keep it high, or cause it to go higher. It's actually gone up from the 700m it was going for days ago. It's now at 900m.

If someone is going to be dumb and try to sell it for lower "just to be nice" or some other foolish thing, someone else will just buy it for cheap and sell it again for the high price.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options

Or player greed could keep it high, or cause it to go higher. It's actually gone up from the 700m it was going for days ago. It's now at 900m.

If someone is going to be dumb and try to sell it for lower "just to be nice" or some other foolish thing, someone else will just buy it for cheap and sell it again for the high price.

Yup...buy at 700 million sell at 900 million...easy 200 million profit. People like xiesha can wait...but I doubt this ship will ever be listed on the exchange, or if it is it will sell in the blink of a eye to someone who is extremely lucky or will flip it.
  • Options
    It's a capitalist economy which means supply and demand will overule anything including greed. An items value is the middle ground where the buyer and seller meet, neither gets screwed and both get what they want. T'is the beauty of a free market.

I'm tired of people claiming stupid things like greed just because you can't buy a lamborghini for a roll of quarters. That's not how the world works. Anyone who is spending this much currency or cash on an item is not an idiot and knows exactly what they are buying. Nobody is being greedy or getting screwed.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Interestingly, the reviews of the new ship are starting. First one I've listened to, the overall summary was, "Really dissapointing" and "not worth it" for the Vonph. Course that's not going to stop the people who just absolutely have to have the latest shiny or are ship collectors.

Out of the 3 it appears the Baltim is the big winner with the Quas being a good ship.
  • Options
    It's basically a T6 JHDC and some people will enjoy it. Either way it's their money to spend.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Harold who?

Oh, wait...
  • Options
    lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Nope! but its extremely rare, like 1/750 chance to win vs 1/250 for a normal lockbox ship and 1/100 for the promotional ships.

for 1/750 chance, my notification won't shut about other people getting it. Must have had 150 notifications
  • Options
    lingeringsoul888lingeringsoul888 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    I really hope the temporal dreadnought doesn't sell for this kind of TRIBBLE price, but I get the feeling it'll be even higher.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    Interestingly, the reviews of the new ship are starting. First one I've listened to, the overall summary was, "Really dissapointing" and "not worth it" for the Vonph. Course that's not going to stop the people who just absolutely have to have the latest shiny or are ship collectors.

Out of the 3 it appears the Baltim is the big winner with the Quas being a good ship.

At least some people are opening and using the ships at least.

One thing I don't get, seeing as everyone is capped at 1 Bil how can you go above that price if it came to that?​​
  • Options
    I really hope the temporal dreadnought doesn't sell for this kind of TRIBBLE price, but I get the feeling it'll be even higher.

Probably...especially if it's a R&D/Boff pack ship.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    tempus64 wrote: »

At least some people are opening and using the ships at least.

One thing I don't get, seeing as everyone is capped at 1 Bil how can you go above that price if it came to that?​​

They would include other items like keys.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Going by the Krenim Dreadnought, I would expect the price to stay high for a long time. And maybe never drop. The ship will remain very rare, unless people consider the ship sh*t and underpowered, I don't think it's value will drop.
    Who the hell is Harold Vonph?​​

Didn't he build The Machine that Northern Lights used?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Going by the Krenim Dreadnought, I would expect the price to stay high for a long time. And maybe never drop. The ship will remain very rare, unless people consider the ship sh*t and underpowered, I don't think it's value will drop.
    Who the hell is Harold Vonph?​​

Didn't he build The Machine that Northern Lights used?

Even then I don't see that happening with that trait...
  • Options
    Your math doesn't explain why normal lockbox ships are so much cheaper then?
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Your math doesn't explain why normal lockbox ships are so much cheaper then?

The math is just the half of it, a lot does come from the ship itself. Both the Vonph & the Annorax had quite the hype behind them and they also do pack quite a punch, especially the Annorax.
  • Options
    lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Its the latest and not so greatest ship ... which means its shiny and new... and people are insane going nuts over it... Its not even close to the value or usability of the krenim ships... to be Honest... Baltim is best bang for the buck of the 3.... and id rather pull another polymorphic probe console then that garbage scow called the Vonph, in fact... id rather fly the malon....
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Its the latest and not so greatest ship ... which means its shiny and new... and people are insane going nuts over it... Its not even close to the value or usability of the krenim ships... to be Honest... Baltim is best bang for the buck of the 3.... and id rather pull another polymorphic probe console then that garbage scow called the Vonph, in fact... id rather fly the malon....

I've heard from multiple sources that this is indeed the case. I think the Vonph's price will eventually crash. I will admit, I want to have the Vonph but only because of the trait. The prices it is currently commanding is way too much just for a trait. Once the ship collectors are done buying the Vonphs out, I'm pretty sure we'll see those prices drop.