test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

launcher seems unable to connect

so...tonight I go to log in to do my daily refining and I find the launcher is either stuck on loading please wait or sits there trying to check patch version, and in one instance reported the website was having issues but gameplay isnt affected. is anyone else experiencing an inability to log in tonight?
Murphy's laws:
1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.

Comments

• Options
    davinalove#9367 davinalove Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Affirmative! Me and another in the home are sharing this issue too.
  • Options
    ripsterfxripsterfx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Launcher is borked for me as well just times out trying to update launcher.
  • Options
    nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Same. Was actually in-game and got a massive bout of lag, disconnected, and subsequent login attempts take several minutes just to get past the account server, another minute or so for the login server, and then I get a blank characters page that only lets me go back to the login screen. Quit out and tried the launcher, and it just stalls at connection attempts before spitting out the "Connection problem" dialog.
  • Options
    devnull5devnull5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same. Booted me and now I can't get back in. After about 8 tries, I did get past the initial launcher dialog, but now it's stuck in the normal splash/login screen and saying "loading, please wait..." for the past 10 mins or so.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    they are having server connect issues...they are investigating...it says so on their twitter page
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    draconikdraconik Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    thank for the up-date. hopefully thing are up and running smoothly soon.
  • Options
    vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Same for me as nanomorph, was doing Sunrise - had to clear some time specifically to run it for the first week rewards - half-way through, Server Not Responding. Shut down, and it goes to Connect Establish Connection to Patch Server.

Thanks for the update Hagar3, guess we just have to cross our fingers and hope it is fixed in time to get this weeks reward box.
  • Options
    Ok, got the "Loading, Please Wait" screen... fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Finally got it to load, but now asking for me to sign in with my account... 3 tries and still can't get past the sign in screen...?
  • Options
    davinalove#9367 davinalove Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 8m8 minutes ago
    Our teams are looking into a potential DDOS.

As posted on Twitter.
  • Options
    nasextremiousnasextremious Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yes, STO is NOT playable despite the message that is posted on the launcher claiming that only the website is affected and the game is not. I got to the sign on screen as well and saw the posted message, but can not login.

There seems to be a lot of downtime for unknown reasons. I wish they would just get the reason straight and let everyone know what the problem is and start publishing when the service will be back online to us. That's not to much to ask... Especially for those of us who are paying..
  • Options
    duck2013duck2013 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yeah i am having issues too.

It constantly says the website is down but game is not affected...

first time i type my password, it have no internet connection.
    second time i type it, it says dns can't resolve or somesuch.
    third time, it logs in.

happens every time i start the launcher since yesterday on the 6th of november.
    --- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
    Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

Join our awesome stream community for neverwinter on twitch