test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game client crashing when pressing engage.

Have not had problems with client or patcher in ages, ive played the game since beta. I know ive been lucky.

Since recent patching for season 11, this changed. Now after hitting engage after patcher it simply crashes to desktop, no error messages no nothing. How on earth can i even report this properly, as there dosnt seem to be error messages popping up and whatnot. All drivers are upto date.
Nothing has changed except the patcher patching my client and evidently messing it up. So how to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Same... i have been trying ALL morning since the update, and still no luck. I am even deleting and redownloading the whole game from scratch... all 12GB's... this is ridculous
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Likewise. Game loads about 60%, then splut. Verify files, no change. Force verify files, no change. Full shut down and restart, no change. Safe Mode: you guessed it.​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    renegade2urenegade2u Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Having the same issue. Sent in a ticket. Still no response. No response here either. I don't think Arc or Perfectworld actually looks at the forums. You should put in a ticket also.
  • Options
    nubrain01nubrain01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem too since yesterday. hope it gets sorted out soon
  • Options
    yangtzeekiangyangtzeekiang Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    me too this is the first problem I have had and I have been here since beta I hope they fix it soon.
    141011 04:40:13 93 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 14\nThe connection to the server was lost - unexpectedly disconnected
    150123 18:22:11 24 [1]: HTTP patching problem (BadHttpResponse):
    150123 18:28:03 43 [1]: xferrer resetting after apparent hang.
    150129 16:36:25 40 [1]: HTTP patching problem (BadHttpResponse):
    150212 16:58:25 20 [1]: HTTP patching problem (BadHttpResponse):
    150226 14:26:54 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long
    150415 00:37:11 22 [1]: HTTP patching problem (BadHttpResponse):
  • Options
    pharaoh6000pharaoh6000 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I'm getting the same crash - the game loads about 60% and then drops to desktop. No error code... nothing.

This is the first time STO has caused me problems.
    3D Art of my Captain, MYRR TALON
  • Options
    comandermattcomandermatt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same here, uninstalled the game, installed when i was at work, come home still crashes.
  • Options
    wazzgitwazzgit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I've been having a similar problem. I patch and hit engage and the game minimizes and i can't get it to go full screen. I can how ever see the thumbnail when I mouse over the icon on my task bar. It then crashes once it passes the cyptic load screen.
    I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and running it in safe mode but no help there.
  • Options
    comandermattcomandermatt Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still unresolved. Twice now uninstall and full reinstall. With on demand patching turned off.
  • Options
    maintenance today did NOT help. PLEASE help us!!! at least answer the thread. even the error reporter doesn't work.
  • Options
    dude9019dude9019 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same Problem here
  • Options
    joeybehr52joeybehr52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    They are telling me it is my video card however I was able to play the game right up to the moment before the upgrade to season 11 and after the update I am getting this crash notice. I do find it to be weak as I am able to play their other games such as champions online with no issues with my video card. and I have played other games not associated with cryptic at all and I have no issues. So I do not understand why I am still having this issue? I will be checking with my tech about this issue but I stand with my thoughts that it is not my video card.
  • Options
    lyzra001lyzra001 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    First of all, anyone whom dosnt have a problem where hitting engage on patcher causes an Windows error code 0 (While attempting to format, received error code 15100.), please find a another thread because having ten different problems in a single thread dosnt help.
    Especially as this thread is about issues happening when you hit engage button on patcher.
    Go hijack other threads or start ones focusing on your own personal problem.

Now to matters at hand, yeah ive been in touch with support. Absolutely no help from that department, just waste of our both times. What was good were the fact, the error seems to suggest client itself simply dosnt launch after hitting engage. Yet, im a sysadmin and even ran the program from subfolders in steam as sysadmin and still it refuses to launch. Yeah, i did force verifys and everything like that, not helped a thing.
    I was suggested to attach in the patchers options at command line -console to get some debug info out of what actually causes a crash, if crashing the client is an issue.

Its been a bit tiring that support and these forums seem to be so full of thread hijacking/useless suggestions. Some sort of sticky threads for these clearly happening bugs/errors would be in order. Searching the threads seem to be idiotic at the moment, getting nothing but false positives.
  • Options
    joeybehr52joeybehr52 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    lets all just wait and wait and wait for the fixes that might happen down the road....and lets play champions online >:)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    SOLUTION for me and for you I hope :)

I have spent a few days with the Tek dept. emailing back and forth and just got something that worked for me.

go to C:/program files(X86)/Perfect World Entertainment/Star Trek Online_en/Star Trek Online/Live

Find and Delete the Piggs file

disable firewall and antivirus

run game it will finally patch and a new pigs file will appear.

it worked for me and I re engaged my AV and firewall and it worked again I am off to New Dawn WOOT and hooah TEK dept!
    Post edited by yangtzeekiang on
  • Options
    arthurhansenarthurhansen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm still having this issue where you hit engage, it brings up the Cryptic loading bar screen and crashes to desktop at 55%.

Pretty much tried just about everything I can think of and still can't get it to load at all.
  • Options
    nebuloninenebulonine Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I didnt have the same problem as you, but a similar one. It worked with changing compability mode to win XP SP2 (...).
    Try it if you havent already.
  • Options
    arthurhansenarthurhansen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Eh, so far nothing except crashes wit XP SP2. Or any other modes.