test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Censored Criticism

In another thread, now closed, a user raised many relevant points but was banned instead of having his or her complaints addressed. I want to address them now so people see them and know what Cryptic doesn't want you to see.

Lockboxes: You can open flying shark boxes until your lungfish burst, but you never get a purple people eater ship, just sparkle unicorn weapons!

New Content: These jade butterfly tiger developers keep rushing out content full of orangutan camel spiders, but never fix the arcturian opal scarab beetles already in the game from beehives ago!

Performance: Every time I try to play I get all sorts of wagnerian zebra leopardoctupi and snarf warthogs, and the slug platypus is so bad my flame eagle lazer drops to near zero! And that's when it's not shark puppy doppleganging entirely!

Subject Material: We were promised this season would be all about elephant weasels and snuffalupagus cocaine nosejobs, but everything is just parsnips parsnips and marble rhino greeblemorphins to krill! We're tired of this endless mindless warthog!

More:

All the femtosecond carrier pigeons are dandelioned in scazzumpulous hipotropics and it's unfriending my monkality! It's saxophonist and misatrophied!

All the pincers on the exhaust are way too herocious, the dichotomous exgirlfriend rents are out of contrast, and everything in the gamma is a blatant cashew graphelunk!

And all the glanding! Trimglutes and timmys and just gland gland gland for little to no seaworld.

Allowing players to fry heffalump and spiny buzzard shines is totally breaking my immense speckled jellyfish!

I could go on and on, but the devidians will just benzite me and enterprise my potempkin. Just wait, they'll compass for yorktown next!

[note: the above is intended as humor, and references the amusing word replacements in a recent troll thread. No actual outrage is intended.]​​
star_trek_idic_facebook_cover_by_athdaraseleya-d6hri4e.jpg

The D in IDIC doesn't stand for discrimination, and neither does this poster.

Comments

• Options
    tasilatasila Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    You have been kicked from the Server
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I am such a geek...I actually went on Wikipedia to see if some of the more obscure animals were real, in the original post that you're parodying. :D

(They all were. ;) )

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ironically the thread being referenced was much more of a laugh after the amusing word replacements then it was before and it was side splittingly funny even then.

I wanted to say nicely done to tacofangs but the thread was closed so I will do it here. thanks taco.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    yeah, it was some amusingly idiotic ranting.... oh and Nb4L.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    You misspelled Potemkin. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I think Taco (or Trendy) needs to do more animal based censorship.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    What the eerdverk?
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I razorize this! Ate the Anguish Languish!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I'm Gorna die from laughing too hard. XD
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Trendy and Taco are awesome. ;)
  • Options
    navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    In another thread, now closed, a user raised many relevant points but was banned instead of having his or her complaints addressed. I want to address them now so people see them and know what Cryptic doesn't want you to see.

Lockboxes: You can open flying shark boxes until your lungfish burst, but you never get a purple people eater ship, just sparkle unicorn weapons!

New Content: These jade butterfly tiger developers keep rushing out content full of orangutan camel spiders, but never fix the arcturian opal scarab beetles already in the game from beehives ago!

Performance: Every time I try to play I get all sorts of wagnerian zebra leopardoctupi and snarf warthogs, and the slug platypus is so bad my flame eagle lazer drops to near zero! And that's when it's not shark puppy doppleganging entirely!

Subject Material: We were promised this season would be all about elephant weasels and snuffalupagus cocaine nosejobs, but everything is just parsnips parsnips and marble rhino greeblemorphins to krill! We're tired of this endless mindless warthog!

More:

All the femtosecond carrier pigeons are dandelioned in scazzumpulous hipotropics and it's unfriending my monkality! It's saxophonist and misatrophied!

All the pincers on the exhaust are way too herocious, the dichotomous exgirlfriend rents are out of contrast, and everything in the gamma is a blatant cashew graphelunk!

And all the glanding! Trimglutes and timmys and just gland gland gland for little to no seaworld.

Allowing players to fry heffalump and spiny buzzard shines is totally breaking my immense speckled jellyfish!

I could go on and on, but the devidians will just benzite me and enterprise my potempkin. Just wait, they'll compass for yorktown next!

[note: the above is intended as humor, and references the amusing word replacements in a recent troll thread. No actual outrage is intended.]​​

And to top it all off, when they do close a thread, they have something smart to say before closing it. Very unprofessional. Not only do they silence people when they point out facts, but they also have a snide comment upon shutting them down. They think they are being funny. Perhaps to a child who posts on these threads they are funny. However, to a grown adult, all they do is show how immature they are and show us just how unprofessional they are.

And yes, I know it was intended to be funny...just wanted to get that out there. By the way, you misspelled graphellunk. It has two L's.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Which facts are you speaking of?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Well, in the closed thread, the poster mentioned that he opened 5 lockboxes without getting a single ship. That is at least a factual statement - and I for one consider it probable enough to take it as gospel, that the poster, indeed, opened 5 lockboxes without getting a single ship.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    NB4tL2PtL
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    This seemed appropriate:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
    Thy micturations are to me,
    As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
    On a lurgid bee,
    That mordiously hath blurted out,
    Its earted jurtles,
    Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer. [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
    Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
    Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
    And living glupules frart and slipulate,
    Like jowling meated liverslime,
    Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turling dromes,
    And hooptiously drangle me,
    With crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
    See if I don't.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Contrapunctally framjacious. Infrapersonally I deindicate the frad-raffin' narf-garblers, but seriophonically, I expicize the elapsophobics too tetroidically.

I think you said it better, though.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I just finished watching Deep Space Nine, the episode "Babel" when I logged into here and saw this thread. Too funny!
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    In before the lock.
    yippeanotherlamethread.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A 'Minority Report' Syndrome has recently materialized. While there were no problems with some 'fine strands of twisted fibers' they are fastened because they may become unraveled in the future. ;);)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I'm Gorna die from laughing too hard. XD
    I've Breen hearing that for a long time... still haven't seen it. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Ignore all this senseless forum spam please. I have a group on Facebook, if you want to talk in uncensored I suggest you make a group on Facebook as I did, or you are welcome to join us authors. We complain a lot too! But don't we always complain about the things and people we love? I know you want to be heard, I feel your pain, but it is not like you are going to grab the ear of a developer or even the CEO in a game forum.

Have Fun!
    NFA-banner.png
  • Options
    crabbycabbycrabbycabby Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    OP: You speak perfect Manglish!​​
    Proudly F2P
  • Options
    in all seriousness I don't know why people who are so unhappy with the game that they don't want to play any more feel they have to make such a big deal of it on the forum, especially using so much profanity.
    if they are that unhappy with the game just stop playing.

there are some things even I am not particularly happy about and have often voiced my views on this forum but I can do it just fine without resorting to the use of expletives and at the end of the day there is far far more I like about the game then what I dislike.

overall despite all its minor failings this is still beyond doubt the best star trek game I have ever played with the most generous FTP MMO system out there and nothing that I have ever been unhappy with has ever changed my view of that.

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Doesn't the First Rule of STO Forums apply here?
    Or am I thinking of the Second?
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    excellentawesome#4589 excellentawesome Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It all comes down to self-respect.

truer words could not be spoken by a truer person, and being true to yourself is what will save you're game cryptic!

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I think censored criticism as we witnessed in the other thread is quiet cool.

It’s win/win for both. The community made it and Cryptic read it.

In the end the criticism are just hints for the devs and the “passionate” way in which some forum users describe them just underlines how passionate customers cryptic has.

It’s Cryptic’s job to make the best or the worst of it.

Daily log in numbers as well as general income for Cryptic will decide if it was deserved or not.

For us it’s just a game or hobby at stake. For the devs it’s a job and reputation for the future.

They have a golden Star Trek Cow on their side, should not be that hard to feed and milk it right.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    Doesn't the First Rule of STO Forums apply here?
    Or am I thinking of the Second?
    B)

is that like the first rule of fight club?

This discussion has been closed.