What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Badlands Battlezone

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    No ground one. Moving along.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    Thought this season was meant to be geared towards exploration that was short lived seems we are back to warring but this time with our mirror selves

And this sums up the most disturbing issue.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    now the problem of actually getting to level 60..how about un nerf fun, and increase the amount of XP we gain through episodes. Instead of forcing us to grind patrols, red alerts and worthless DOFF missions just so we can continue in the episode arcs. You know, like back before the level cap increase when we could obtain max level via episodes alone. And this change would not prevent those that enjoy the Korean grind fest to give that up...just saying.
  • Options
    wupteedowupteedo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I just can't handle another round of grinding for marks and stuff. I will just work on Dil farming and bring some set up to Mark 14 (gold) and be done with it. I do hope it's great, but having to do "Midnight" eight times a week times four weeks. Wait a minute, isn't that definition of insanity???
    Just please be a Breen T6 Battleship for Q's Holiday Wunderland.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    wupteedo wrote: »

If the previews of the Admiralty system are right, we should be getting the T6 Razketh Dreadnought as our next Breen/Q's Winter Wonderland prize...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If the previews of the Admiralty system are right, we should be getting the T6 Razketh Dreadnought as our next Breen/Q's Winter Wonderland prize...
    Hmm... I haven't seen that one yet, got a pic? :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    The only Battlezone they should add is a endgame one, look at all the current ones, totally empty and noone uses them, most get sick of them within days.
  • Options
    fewzz wrote: »
    The only Battlezone they should add is a endgame one, look at all the current ones, totally empty and noone uses them, most get sick of them within days.

Not necessarily 'sick of them', but by tying the Battlezones and Adventure Zones to specific kinds of Reputation Marks, most players have no reason to go back to them once they've maxed out those particular Reps (and acquired any equipment or anything else requiring Marks they wishe).

Honestly, I think the best thing they could do with Battle/Adventure Zones would be to raise the dilithium refinement limit and then possibly boost the dilithium rewards somewhat - get more people in the Zones to earn dilithium that they can actually refine rather than just "Okay, I've got my 8k for the day, moving on to something else now"...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User

As far as I read, there is currently no miniature for the Rezreth (blank icon), but the card does exist, I really hope it's the winter event ship and not a R&D promo ship like most dreadnoughts.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Will the plasma storms be a hazard?

I.E. If we don't get away from them... BOOM!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    bioixi wrote: »

As far as I read, there is currently no miniature for the Rezreth (blank icon), but the card does exist, I really hope it's the winter event ship and not a R&D promo ship like most dreadnoughts.
    It should be the winter event ship. I suspect the MirrorTemporal Dreadnought will be the R&D promo ship.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options

It should be the winter event ship. I suspect the MirrorTemporal Dreadnought will be the R&D promo ship.

If everything goes according to most common predictions we will get the T6 Defiant/bird-of-prey/warbird probably with 3 variants each.

Baltim raider, Quas flight deck cruiser and Iadon from the herald lockbox

Temporal dreadnought as R&D pack or maybe a mirror universe lockbox.

Rezreth for the winter event.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Got a picture of the card? Blank picture or not it will tell us a few things.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I searched the forums and the internet for a picture, I couldn't find it, but I've read some comments from people that got it from the admiralty system, it's also on the admiralty system masterlist:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Admiralty_System_Ship_Master_List

Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser (T6), Ultra Rare, Eng ship, 62eng, 31Sci, 33tac, Ignores +TAC from Events

There is also the ... you know, that stuff we are not supposed to mention in the forums, but can be found if you search the internet.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Will the plasma storms be a hazard?

I.E. If we don't get away from them... BOOM!
    That would be a logical assumption, one apparently borne out in this video. Bonus points if such hazards can be used to your benefits as well (i.e. using TBR to push a ship into them, or using gravity wells or Nukara mines to make sure they can't get out of the way)...

Said video also raises the concern that the (unacknowledged, as far as I know) graphical nonsense that makes many areas in the Delta Quadrant almost unplayable may be making a return here.
  • Options
    Said video also raises the concern that the (unacknowledged, as far as I know) graphical nonsense that makes many areas in the Delta Quadrant almost unplayable may be making a return here.

You mean the backgrounds that - while pretty to look at - cause such a slowdown with graphics and processing that the only way to play half the missions during the DQ Arc is to turn your settings down to the equivilent of a Sega Master system (if anyone else even remembers those...)?

God, I hope that doesn't make a return in the Badlands, a potentially great storyline (return of the Mirror Universe) and a battlezone with a lot of innate history (the Badlands in DS9 and VOY "Caretaker" as a hideout for the Maquis, the Mirror Badlands being a hideout for the Terran Rebels, and how in STO Lore, the Deferi helped the Klingon fleet lost in the Badlands centuries ago) would be ruined by it.
  • Options

I searched the forums and the internet for a picture, I couldn't find it, but I've read some comments from people that got it from the admiralty system, it's also on the admiralty system masterlist:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Admiralty_System_Ship_Master_List

Breen Rezreth Dreadnought Cruiser (T6), Ultra Rare, Eng ship, 62eng, 31Sci, 33tac, Ignores +TAC from Events

There is also the ... you know, that stuff we are not supposed to mention in the forums, but can be found if you search the internet.
    Interesting, thanks. It would seem that it will be a ship with an Eng commander then. The ability is odd, but not bad. Usually it comes on tac ships but... enh.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    It makes sense, though - Chel Grett was basically a cruiser, high Engineering slant; Presh Brek was a Raider, Tactical focus; Sarr Theln was a Carrier with Science focus, so the Razketh having a Engineering focus is just the three-career-cycle coming around again...

Maybe it having the "Ignores +TAC from Events" ability is a sign that the 'special' ships (Event, etc.) will break the standard Admiralty molds in ways to help make them more attractive for the players?
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    IF the Breen Dreadnought is the next winter ship. I wonder if it will stay the same, or get new looks. This means I will have to make room on my KDF. That character is set up to use Breen ships. Since that is where the Chel Grett and Sarr Theln is used.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    It makes sense, though - Chel Grett was basically a cruiser, high Engineering slant; Presh Brek was a Raider, Tactical focus; Sarr Theln was a Carrier with Science focus, so the Razketh having a Engineering focus is just the three-career-cycle coming around again...

Maybe it having the "Ignores +TAC from Events" ability is a sign that the 'special' ships (Event, etc.) will break the standard Admiralty molds in ways to help make them more attractive for the players?
    the previous 3 event ships (Nandi, Sarr, Samsar) have a specific ability, but there's no reason that ability would be shared with other ships in the future.

EDIT: Chel has comm tac, and is thus a red card.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    farmallm wrote: »
    IF the Breen Dreadnought is the next winter ship. I wonder if it will stay the same, or get new looks. This means I will have to make room on my KDF. That character is set up to use Breen ships. Since that is where the Chel Grett and Sarr Theln is used.

I think, for the lack of ship icon, that they'll remodel the ship, but I really hope they allow the old model as an alternative.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    You mean the backgrounds that - while pretty to look at - cause such a slowdown with graphics and processing that the only way to play half the missions during the DQ Arc is to turn your settings down to the equivilent of a Sega Master system (if anyone else even remembers those...)?
    Based on at least one impression from this thread it would appear that liberal application of a 'clue-by-four' is in order.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Comming soon in perpetuity:

PvP revamp.
  • Options
    splasmisktsplasmiskt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Playing the new Terran battlezone and capturing point thruout the map but not all points rewards any marks. Also same when destroying a base or all 3 it wont give me any marks in the rewards. Also the ones not giving any marks reward very little of anything.

Am I the only one having this problem since no one seems to discuss it here or ingame either...
  • Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    splasmiskt wrote: »
    Playing the new Terran battlezone and capturing point thruout the map but not all points rewards any marks. Also same when destroying a base or all 3 it wont give me any marks in the rewards. Also the ones not giving any marks reward very little of anything.

Am I the only one having this problem since no one seems to discuss it here or ingame either...

No both myself and a fleet m8 had the same problem
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I did the battlezone last night, and the final node (keep the 3 guns disabled) took FOREVER. Ships would warp in, and get fragged in seconds, but the progress bar barely moved. Eventually I left because the rest of the map was reverting. (Then ended up talking with my wife for 30 minutes, so I have no idea how it ended.)
    I was hoping for something based on the mirror invasion. Slow Undine 2.0 was a disappointment.
    I did get marks, though.
  • Options
    grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    near 0 marks to me, this battleground is terrible, why dont made one dyson style battleground?
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    It's a mess.

It's hard to get tier IV, 10 marks, reward while taking a spot. And this happens even if you take part on every phase of the point, or at least it happened to me a few times.
    If you miss out of any stage with the stations at the end you'll get 1 mark or no marks.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Some of the zones reported buggy behavior, guess I was lucky today. Made it through two runs fine. A little more Dilithium would not hurt. Moving objectives are more engaging. That is good.

• Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Leeta's cutscene plays way too often.