Options

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Looks like the Germans got a heads up once again:
    http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9613523-eine-woche-voller-geschenke

Large bonus marks pack and again only claimable on a single character.
    I'm actually having conversations about why publishing is no longer synchronized. It's not actually the German CM however, to be clear.

As i understand the German head start is not a new issue, in fact something which has been ongoing for months now.​​
    Yeah. Publishing is a long and involved process that I've enjoyed being a part of. That being said, there's a lot of moving parts. One of those parts seems to not be working correctly, and that requires me talking to that.. part.
  • Options
    phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    karr007 wrote: »
    You know this mark boost is disappointing. It is not like we didn't have a mark boost week, a week ago.

Agree. /\

It's free which is nice. But it's not exactly rocking my world.

I do find the use of the word 'large' a bit of a stretch though. 100 marks? How many minutes to earn in game?

But still it is a freebie. ;)
  • Options
    x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9613523-eine-woche-voller-geschenke

I'm actually having conversations about why publishing is no longer synchronized. It's not actually the German CM however, to be clear.

As i understand the German head start is not a new issue, in fact something which has been ongoing for months now.​​
    Yeah. Publishing is a long and involved process that I've enjoyed being a part of. That being said, there's a lot of moving parts. One of those parts seems to not be working correctly, and that requires me talking to that.. part.

This is why my personal workstation, servers, and even my wrist watch are ALL in UTC. If my entire team uses the same timezone, no matter where we are, this cannot happen.

UTC Master Clock!
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Hmm, I'll admit, the Doff pack and marks pack aren't anything I'd get excited over...

However, free is free, so you can't argue with that!

And, the marks pack is 1/character, so in 20 minutes I effectively got 1200 Iconian marks! Woo Hoo! (much of that time was spent doffing and slotting fleet projects too, lol)

Regardless, both are still nice gestures from Cryptic, so...

Thank You Cryptic, for the free goodies! :)
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but on Tribble in DS9 opps you can play some video Logs with Mirror Leta in it (she actually says her name), and she does not look like the one on that picture.... i think...

I'm thinking these are gonna be unlocks for the Reputation.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    x3of9 wrote: »

This is why my personal workstation, servers, and even my wrist watch are ALL in UTC. If my entire team uses the same timezone, no matter where we are, this cannot happen.

UTC Master Clock!

I think it's a question of convenience. At the time Trendy usually posts her blogs it's past office hours in Germany. So I guess whoever is their GM he or she makes his/her posts at the latest possible time which is about one hour before Trendy.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy does that mean every country has its own CM?
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    @pwlaughingtrendy does that mean every country has its own CM?
    Both ze' Germans and le' French have one CM. His name is Nevandon. He's cool. We're totally facebook friendsies.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Reminder anything that comes from Tribble and potentially story-related, pleeeease mark it with a [ s p o i l e r ] tag :3

Thanks for today's freebie :smile:
    More marks for the dil grinder >:)
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Large bonus marks pack and again only claimable on a single character.​​
    It's once per character, not once per account.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited October 2015

As i understand the German head start is not a new issue, in fact something which has been ongoing for months now.

I can see the conversation going: bad part bad!!!

Edit: As for the CM, i thought there was one for the major language groups like English, German, French and Spanish.

Edit 2: Not counting Mandarin and Cantonese​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The marks will be nice. I know which ones to get. The Iconian ones since you have to do the same darn mission over and over to get them. Specially if you solo the Rep. That Rep is the worst one to do.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    More love for my Reman. She's close to finishing Iconian Rep, but that grind for the armor (which I will NOT display visuals on, thank you) was not one I was looking for. My other toons have better Rep gear, etc, but this will only be her second rep completed.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    It's once per character, not once per account.

Could have sworn there was a notice on the German version saying it was on a single character only. Maybe i was mistaken or perhaps it was a copy-paste from yesterday for which the info was corrected.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Hey free is free, I can always use a few more marks.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    [quote="primar13;12757421
    I'm thinking these are gonna be unlocks for the Reputation.
    [/quote]

Actually:
    The new Reputation is active on Tribble, and while it's got ground set, it includes:
    Shield, Armor, Weapon (a bathlet or rifle - may have both, but it's only 3-piece set)
    Nowhere i saw the double weapon (it's looks like some blades or something to me)

The female on picture looks like Bajoran (or maybe Bajoran/something mix?)
  • Options
    elywaerelywaer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Free doffs! Never can have to many doffs. :) Or too many marks1 My KDF pirate Romulan could sure use some Iconian marks! Oh that rep grind is the worst. Anyway, I hope I can actually log in with this crummy connection to claim them.

That will teach me. Be off on a wine tasting weekend while STO is giving away free stuff. My bad. (Oh, and no haggis with my wine, sorry :s )

Thanks for the cool giveaways!

• Options
    gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    x3of9 wrote: »

UTC Master Clock!

Maybe I should be watching the German feed. It seems to have more info sooner. Hoverboards (had to search for the Doff promo ad after someone told me about it) and now a Boost, today... promotionally visible.

Maybe by following the German board, I wouldn't have missed out on the Inventory slot giveaway -- which is MUCH more useful than this 1-character-only boost. I think that the Inventory slots should have been better promotionally announced than it was. I was slaving away in the Foundry (on what was apparently Day 1 of the New Dawn Giveaway) and the log window made no mention of a GIVEAWAY in its New Dawn banner text.

The Notifications window pop-up (Bulletin Board) was completely empty (It even said that there was no news on the day that the New Dawn GIVEAWAYS were supposed to be happening, so SOMEONE dropped the ball on that). I had to hear from a passerby (the next day) that it was DAY 2 of giveaways for New Dawn. Of COURSE the info tab in the log window still has no info, and the Notifications remains blank. Not even any past release info is shown, like LoR, or Delta Rising, etc.

When the launcher Engage button was readying to click after the patch, the old ads were showing. NOTHING about an Inventory giveaway. There needs to be a better in-game system for these announcements... AND a redo for those of us who in good faith are requesting a redo of the Inventory giveaway.

Here's an idea, make it an account unlock item good for a limited number of characters per account during the giveaway days and only claimable if it was already claimed?

Yes, I appreciate the doff box and the Hover board and even the single character only boost. But a minimal campaign on account wide Inventory slots? Come on!
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Large bonus marks pack and again only claimable on a single character.​​

bonus marks pack are claimable on all characters, hope you see this B4 its too late.

mind you I would not call 100 marks particularly large, but thanks anyway.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User

You misunderstand. The marks are 50% larger than normal marks. They're worth the same, just bigger.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • Options
    tinyfisted wrote: »

You misunderstand. The marks are 50% larger than normal marks. They're worth the same, just bigger.

American marks? Worth the same as regular marks, but twice the size?​​
  • Options
    zisko#6191 zisko Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Large mark boost? PWE and Cryptic think that 100 mark is a lot? :lol: I can get 2000 marks in a day :lol:
  • Options
    lostshaidelostshaide Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    100 marks isn't a big deal, but as others have said...it's free! I loved the inventory space and the officer packs though.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Actually, I'm fairly sure there is, I'm checking STO gamepedia now...

ETA- http://sto.gamepedia.com/Haggis - there is.

I don't like Lamb, that's my main prob with haggis.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I'm quite happy to claim Marks on all 11 of my Characters.
    Thank you.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    I missed the 2nd giveway. Is it possible to release it again, if you have missed it and any other giveways players have missed?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    raj011 wrote: »
    I missed the 2nd giveway. Is it possible to release it again, if you have missed it and any other giveways players have missed?

You are joking - right?

The giveaway idea is to make people watching whats happening in game to get all the nice surprises....

I never saw repeated giveaway - and i'm playing around 2 years in STO

Edit:
    Though i think i saw once they make it longer....
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »

Heretic!​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

How is that possible? O_O'
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    More fleet marks please!