test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many of you is going to buy the new carrier

mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy

How many of you is going to buy the new carrier 138 votes

Yes, I will buy it even if it is just to collect dust in the shipyard
22%
f9thretxcjadicuscelestissoldravenman3025davidp0418random909cuchulainn74vegeta50024scarlinglordprotiusryugasiriustrainboytlordoffilingdkeith2011ddesjardinshyperionx09strorusomegasprimekarlbarbasuran14 31 votes
No, my wife is tired of dust catchers
45%
admiralkirkstuart1965duncanidaho11irm1963alexraptorrcoupaholicrahmkota19sekritagentgulberatkjwashingtonfleetadmiraltacoarabaturkyrrokdlmc85royalsovereignkodachikunojrq2arliekkostigrovaya13akuladrakethewhite 63 votes
Not sure, maybe I would buy one just to take it out once a month
16%
hyefathersabrevt1100dracounguisswamarianrickpaaamarkhawkmancaldariusconkav22ismellfear2theanothernamesistericscottstatentyrionjkirkwatsterliantheliacaanoslordgyorhunteralpha84cradiajasonyeefong 23 votes
Where is the Epsilon-Omega hybrid?
15%
trickypingu#9526ikonn#1068jahawn68reyan01kitsunesnoutcearavthibashlilchibiclarimayito2009maxvitordamainxbunansadrazziidalekofnodxayssadmiraldunwallbanatinecrash101101johnwatson71hyagtuer 21 votes

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    None of the above. I'll buy it if I like the stats and the costume options.
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Yes, I will buy it even if it is just to collect dust in the shipyard
    Based on the bits and pieces of information available so far, I think it'll probably work nicely for my Science captain. So I'm expecting that I'll probably want to pick it up. If the reality of the stats doesn't turn out to be good for Science, I'll change my mind.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Where is the "Hell no, sc*ew carriers" option?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I don't know much about it yet. Stats? Abilities? Layout? So yeah, can't vote in this poll.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    Depends on what the starship trait is like. I'm not much of a carrier person so I would just get it for a trait and then probably discharge it after that.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Only if I can fly it on my Romulan main.

Or if it gets bundled with something I can fly on my Romulan...because I'm a sucker for bundles.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Come on...where's the "other" on the poll?

I pass...just dont like the looks nor the number og hangers.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Not sure, maybe I would buy one just to take it out once a month
    Not sure...if we end up with Omega and only Omega I will likely pass...if I have a Alpha option I may consider depending on the stats and such. Can't give a definitive answer till the blogs show up days before launch like normal...
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Probably not.
    I was hoping for more TOS/Kirk-Movies styling.
    <shrug>

I wish They would throw us 'Old-TOS-Fogies' a bone occasionally, what's the harm of having a few newer ships with a bit of the Classic Motif mixed in...
    <grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    Trait ? Frigate pets ? Boff layout ? Consoles ? Turn rate ? Customization ?

Too many questions to vote, sorry.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    A simple "no" option would have been preferable.
    Either way, with breen carrier and HEC in my inventory (along side some orion flight deck cruisers) i have no need for another carrier even if i had liked the design.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    Still not enough info.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    It is right next to the "Spend money on Fed-side? Eff that!" option. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    What new carrier? I thought the Defiant was coming out
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Probably not.
    I was hoping for more TOS/Kirk-Movies styling.
    <shrug>

I wish They would throw us 'Old-TOS-Fogies' a bone occasionally, what's the harm of having a few newer ships with a bit of the Classic Motif mixed in...
    <grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>

TOS style? Let's not and say we did..

TNG style, especially the Nebula, would have been appreciated.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    No, because wasting money on buying ships I won't use, EVEN for the admirality system is not worth it. I listen to so many people whine about how expensive things are, well you don't have to have every ship in the game.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    No, because wasting money on buying ships I won't use, EVEN for the admirality system is not worth it. I listen to so many people whine about how expensive things are, well you don't have to have every ship in the game.

Indeed. The devs need to put a lot of sweeters for anyone to take the jump.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Unlikely, although it's possible I might pick one up eventually, but I've already got an Atrox and the Obelisk already for when I feel like going all BSG.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Honestly didn't care after the kitbash was pretty much refused.

And we all know the pet a.I. is still the worse thing in the world its even harder to accept then Q loves all the little creatures even you statement.

I shall wait for a decent defiant, or sovy, or t6 vesta (with aux beams, turrets, bridge/interior and ltc/intel seat)
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »
    It is right next to the "Spend money on Fed-side? Eff that!" option. :)

I don't do that either, so...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    There are missing some options. I would buy if it will have good stats, e.g. 7 weapons, lt. cmd/cmd tac. etc.
    Gameserver not found.
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Probably not, but I haven't seen stats and layout so anything's possible.

My short list for T6 ships to get (released or otherwise) is, in no particular order: Defiant, BoP, Vesta, Odyssey

Took me long enough, but I finally learned that gimmicks don't make a ship desirable. What matters to me is whether it's fun to fly, looks cool, and if it fits my character. Oh, and free. I'll take free if jumping through the hoops isn't too painful.

If this is better than the Breen carrier, I'll think about it.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    No, I have the Vesta pack and my Rom-Fed has the Obelisk...I have quite enough in the carrier department. Plus I highly doubt any true carrier will be as nimble as my Vesta.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Way too early to tell.

Chances would be improving if it was a cross-faction 3-pack. Anything that helps make Cryptic see there is a market for Romulan and Klingon ships.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kylercakylerca Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Depends very much on how ugly the dang thing looks, we narrowed it down to the two worst options for hull and nacelles.
    Say NO to team Omega.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    You idiots voted out the good designs, ruining any chance there was of my purchasing these. All we're left with is Slightly Less Jupiter versus Slightly More Jupiter and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    nope. i don't buy ships for the traits (so, even if the trait is good; still nope); not interested by a cruiser-carrier, boff seats, hum! i don't care. feds are less appealing for me now. I prefer the faction which have crappy uniforms, ugly ships, and no dude for the contrabands
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    nope. i don't buy ships for the traits (so, even if the trait is good; still nope); not interested by a cruiser-carrier, boff seats, hum! i don't care. feds are less appealing for me now. I prefer the faction which have crappy uniforms, ugly ships, and no dude for the contrabands

If you want sweet Rom-side uniforms, that's what Remans are for. ;) The Reman-Fed uniform looks good on my Reman female. Insult her face all you like but she'd fight if you insulted her sense of style! Her uniform even goes with her ship! :D

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    None of the above. I'll buy it if I like the stats and the costume options.

This.

Stats and Frigate pet's will determine whether I get it. And they have to be pretty good to outway the ugliness and the fact that I already have access to The Breen Carrier and Elite Frigate pet's!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    You idiots voted out the good designs, ruining any chance there was of my purchasing these. All we're left with is Slightly Less Jupiter versus Slightly More Jupiter and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Yep, your highly subjective opinion is worth more than my highly subjective opinion.

But my highly subjective opinion seems to be more popular, so there is that.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)