What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Design Your Ship Final Round [Alpha Vs Omega]

Comments

• Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Alpha and Omega are my 2 favorites, but Omega's shape looks more "carrier-like" and less cruiser-like to me. Yes, I'd like to see the Jupiter-class as a playable ship but this isn't it and didn't affect my decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega all the way!
  • Options
    freonfreakfreonfreak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    #teamalpha
  • Options
    wolfmoonstarwolfmoonstar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    ...of course, there is truly only one logical course of action...have both as skins for the new ship
    Finally, I can relax and enjoy the vast beauty of the Galaxy.
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Give me that mission pod!
  • Options
    officerhunter01officerhunter01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!

And I vote Omega, it just seems like the most logical choice for a carrier.
  • Options
    tomek75tomek75 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    With ships like this maybe will be good to change name from Star Trek Online to Space Track Online.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    #TeamAlpha
    Only bonus with Omega winning is I save 30 bucks and cryptic is out 30.

t6 defiant is somewhere anyway. Oh and the dress is white and gold right?
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Not a fan of design by committee - really hoping we will be able to mix-and-match components including foregoing quad nacelles.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Doesn't matter who wins with this tight of a race, because the end result will be the same.

alphaomega_zpsbkjzozts.jpg
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Rather than voting on complete ships designs, a vote on different components could have lead to some interesting results. Shape of the saucer, number of nacelles, look of the secondary hull, additional superstructures, impulse engines, different configurations of the chosen components etc. From the very first minute it was clear that Omega would win. The vote was as exciting as watching grass grow.
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    These 2 ships look almost identical, curly nacels and straight saucers.
    Wow I knew my powers of perception were amazing but I never thought I would predict the voting. You lot are becoming so predictable its past scary and now entering the sad stage !
    I bet cryptic knew exactly how the vote would go too that's why they offered this faux design your own starship event to "engage" the community, knowing full well which design would win, I bet its all packaged up and ready for sale as we speak.
    And still you will all pretend like you had a choice and made a difference, buwhahahaha !
    Sorry for the negativity but you lot bring it out in me with your contrived positive attitudes and predictable behavior/choices.
    Well done to the "winner" when it happens *rolls eyes* I will be looking forward to NOT spending a penny on it !
  • Options
    maxfive00maxfive00 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #teamomega. It's coming
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    #TeamOmega

Although Alpha would also deserve #1, in the end I decided to stick with my favorite and picked Omega :smiley:
    It's launch bays can support more traffic; allowing it to do what carriers were meant to do.

(And no, not a Jupiter fan. That's a clothes iron with nacelles strapped to it - with duct tape no doubt :sweat: )
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    aikurisuaikurisu Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Hard choice, but I like the top down aesthetic of the Omega more so it gets my vote.

Still, I wish Epsilon was here...
  • Options
    maxtorman1706maxtorman1706 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Sign me up for Alpha team
  • Options
    glados122glados122 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    eventually i chose alpha
    however Omega looks really beautiful aswell
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    I think alpha and omega are sort of similar enough that they might be able to share parts so I think we all know what needs to happen.

Both in the same ship! Or maybe a carrier 3-pack with the 3rd most popular as the 3rd variant.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Alpha versus Omega.... God is having some sort of innerconflict :o)
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    idashlaidashla Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Not much difference here. Basically asking if we want a mission pod as an option. Yes. We do. #TeamAlpha, but I am still a #TeamTheta and #TeamBeta guy. Please make those ships of some sort.
    ZNju0ze.jpg
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Team Omega all the way, The big ship with the fly through hangar must win!!!! She's beautiful
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
  • Options
    #TeamOmega
    tymersto wrote: »
    I think what separates them for me is the way the hangars are arranged. The huge hangar bay doors on Omega just scream "SHOOT ME HERE" and would be a major tactical vulnerability, to me.

Actually for me, the launch/landing on the sides is what made #TeamOmega my choice.
    Now if we can get something like Alpha's nacelle design for the Omega...

Thank you for the time...

Omega screams bad TRIBBLE broadsider!
  • Options
    #TeamOmega
    Having Omega's beam weapons fire broadside and then launching fighters will mean death for her opponents. Seriously if STO make this ship I want to buy her as a model!!!
  • Options
    lieutenantogrelieutenantogre Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Hmm...I like both designs, and decided #TeamAlpha would fit more my ideal of a Federation ship. With my lack of luck in the semi-finals and finals, I should avoid any and all Ferengi establishments in the near future.
  • Options
    jamesmerlinkirkjamesmerlinkirk Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    #TeamAlpha
    Ty Cryptic but think you programmer are near sighted there where relay only 2 designs a Prometheus Clone or a Galaxy / Ambassador Hybrid and finily stage we end up with 2 Prometheus Alts. If i had a good 3D Art Editer i could come up with more ideas.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    DEVs, Let's just have both yeah?​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    Since Unfortunately in the last Round (Epsilon vs Omega) the last coment was a Official NAY to the Superb looking Kitbash between Omega and Epsilon (with a Possible / optional Alpha style Pod on top) i will not Vote for anything in this Final Round, even so i was supporting Omega from the begining (minus the non existing secondary hull and the weird looking Nacceles) i just cant justify voting anymore for designs that look 50% good and 50% ugly, when there was a possible "third" option that could fix that.

No one was saying or asking to change the existing designs in mid vote, all we suggested was giving that third option - the Kitbash - a chance against the 2 original Designs, Alpha and Omega but i gues it was to unreasonable to expect that the playerbase comes up with an idea since its an "design YOUR ship" contest, silly me.

Sad seing that a brilliant idea was sunk without giving it a chance, the only bright side here is, that at least it will make sure that my money stays where it is, my account bank.

Well iam out of here, nothing that interests me anymore.
  • Options
    crysystemscrysystems Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    #TeamOmega
    Omega is the carrier of choice, but please give us the Alpha as swappable parts. Dev's please give those nacelles some Grrr Face, far to Oddy like. Come to think of it give the Oddy some Grr face while your at it.