test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The real reason for the cardassian changes.

When you rescue Ferak.
They fly off in a Nandi, point forwards not point backwards like player ones. The exhaust comes from the crescent not from above the windows.

Another mission with the ferengi flying a Nandi, also flies point forwards with the exhaust coming form the center of the crescent.​​

Comments

• Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    First, that was a D'Kora, not a Nandi and second that episode was from the 2800 FE arc, which is not part of the revamped Cardassian set.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    3rd - You're nuts if you think they re-did an entire story arc just to avoid fixing a ship model.

Fixing the ship (If it were even broken, which it isn't) would have been far less work then re-vamping an entire story arc just to cover the mistake.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    A ship model is wrong and they change the whole damn arc? Do you throw out your computer because of some dust on the keyboard?
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    When you rescue Ferak.
    They fly off in a Nandi, point forwards not point backwards like player ones. The exhaust comes from the crescent not from above the windows.

Another mission with the ferengi flying a Nandi, also flies point forwards with the exhaust coming form the center of the crescent.​​

As someone else in the thread pointed out, you are confused about the ship you are observing.
    It's not a Ferengi Nandi, but a D'Kora, and it is indeed pointing the direction it should be.
    And the episodes that feature Farek are part of the "Return of the 2800" arc, which takes place after the Cardassian arc.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,331 Arc User
    When you rescue Ferak.

Another mission with the ferengi flying a Nandi, also flies point forwards with the exhaust coming form the center of the crescent.

Seriously, what are you talking about willis..​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    gotta love conspiracy theories that are half baked... dude, if you're gonna be baked, do it right!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    The Nandi is a space Trilobite instead of the usual space twig and berries. The devs said so.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Currently, I don't think there are any NPC Nandi's in-game.

At the very least, I know that all NPC Ferengi captains you encounter are still in the basic D'Kora's.

Though, it would be neat if that STF where you defend Ferenginar against Undine invasion has new Nandi NPC's in it instead of just D'Koras. Haven't had it drop me in Ferenginar lately, though.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    @deaftravis05 : Oh, the OP's baked all right. :D
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The one ship that is STILL flying backwards is the Benthan Cruiser :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    You mock the OP now, but when all the Cardassian ships fly backwards with their pointy bit in the back, you'll see to what length Cryptic will go to hide their errors!

Beware the souless minions of the orthodoxy!​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    starswordc wrote: »

not as baked as he could be...
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Seems to me that threads are making less and less sense.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    anazonda wrote: »

Just as ship models in this game. I am not going to say something about the OP and I fly the Nandi, which is a very good ship as it performs, but I am all the time wondering, does look like a space ship? Does it? Really?

It seems I am not the only one that is puzzled.
  • Options
    fovrel wrote: »

Just as ship models in this game. I am not going to say something about the OP and I fly the Nandi, which is a very good ship as it performs, but I am all the time wondering, does look like a space ship? Does it? Really?

It seem I am not the only one that is puzzled.

Well it looks more like a spaceship, than the breen ones do... People seem perfectly willing to accept those.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Well it looks more like a spaceship, than the breen ones do... People seem perfectly willing to accept those.

They look more like a spaceship than a cube does ;)
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015

They look more like a spaceship than a cube does ;)

They look more like a spaceship than... wait

71b.jpg
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    PS, The Nandi looks no weirder than the Galor.

And no stranger looking then a klingon...though klingons smell alot worse :D
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Still, I'll have what he's having.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User

I myself would prefer a well aged bottle of romulan ale :)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I suspect it might cause brain damage....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Mark's right... it's not the healthy kind that doesn't mess you up... it's the one that makes you ramble on about wtf?
  • Options
    don't leave us hanging! What's the funny thing about resonance pulses???
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    don't know, must have been a ferengi thing. I got killed just after that... and then killed... and then killed. Then I remembered you move better if you turn the engines on.
    New ship, haven't read the manual yet.​​
  • Options
    Nandi_zpsbgkvwnko.png​​

Yes... We all know what the D'kora looks like... What's your point?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    [/quote]
    Real spaceships look like this:

000_gyi0056486029.si.jpg
    apollo-command-and-service-module.jpg

That pretty much means the only "real" looking space ship in Star Trek would be the Cochrane's Phoenix.

Star Trek has its own rules at what a space ship requires... And the 0th rule is probably the rule of cool.

Though as much as I can enjoy asymmetric designs, it seems to me that it is unlikely there would ever be a good reason to build a ship like that. But it still looks cool.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Real spaceships look like this:

000_gyi0056486029.si.jpg
    apollo-command-and-service-module.jpg

That pretty much means the only "real" looking space ship in Star Trek would be the Cochrane's Phoenix.

Star Trek has its own rules at what a space ship requires... And the 0th rule is probably the rule of cool.

Though as much as I can enjoy asymmetric designs, it seems to me that it is unlikely there would ever be a good reason to build a ship like that. But it still looks cool.​​[/quote]

Those aren't technically spaceships, but rather inter-planetary transports.