test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread for the Badlands Battlezone

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to send feedback or issues found for the new Badlands Battlezone.

Badlands Battlezone:
  • The Badlands Battlezone is a new area for all level 60 captains and is accessible from the Alpha Quadrant.
  • Fight the Terran Empire who is opening portals into the Badlands to stage an invasion into our universe.
  • Completion of objectives in the Badlands Battlezone will award new Terran Empire marks, used for advancing through the Terran Task Force reputation.
  • Participation also awards Expertise and Dilithium.
  • This is still a work in progress.
  • For more information, please visit the Badlands Battlezone blog at: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9590413-star-trek-online:-badlands-battlezeone

Comments

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    So Far I like the Zone. Although this ridiculous Popup we Get whenever we try and talk to anything is really annoying.
    • U.S.S. Malinche should have the Registry NCC-38997-A or some other letter
    • The Terran Boss Base, needs Terran Markings and the Sword Logo.
    • Boss Base Completion UI, Still has a Planet Killer Picture on it.
    • Overlapping Audio when Leeta Arrives
    • The I.S.S. Enterprise has Plot Armor and is unkillable she needs at least 10X the Hull Strength, or she will be sitting at 0 HP and not be killable which is an issue
    • Mirror Leeta Doesn't De-Spawn when the Fleet Leaves
    Post edited by primar13 on
  • Options
    tiberiusdangertiberiusdanger Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The "Badlands" was a region of space located in Sector 04-70 of the Alpha Quadrant. A segment of the border between the United Federation of Planets and the Cardassian Union was located in this region. The Badlands were known for intense plasma storms and gravitational anomalies. For that reason, it was commonly avoided by most interstellar traffic

So, I like the zone, but I think the plasma storms should be more of a threat, maybe randomly appearing and doing significant damage to ships that get caught in them. I'm not sure how you would work in the gravitational anomalies except maybe have currents and/or areas that are not easy to fly through much like the Dyson Sphere.

Anyway, aside from the above I have so far enjoyed the zone and have actually been looking forward to this for some time. The one thing I would suggest is add missions like the Dyson Ground.
    Post edited by tiberiusdanger on
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I have so say, I disagree with the entirety of that post above me. This zone feels challenging, but I was able to solo points just fine, even with a few deaths here and there. I'm certainly glad there's no pointless command credit concept in the space zones, which is the only thing you're rewarded with for preventing recaptures in the Voth zone. (That's not to say I wouldn't appreciate a reward being added for that.) The only things I prefer about the Voth BZ over the Undine BZ is that it's on the ground, which I actually like more for this type of content, the rewards for the bosses are higher, and it has those three day/one hourly missions that motivate you to actually stay in the zone instead of capping one point for your daily bonus marks and moving onto other content. The near death stuff is total hyperbole considering the Voth BZ is often just as "dead" as the Undine one.

Anyway, with those counterpoints aside, some of my own feedback: We seemed to get hit by a bug earlier: Another player and I did all the interacts around Empok Nor, but its shield never dropped, and our progress halted at halfway. I noticed the other objectives were at 1/2 and 1/4 respectively, so I figure the problem affected the entire zone. I didn't play through the entire reset to see if it occurred another time.

I like the little tweaks that have been made to the objectives, so that it's not a total clone of the Undine BZ. The new "capture point" style is particularly fun, having to stay near the moving station while the Nebulas try to push you away.

In the Battlezone Rewards dialog, the rewards for defeating one base still refers to it as a planet killer. 2 and 3 are correctly referred to as bases.

-edit-

Yeah, every run I've done is having this issue with the bases staying shielded. Progress keeps getting halted at 1/2 or 1/4. Impressive rewards for a failed run, though.
    Post edited by dragonsbrethren on
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2015

1) Disappointed this is just a Copy/ Paste of the Undine Battlezone.

Mini missions and bosses exactly the same as the Undine Battlezone, except a new skin.

2) Constant CRASHES to Desktop.

This has been happening since the Cardassian Arc revamp missions were first added. Suspect serious conflicts with Windows 10.

3) Low FPS due to Environment.

4) Content is for DPSers!?

I know it's just been released for testing and likely be adjusted. But right now the level is so high that that the Battlezone very much appears is intended for DPSers and not casual players. You got to remember that DPSers are a minority and while they want more challenging content, it should not come at the expense of causal players who play for fun. And playing with their own builds and their favorite ships.

Now here is Battlezone Feedback:

Mirror Portal: No matter how you see it, it is the same exact as the Undine Battlezone. And brings nothing new for the challenge.

Plasma / Starbase: I'm not sure if the scaling from the previous battlezones are working, and if so, the Starbase has just an insane amount of HPs for a solo player to defeat. Which will make it harder for low-population instances.

Federation Starbase Boss Battle: Activated both beams, shields did not drop. Obviously bugged.

(FYI, has UFP logo than Terran Empire. And KDF should be KDF-Card Alliance or Alliance Starbase for short).

Overall, I'm giving the Badland Battlezone an F. The constant crashes and the literal copy/paste job of the Undine Battlezone, really kills any enthusiasm for Season 11. Especially with the the Mirror Reputation being also a copy / paste job. There literally isn't anything new to do, just "more of the same". And that's why I gave this an F.
    Post edited by azurianstar on
  • Options
    intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    While disabling portal generators, stages 2 and 3, I received the following error "Interact_List: Accessing list model without updating." in a white popup window.
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is a copy of the undine zone, and a succes gain (plasma controller, portal generator or power station) is 42 dilithium :(
    the season 11 contents seems to me poor, no originality.
    Post edited by doublecha on
    Qapla'
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Screen to prove that errors above exist: jLpP5vA.png
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

No, it is not. It's for level 60 players. If I was able to solo points using Mk XII dil store gear from this reputation, with the wrong tactical consoles, no one should have trouble with them in a group.

Actually, the points where you have to destroy the station are more fun with lower damage. I know it's tough to balance this stuff, but I almost feel the stations should have more HP. I shouldn't be having to interact to remove the shield a few seconds after targeting the station. It wasn't an issue when I was soloing, but as soon as we got a few people on the same point it was.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    Disappointing copy&paste, terrible, just terrible, do not advertise season 11 as new content, it does not deserve that qualification.
  • Options
    cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I just tried it, it hurt my eyes, I needed to drink 2 beers and it still didn't help! Too much of the same color! Also at the end, when there were 3 main enemy stations left, the shields could not be lowered no matter what we did.
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I just tried it, it hurt my eyes, I needed to drink 2 beers and it still didn't help! Too much of the same color! Also at the end, when there were 3 main enemy stations left, the shields could not be lowered no matter what we did.

100 latinum strips say this bug will not be fixed before they release season 11.
  • Options

No, it is not. It's for level 60 players. If I was able to solo points using Mk XII dil store gear from this reputation, with the wrong tactical consoles,.

Are you saying I'm not Level 60?

And what do you classify as "wrong tactical consoles?" What Mk14 Energy Consoles wrong? Fleet Tactical Consoles wrong? Only thing wrong is if a person using a console that has nothing to do with the weapons they have equipped.
    no one should have trouble with them in a group.

If you're not testing the content as a soloist, then you are doing a disservice to the STO community, because after a month, when the majority of the players got their Mirror Reputations completed, the Battlezone's population will drop. Just like the Dyson Battlezone and the Undine Battlezone. Which means if they are unable to do the content solo, then they will stop doing the Battlezone altogether and leave it as a dead zone and ultimately Dev Time wasted.
    Actually, the points where you have to destroy the station are more fun with lower damage. I know it's tough to balance this stuff, but I almost feel the stations should have more HP. I shouldn't be having to interact to remove the shield a few seconds after targeting the station. It wasn't an issue when I was soloing, but as soon as we got a few people on the same point it was.

If it was solo-player content, then I would be inclined to agree. It would be somewhat of a welcome challenge.

But Battlezones are a zone-wide player cooperative, which means the content should be achievable in under 5 minutes solo, or faster with more people. Not taking 15 minutes for a single location. Because if players are focused at one spot, then the other locations would be retaken by the NPCs and they have to start all over again.

And this is thinking months ahead with low populations where the Battlezone has a population of 4-7 people, like the current state of the Undine Battlezone.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    The testing does not bode well for season copy and paste.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

No, it is not. It's for level 60 players. If I was able to solo points using Mk XII dil store gear from this reputation, with the wrong tactical consoles,.

And what do you classify as "wrong tactical consoles?" What Mk14 Energy Consoles wrong? Fleet Tactical Consoles wrong? Only thing wrong is if a person using a console that has nothing to do with the weapons they have equipped.

No, I'm saying level 60 content is going to be tougher for a level 60 player than level 50 content (the Undine BZ) is. Even with your level scaled down, you're still potentially stronger as a level 60 player in that content than a level 50 is. Specializations, higher mark gear, story gear (no longer) available before 60, etc. don't go away just because your level is scaled. I wish some of it did, but that's a completely different discussion.

As for the Tactical consoles, they are fleet consoles, so yeah, there's critical stat improvements, but those extra crits don't make up for the fact that they're Plasma energy consoles being used with Disruptor weapons. Is it unreasonable for me to expect a level 60 player to actually match their tactical consoles to their energy type, or is that being too DPS centric?
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,486 Arc User
    Some bugs I have noticed.

1) Admiral Leetas ship, it reached 0% while we were fighting in the wave. However, she continued to fight (using abilities) but didnt explode or warp out or anything. Is she supposed to warp out/explode or are you guys still working on the BBZ so we will see what is supposed to happen in a future TP.

2) Mirror universe ship destroyed count int he last wave, had 1300 ships. Now I know we didnt destroy that many so a glitch in the count?

Apart from that, I havent noticed any bugs in the BBZ yet, if I find anymore I will give a shout out :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options

No, I'm saying level 60 content is going to be tougher for a level 60 player than level 50 content (the Undine BZ) is. Even with your level scaled down, you're still potentially stronger as a level 60 player in that content than a level 50 is. Specializations, higher mark gear, story gear (no longer) available before 60, etc. don't go away just because your level is scaled. I wish some of it did, but that's a completely different discussion.

As for the Tactical consoles, they are fleet consoles, so yeah, there's critical stat improvements, but those extra crits don't make up for the fact that they're Plasma energy consoles being used with Disruptor weapons. Is it unreasonable for me to expect a level 60 player to actually match their tactical consoles to their energy type, or is that being too DPS centric?

I don't disagree that content should be tougher at 60. But as I pointed out, if you have a low population instance, points have to be taken solo in order to trigger the boss in order to earn the Reputation Item(s).

As for the consoles, it's unwise to assume all players are in fleets or even have the Fleet Credits to purchase Fleet consoles or equipment. Even with the crafting system, it shouldn't really be assumed people would even be equipped in Very Rare or higher quality items. That's why you have to lower the bar so these casual players can do the content and not discouraged enough to go to a competitor.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User

1) Disappointed this is just a Copy/ Paste of the Undine Battlezone.

Mini missions and bosses exactly the same as the Undine Battlezone, except a new skin.

Agreed. Really does look like STO is in it's deaththrows.

I know it's just been released for testing and likely be adjusted. But right now the level is so high that that the Battlezone very much appears is intended for DPSers and not casual players. You got to remember that DPSers are a minority and while they want more challenging content, it should not come at the expense of causal players who play for fun. And playing with their own builds and their favorite ships.

If it were for DPSers, I'd atleast need to buff. As it is, I just need to set my weapons to autofire and pop polarize hull every so often to resist tractor beam repulsors. It's mind numbingly easy. So easy I'm not going to bother visiting it when it goes live
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    The power station progress is much too slow.
    Qapla'
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    3) Low FPS due to Environment.
    This sounds like the same nonsense that plagues many Delta Quadrant maps... how this got past QA, let alone remains (to my knowledge) to this day, puzzles me.
  • Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    BADLANDS - BattleZone -

(1) The "power generators" for the stations do not function, You can see the generator, but there is no way to interact and lower the shields on the target stations and destroy them. This was consistent in the three runs I did and the stations retreated with shields intact;

(2) NPC Buff - Once again Cryptic has stacked against the player base.

--There are numerous Torp Volleys from the Dreads and SCI NPC's that hit with damage in excess of 70,000 and seem to be a continuous stream, i.e. Tholian Carriers - Crystalline Entity;
    -- In the two runs I participated in, just about every hit from an NPC was a CRIT against my toon;
    -- NPC core breeches are OP and DO NOT damage any NPC ships within the blast radius, but can one-shot players;
    -- NPC's have another unique damage type (Tetryon cascade or something similiar) from Beams and another one from torps, that Cryptic has allowed to stack for higher damage against the player (just like the Iconian space and ground);

(3) Manouvering - I noticed that I could manouver and "fly" at normal speed and/or buff to turn/impulse. However, as soon as the Terrans warped in, impulse dropped to 25% or less and turning dropped to @4, in my Raptor (@22).

(4) Copy of Voth Space BZ - who cares. As far as I can tell, it does play like the Voth BZ, but then again, any other "Space BattleZone" would be similar as well. If one wanted to, players could compare and/or make similiartiesof it to "Gates of Grethor", "Crystalline Entity" or others. You warp in, take out the NPC fodder, blow up the Boss, game over.

(5) BIG PLUS - There's none of the power robbing Probes, Solar Gateways, etc, that Cryptic introduced with the Iconians that stack drains against the player and Player Pets can't target/attack, or "Raiders" that can deal 45,000 dps and not suffer any collateral damage from their "Blue-Bulb-Ramming-and-I-don't- get-hurt" "special" ability.

TYVM.. Have fun.. Be nice to each other..
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I just tried it, it hurt my eyes, I needed to drink 2 beers and it still didn't help! Too much of the same color!

Indeed :( Maybe if the backrounds would be tooned down a little...

f2pdrakron wrote: »

Battlezone are not queues, they are not mean to be "challenging" especially to ticked out Tribble Warriors with their Mk IV Gold, Rep Gear and All Specializations complete.

Battlezones are for all players, Lv 60's in free Lv 40's token ships with at best 10 points in Spec because without it ... they cannot do squat, they can only leech off the 110k DPSers as long they are around in there, otherwise the place is impossible.

The Undine Battlezone was taking every WRONG aspect of the Dyson Battlezone, you complained about the tokens but I will point out the ONLY reason recapture works on Dyson IS because we can reinforce the point, otherwise its just a badly disguised timer until the point resets.

Without it, the mechanic doesnt work ... its a timer but without players being told that it is or being able to do anything about it without TRIBBLE thenselves.

Point in case why this is a DPS only area.

Yes, it is ... in fact I am going to say I tried to take a point solo and I could not do it and this was with a T6 ship with ways to deal with the interrupt system that was pretty decently gear, yet I could not do it despite being quite capable of soling Dyson points for most part (Omega and Capture are still a bit "iffy" in a Sci) yet I completely fail to do in both Undine and in this one.

If Space Battlegrounds are nothing but group content disguised as not them I am not going to waste my time in it.

This is my warning that I am quite sure will be ignored by the developers ... this is UNSOLABLE and will be deserted in 3 months because content is designed for groups but offers NO incentives to play in the area, it have ALL the flaws of the Undine Battlezone and Duty Officer Assigments is no substituent for marks.

Also, no ... Voth Battlezone isnt deserted and even if it was, I would still be able to complete Dyson Reputation with it ... never mind I dont even have to use it for that as Dyson Space Zone have missions for players to complete their daily.

Mirror Universe Reputation doesnt, its a queue only rep.

100% agree. Its way too hard as it is now. Even if I did soloed the 3 diffrent type of points, it was such a horrible experience. It takes foreever, bars are moving really slow and enemies are just keep coming very fast waves upon waves. It will be pretty much deserted very fast, been very difficult and becouse less players can and will atend it as is a lvl 60 only :(
    As been a copy/paste... Not all type of capture points seem so. In fact, I actually wouldve love that, since the only point I liked was the one with shutting down the 3 portal generators.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    maddscott wrote: »
    BADLANDS - BattleZone -

(1) The "power generators" for the stations do not function, You can see the generator, but there is no way to interact and lower the shields on the target stations and destroy them. This was consistent in the three runs I did and the stations retreated with shields intact;

(2) NPC Buff - Once again Cryptic has stacked against the player base.

--There are numerous Torp Volleys from the Dreads and SCI NPC's that hit with damage in excess of 70,000 and seem to be a continuous stream, i.e. Tholian Carriers - Crystalline Entity;
    -- In the two runs I participated in, just about every hit from an NPC was a CRIT against my toon;
    -- NPC core breeches are OP and DO NOT damage any NPC ships within the blast radius, but can one-shot players;
    -- NPC's have another unique damage type (Tetryon cascade or something similiar) from Beams and another one from torps, that Cryptic has allowed to stack for higher damage against the player (just like the Iconian space and ground);

(3) Manouvering - I noticed that I could manouver and "fly" at normal speed and/or buff to turn/impulse. However, as soon as the Terrans warped in, impulse dropped to 25% or less and turning dropped to @4, in my Raptor (@22).

(4) Copy of Voth Space BZ - who cares. As far as I can tell, it does play like the Voth BZ, but then again, any other "Space BattleZone" would be similar as well. If one wanted to, players could compare and/or make similiartiesof it to "Gates of Grethor", "Crystalline Entity" or others. You warp in, take out the NPC fodder, blow up the Boss, game over.

(5) BIG PLUS - There's none of the power robbing Probes, Solar Gateways, etc, that Cryptic introduced with the Iconians that stack drains against the player and Player Pets can't target/attack, or "Raiders" that can deal 45,000 dps and not suffer any collateral damage from their "Blue-Bulb-Ramming-and-I-don't- get-hurt" "special" ability.

TYVM.. Have fun.. Be nice to each other..

1. This is a known issue and has been fixed internally. Thanks for the report.

2. Can you point us at what NPC's have this anomalous crit rate or damage? We've not been seeing this in internal testing.

3. Is it possible you were being held by a Tractor Beam or something similar? Again, a screenshot of this happening would be great towards narrowing down the cause.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Some bugs I have noticed.

1) Admiral Leetas ship, it reached 0% while we were fighting in the wave. However, she continued to fight (using abilities) but didnt explode or warp out or anything. Is she supposed to warp out/explode or are you guys still working on the BBZ so we will see what is supposed to happen in a future TP.

2) Mirror universe ship destroyed count int he last wave, had 1300 ships. Now I know we didnt destroy that many so a glitch in the count?

Apart from that, I havent noticed any bugs in the BBZ yet, if I find anymore I will give a shout out :)

Thank you for the reports. These have been fixed internally. :)
  • Options
    maddscott wrote: »

"Who cares?" Don't you think that sets a bad precedent for returning players when they expect new, and it's "the same thing"? Players want to do new things with new events, not "the same ol" or "recycled".

So saying "who cares" is really saying "who cares what happens about STO". Because disillusioned players means they stop playing. And that means STO is one more person closer towards shutdown or maintance mode. And I don't think anyone of us wants to see that. Right?
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    My lvl 60 klingon's best ship is the T6 heavy destroyer, and I think the plasma controllers are OP. Killing me from 20km is not fun. I don't have the gear that most people have. I only have mk xii's. I could not survive this area. Could not get far enough away fast enough to heal. Could not get in range of the target before I was dead again. Did I mention that this was not fun and makes feel like I don't belong there. On another note I saw no copy/paste. I call Bull$@%& on that. I've been all over the other BZ, and except for the concept of BZ this place IS UNIQUE.
  • Options
    Just spent the time between the previous post and this one trying to do the Plasma Controller again. It was like spitting into the wind. I had more luck staying alive but that meant long periods of running until I could heal. That also meant decloaking at 5km, BO with DBB, CRF with quad cannon and DHC, Undine photon fore,omega torp aft, heavy turret barrage, and the kitchen sink for 5% of it's health and usually 60% of mine as I run for 21km to get out of range. With two ships it should like cake with aside of pie but I don't see normal players like me doing this solo. Made my way over to power station beta. That was considerably more fun because I think I get this one. I could not complete it alone but I see how it could be done so I can't say I feel I wasted my time. I'm going to adjust some things and try again.
  • Options
    Power Station Delta Secure. It took a looong time but I'm glad I stuck with it and figured it out. This time there was no respawning and not much runnin' except to keep up with the station. So. the power stations can be done solo. There was some drifting, power sliding, and some surfing but we left them "Powerless". Also, it has been decided by myself and the other tactical officers on my ship. TBR sucks. We took a vote. One last thing before I shut down for the night. I apologize for crudeness of my earlier comment on the copy/paste issue. However, the Badlands is no more the Undine BZ than a Dali is a Picasso. I mean I was looking for the familiar to try and give myself some sort of advantage and all I saw were the differences.