test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who wants a Re-Everything Token added to the Zen Store?

strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
Would you like to see a Re-Everything token added to the Zen Store? So a token where you could change, your species, career, gender and name?

I understand that at the moment Cryptic have more opportunity to make money off of new characters (you know having to purchase all the services for a new toon such as bank, doff etc slots, lockboxes for all the traits, ships etc for that toon) But other games offer this service and I think Cryptic would make more money allowing people to buy Re-Everything tokens.

Who wants a Re-Everything Token added to the Zen Store? 76 votes

Yes - I wanna change my male Sci Borg into a female Tac Joined Trill now! :-)
23%
coldnapalmalexraptorrsekritagentsaiwotgradiijohnstewardalcyoneserenetarran61damainxstroruseliwood44445wintermutevresoriginalshakkarbanatinetrekpuppyelywaerhanover2xiesha911 18 votes
Yes - I would be happy with a only tokens that changed certain elements, ie, species, gender and/or career.
46%
ikonn#1068zulisvelbones1970dragnockmattjohnsonvagulberatjonathanlonehawksmokeybacon90hyple30ernestkodachikunopeterconnorfirstmayito2009crashdragonsohtohcriminiusgroomofweirdraiggedevilkiller98markdb 35 votes
No - I'm happy making and leveling a new character everytime I want a change.
30%
kirimuffinshpoksoldravenman3025rahmkota19vegeta50024dirlettiahravikscarlingcaptiannemo117tunebreakerryugasiriusangrytargwardcalismainakiralynstofskmessahlaxyquarzescrooge69johnnymo1 23 votes

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Yes - I would be happy with a only tokens that changed certain elements, ie, species, gender and/or career.
    IIRC Cryptic has expressed a desire to do this, due to demand over the years. Still needs work I imagine, but I don't think it's too far out of reach.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    I think a better way would be to make fewer stuff character specific and make more stuff account specific, so if you have some widget thingy that is bound to character and you'd really like to instead have it on a different character, you could just transfer it over. Wouldn't that be a lot less work and maybe something the current Cryptic modders could figure out how to do? Make stuff bound to account? Of course that does not provide for your Bruce-to-Cait wishes, but be honest, do you really trust Cryptic to get that right anyway?
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    More options normally = better, although I don't have a male liberated borg character (or any liberated borg)

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    this is one of the few games that ive ever played that didn't have the race/gender change options

theres a few others out there that don't, but none of the franchised ones minus this one
    EQ series has it
    Star wars has it
    Final Fantasy has it

hell im pretty sure WoW has it too?

never ever played and still wont.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Such a token could be useful but how expensive should it be, because grinders would grind for it except if the price is right they would probably buy it. and how many time could you buy such a token because if everybody just could change everything with one token people would stop buying stuff. I think it would be wise if such a token can only be used 3 times on a character, also faction locked once choose a faction like FED you can't change the whole stats to KDF or ROM. All that will change is the alien further more you will loose all ships in the shipyard except those you bought with zen will stay in the zen store but would be removed from the fleet yard.

Change the char would save your skill level, EC, ZEN, Dill all other stuff like items, ships, Bridge Officers all items in the bank will be lost when changing your char.

Something like this ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • xiesha911xiesha911 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Yes - I wanna change my main Sci into a Tac now!...
    And i will pay for that alot ZEN...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Where is the "Suck it up" option?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    As a minimum, I would like the option of a re-species token.

The big "new species" I'm shooting for is a Cardassian. The trouble is, I've had an alien-gen Cardassian as my main since I started the game right after F2P and rerolling, re-grinding, and redoing EVERYTHING I have done for him would take way, way more time than I consider even remotely feasible. If a respecies token were offered, though, after the Cardassian species became playable Fed-side, I would consider a species change token if the trade-offs of doing so looked reasonable.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Career token is most important. Species/Gender would be nice to have too.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,267 Arc User
    bunansa wrote: »
    this is one of the few games that ive ever played that didn't have the race/gender change options

theres a few others out there that don't, but none of the franchised ones minus this one
    EQ series has it
    Star wars has it
    Final Fantasy has it

hell im pretty sure WoW has it too?

never ever played and still wont.

WRONG....
    Don't know what "Star wars" you referring here. If SWTOR...then you can't either:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/33k5q8/gender_change/​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    I would like to see such a feature added, for selfish reasons I suppose lol!
    I'd love to be able to make my Trill science officer a Joined Trill. This of all possibilitys seems very logical to me canonically speaking, and I am happy to pay for the luxury of course.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    xiesha911 wrote: »
    Yes - I wanna change my main Sci into a Tac now!...
    Career token is most important.

As logical as those are, given that they are basically just jobs and changing jobs is a common thing, that is the one thing I don't see happening even if species and gender changes are made possible.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    While this sort of thing would be "nice", I don't see it ever happening given all the things that are tied to your gender/career/species. The amount of work that would be required to remove equipment from your toon, take some uniform off you and stick on a default one and I'm sure many, many other issues, would just not be worth it. And then there's Romulans. They'd have to be completely exempt from a species change.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I don't personally need the option myself as I love starting out from scratch and playing through again, but I wouldn't want to deprive anyone else of the ability to do that, so I'd have to side with those thinking this might be a good idea.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Changing species would be nice.
    Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    I would make use of gender or profession respec tokens, but I have to say no to species changes.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Saying that other players shouldn't have the option just because you don't need it is just wrong.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    People really need to learn to live with consequences and stand by what they did before instead of changing their direction the second the wind starts blowing from the opposite direction.

My personal opinion is - as another poster said - "suck it up" and I would add the sarcastic bit to it "you aren't going to get first place in the dps race even after you changed everything" pig-2.gif In all seriousness, though: For me, creating a character is a semi-permanent choice. I play this character as I see fit and I make the best of it. If I want to change that I can delete it and start anew or buy character slots and try something different.

What I would welcome, however, were free respecs or at least respeccing with in-game currency (no RL money equivalents) - that's pretty standard for MMOs. What I also would like is a "inheritance" option - delete a character and a certain amount of character bound equipment is transferred to a new character or to a account "chest" that you can pick stuff from when creating a new chracter. This way you don't lose unique items when you delete a character. This function could be limited in the amount of times you are allowed to "inherit" an item.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Considering they still didn't make the character rename token actually work proplerly I highly doubt they will go beyond that.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Considering they still didn't make the character rename token actually work proplerly I highly doubt they will go beyond that.

Despite the fact that I like the OP’s idea I’m not optimistic here as well.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    little point in voting for this one way or the other, it has already been stated by cryptic that as these things are all set in the character creator they cannot be reset without effectively destroying your character and thus losing everything that character has gained in the process.

there is a simple alternative, make sure the character you create is the one you want in the first place.

what I would like to see is the ability for your character to learn other professions so you could effectively end up with a character who is tack/eng/sci and can complete tasks for any field.

the goal of the Starfleet philosophy is for people to better themselves, what better way to do this then to learn new abilities.

why should a scientist not also be a proficient engineer and tactician.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    People really need to learn to live with consequences and stand by what they did before instead of changing their direction the second the wind starts blowing from the opposite direction.

My personal opinion is - as another poster said - "suck it up" and I would add the sarcastic bit to it "you aren't going to get first place in the dps race even after you changed everything" pig-2.gif In all seriousness, though: For me, creating a character is a semi-permanent choice. I play this character as I see fit and I make the best of it. If I want to change that I can delete it and start anew or buy character slots and try something different.​​

The reason I am suggesting re-species be allowed is that if you have created an alien-gen toon, and that species then becomes playable on your faction, all you would really be doing is acknowledging the choices you already tried to make but we're not yet offered as options. I'd just like to make my Cardassian-alien an actual Cardassian someday if the species becomes playable Fed-side. There are a few changes between alien-gen toons and standard species (1 less trait slot but the addition of inherent species bonuses) but all in all, re-species would IMO be far, far less disruptive to the game than being allowed to change careers at will.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Yes to "Re-Everything" token.

I wouldn't need it, but why restrict the option for others who would, and who otherwise wouldn't re-roll a main character ever, and therefore be stuck with a character they don't fully enjoy?

The only reasons I could see it being a more restrictive token is so PWE/Cryptic doesn't loose out from investments going into multiple toons/factions/fleets, unless of course such a re-everything token would be so expensive and predictably so popular as to more than offset the potential loss. Multiple toons have their own benefits as it is, so that element shouldn't be too bad.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    how about a 'unbind all toon bound equipment' token' that seems like it would less work to program
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    The reason I am suggesting re-species be allowed is that if you have created an alien-gen toon, and that species then becomes playable on your faction, all you would really be doing is acknowledging the choices you already tried to make but we're not yet offered as options. I'd just like to make my Cardassian-alien an actual Cardassian someday if the species becomes playable Fed-side. There are a few changes between alien-gen toons and standard species (1 less trait slot but the addition of inherent species bonuses) but all in all, re-species would IMO be far, far less disruptive to the game than being allowed to change careers at will.

That's perfectly understandable and I wouldn't oppose to such a token or whatever mechanic for players like you. It's just that I personally wouldn't use them and I think the amount of players having alien characters that suddenly get a proper playable race when regular players didn't get a new playable race in five years (LoR excluded) doesn't seem very likely. If it happens, though, I understand your wish and wouldn't oppose.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • criminiuscriminius Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    For years i wanted only for species(only your faction specific)\gender change tokens. It is mostly welcomed cosmetical changes!
    Career tokens is NOT a good idea. Everything that directly affecting you fighting skills (except existing skills and other respecs) should remain unchanged.
  • captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I think a better way would be to make fewer stuff character specific and make more stuff account specific, so if you have some widget thingy that is bound to character and you'd really like to instead have it on a different character, you could just transfer it over. Wouldn't that be a lot less work and maybe something the current Cryptic modders could figure out how to do?

I like this idea better, it's easier to do. On most reputation tabs (in my experience) every time I start a project, most of the reward box items are bound to character. So what I end up with, are ship phaser weapons on my Klingon toon, and ship disruptor weapons on my Fed-aligned Rom! Can I just exchange their stuff please?
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
  • wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Don't really want to change anything atm but it would be nice to have that option. Esp since STO became so alt-unfriendly.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Honestly there shouldn't be a gender token.
    They should just let us change gender at will in the Customization Interface, seeing as how gender appears to have no impact on game content.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I would definately buy a token to convert to other species. (If we ever get true Cardassians)
    Vorcha_forward.jpg