test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for the changes to leveling curve

timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
Apparently the German Community manager are a tad faster with their blogs.
http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9596513-update-der-mindestlevel-für-episoden

Just want to say, thank you for this much requested and needed change.
This should make the leveling experience much better in the future.

For all non German speaking players.

Delta Rising minimum levels will be reduced to 50-56 and Iconian War minimum levels to 56-59. Kobali Front changes to 52-54.

Changes will go into effect with Season 11.
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    This shoould help my alts a lot :) I also like the following bit about rewards as it means they are not reducing them further :*
    We wish to emphasize that these updates apply only to the minimum level of these episodes and not to the rewards (skill points, Dilithium etc.) impact or other aspects of the episodes. In addition, all existing episodes that are not part of the above storylines, retain their current minimum level and position in the STO story.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    English version:

The development team of Star Trek Online is incredibly proud of all the stories we have told so far. With the completion of Iconian war we could install a Grand Finale for an act which was in operation for almost six years. And as we prepare for the next chapter of STO, we wanted to ensure that all players, new and old, have a chance to experience the current story and her finale. Therefore, we will reduce the minimum level for the Games of the episodes of Iconian war and many other episodes in the Delta Quadrant.

Currently need the episodes in the Delta Quadrant Level 50 to Level 60, and all episodes of Iconian war have a minimum level of 60. With Season 11: New Dawn, which begins on 27 October, the episodes of the Delta Quadrant is a minimum level of 50 to 56, and the episodes of Iconian war have a minimum level 56-59. For more information just have a look in your mission log.

Since the Adventure Zone is bound to Kobali Prime in the act of the Delta Quadrant, and their minimum level has been adjusted from the current 54 to 58 to 52 to 54, which they then fit the remaining Delta Quadrant Story. With this update we will also use a new system that puts the player's effective combat level to a certain value, which is scaled by each area of the map instead of the entire map. This means that your strength in the trenches of Kobali Prime is now on an effective combat level of 52 (53 for the mountain slopes and 54 for Vaadwaur basis) adjusted.

We wish to emphasize that these updates apply only to the minimum level of these episodes and not to the rewards (skill points, Dilithium etc.) impact or other aspects of the episodes. In addition, all existing episodes that are not part of the above storylines, retain their current minimum level and position in the STO story.

The end of the Iconian war has given us a unique opportunity to review the progress of existing episodes. While the game and its history continue to develop, we will be installing upcoming episodes in this updated course.

Charles Gray
    Lead Content Designer
    Star Trek Online

WOW Season 11 STARTs on OCTOBER 27...dino1-1.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Interesting and definitely welcome.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    October 27th? Is that the first time the date for season 11 was confirmed? Blargh... was thinking it would be sooner than that.

Also, leveling the Kobali ground zone down to 52-54? Well, I guess it's better than Nimbus. It's not exactly a thrill being a fleet admiral and getting commander level drops there. I guess on Kobali Prime it doesn't matter so much since we're already getting screwed over by Cryptic's decision that we shouldn't get level-appropriate drops after Mk. XII and should instead have to pay dilithium to upgrade everything...
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Well then. Of all the things coming in S11 this is now probably my favorite. My alts will actually see some use now instead of just being banks. This is great news.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    timelord79 wrote: »

Well, they are a few timezones in the future than California. ;)

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »

Well, they are a few timezones in the future than California. ;)

There's also the fact that Trendy was in an accident recently and probably had to get these blogs out to the other STO language communities first. We could possibly see it around noon here, since that's when they used to be posted.

Edit: Noon as in PDT.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Interesting news. But with them mentioning changing Koboli, makes me wonder if we will still be able to get Ancient Power Cells or Iconian Probe Datacores from the Warzone?

Also, are these adjustments the result of them removing stories / missions from the Cardassian Arc?
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    Interesting news. But with them mentioning changing Koboli, makes me wonder if we will still be able to get Ancient Power Cells or Iconian Probe Datacores from the Warzone?

Also, are these adjustments the result of them removing stories / missions from the Cardassian Arc?

Well, it certainly helps to compensate for some mission removals. But a few mid level missions were never the problem.
    it's only now that they have enough leveling content past level 50 that they can reduce the level requirements instead of having to stretch everything to 60.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    As I said in the thread for the blog, it will help shrink the gaps a bit, but it's not nearly enough to get a smooth play of story to story unless you are, and have been for quite some time, getting large amounts of supplemental xp from some source other than episodes. It reduces that need for supplemental xp by about 1/6, at best, and spreads the gaps a little during the 50s.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Yep, that plus admiralty and everyone can stop crying about XP....
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • ragulusragulus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    To be honest i rather looked for something like 'halfed level requirement' because currently from lvl50 we need to get around 170k skill points to get 1 specialization point and that is way too high to those players who only able play 2-3 hours to this game (like me!) so these players cant enjoy the game fully. So lowering the 170k to 80k will be very good.

Hope this will happening soon. I did not ask much. This modification only concern the lvl requirement nothing else (like mission reward).
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Only 12 months too late.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9599783

finally after month of complain from the community

how a pain it was for my lvl 50 characters to get throu the delta arc.... 2 missions FARM EXP 1 mission FARM EXP

I cant say thanks sicne its WAY too late but im happy for every1 who still got lvl 50 toons he want to get throu the arcs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    bernatk wrote: »
    Yep, that plus admiralty and everyone can stop crying about XP....

This doesn't actually do anything to the level curve, title aside, it just lets you play those missions at lower level. It's a good change, but it does absolutely nothing to the progression rates.

Now Admiralty... that might help if you've got a Ship Roster capable of taking advantage of it. We'll have to see what the final rewards are when it goes live, but Admiralty is looking like a promising supplement. It doesn't put us back anywhere near pre-DR rates, and is heavily reliant on the individual character's Admiralty Roster, but it has potential.
    anazonda wrote: »
    Only 12 months too late.

Yeah, that makes the actual blog much more "meh" than the title. The title sounded awesome, almost like they were going to address the Delta Rising level curve or something. :wink:
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Now, how long did it take for the devs to listen to the players complaining about the Leveling problems in Delta Rising? Players complained about it while it was on tribble, and it took an ENTIRE SEASON for them to make the change. Shows that the devs should be listening to the players more and more often.

As for the level cap changes to the Delta Arc, all I can say is ABOUT DAMN TIME.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I hated this change, its not FAIR! Just a couple of weeks ago i got all my toons to 60, they had to wait n grind for nearly a year to get through the entire delta rising arc. I'm a casual player so it took that long.
    I'm sure many other players had to hit the leveling wall a bunch too.

Why can't you do it?

BUT........i take this as good news for season 11 and maybe they just lay out the season at once like delta rising instead of FE weekly replay grind fest parsing out episodes as the iconian war arc was. Because if it was all level 60 content many people couldnt play.

It just goes to show if that many people whine and complain the establishment will eventually cave.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    A welcomed change. Late, granted, but better late than never. :3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Very welcomed change. Props to the STO team for listening to player feedback.

The level requirements as they are now just make no sense. This change will really help characters leveling from 50-60 and take out a lot of the 'grind' at this level range.

Well done indeed.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Level requirement reductions? I'll take it! Now all my alts can finish their storylines without farming for XP anymore in other areas.

'Bout time though...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    TRIBBLE... They aren't giving us Season 11 till the 27th...
    I was hoping it would be sometime next week while I was on vacation.
    Dang
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I honestly didn't have many points where my character progress was stalled, due to level restriction.
    There was a bit of a grinding I needed to do from 59-60, as I was locked out of some of the Delta Mission on my Delta recruit.
    Although I can see others having more issues, as I had been doffing, and doing the odd pve, to supplement some XP along the way.

Good change though. It sounds like others had some real issues with this. Guess I got lucky it never really affected me. other then a little at 59 - 60 point in the story line.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    glad to see this change, not for myself as all my characters are lv60 and I never had any problem levelling up anyhow but at least it might quieten the gripes from players who prefer to play missions without too much delay.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    yes, thx for this change, my level 57 fed eng is going to take some rest until october 27 :)
  • gp86gp86 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    ragulus wrote: »
    To be honest i rather looked for something like 'halfed level requirement' because currently from lvl50 we need to get around 170k skill points to get 1 specialization point and that is way too high to those players who only able play 2-3 hours to this game (like me!) so these players cant enjoy the game fully. So lowering the 170k to 80k will be very good.

Hope this will happening soon. I did not ask much. This modification only concern the lvl requirement nothing else (like mission reward).

Yeah, but the changes mean people can now actually play much of the story now without massive amounts of mindless grinding just to qualify for the level requirements for each episode.

That is a HUGE win.

That is true but only the story arc progression. But i did not mean just that i mean the full gameplay progression like getting specialization points to progress with the Intell/Command/Pilot Tree a little quicker. I'm sure even you know how much time needed to grind up 170k skill points. I am speaking for those people who cant remain online for 24/7. Only a few hours per day. So yes... the quickest way to either grind skill points are probably waiting for bonus skillpoints event to get more skill points from missions or basicaly anything to reach sooner the 170k pool for 1 lvl and get 1 specializaton point or wait until STO team release another story episode to get a weekly 1spec point (I swear they were time when i got 2 spec point/week).

These are the options.