test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you vote for an Epsilon/Omega Hybrid?

vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
Kitbash of the Epsilon & Omega designs - ALL CRYPTIC PROPERTY
[SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Oh the humanity.... Oh the insanity.... Oh the Empty Queue bugs....

Would you vote for an Epsilon/Omega Hybrid? 66 votes

Yes
59%
trickypingu#9526ikonn#1068dabelgravekimonysf911mustrumridcully0reyan01signumpaxkitsunesnouthappyhappyj0yj0yarchitect13lilchibiclariseriousdavedragnridrmayito2009rbearcatlightanazondaclaudiusdksennahcheribalcyoneserene 39 votes
No
40%
marikaoniki1ssbn655shpoksoldravenman3025protogothquesteriusbloodyrizarliekkosscarlingserhatgs1905valoreahthay8472sistericdamainxliantheliabioixiwintermutevresmosul33warpangelbanatine 27 votes

Comments

• vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Ship points from each ship:
    caleb143 wrote: »
    Again, this was a tough call for me. Below are the things I noticed with Epsilon and Omega:
    Epsilon:
      • Better armored
      • More compact, which facilitates easier defense, but also facilitates easier to damage multiple areas.
      • more defense-oriented in appearance
      • Chimera-style nacelle attachment.
      • better impulse arrangement for size
      • 'bridge' area is obvious, making a 'here i am, kill me' appearance (and c-n-c nightmare)
      • nice and big force-field allows for more traffic of fighter pets either way- but that also means more chance to injure the ship if all pets blow up in that area during combat.
      Omega:
      • More feasibility in hangars
      • Sprawling, but also less chance to hit multiple areas at one time
      • just FEELS like it would be better at protecting its pets while they launch
      • more pylons than on Epsilon, making for more intrinsic stability
      • Deflector placement seems like a sci ship's logical location
      • Bridge looks recessed, and like it has a decoy bridge, making C-n-C easier to do
      • smaller force-field area, but (if it was in the show) if it had the same power going to it that Epsilon's did, a stronger force-field.. Less pets going into it at a time means better safety for everyone.
      Even after my observations and inferences on both, it took me a couple hours and some coin tosses to decide. Omega won out

Version 2.0

Omega%202_zpsyaafcvdg.png

Version 2.1 - With ALpha Mission Pod

Omega%202.1_zpsjz3ycdf3.png

[SIGPIC]http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab53/Vandread010/apoph_zpscc05f31f.jpg[/SIGPIC]

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
      No
      While the hybrid is an improvement in looks, the Omega saucer is the thing about Omega I liked least. Just give me an Epsilon and I am happy. But then again, Like I said in the round 2 vote...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1204595/design-your-ship-round-2-gamma-vs-delta/p3
      bloodyriz wrote: »
      <prediction>When all is said and done, will not surprise me when the new ship has all 8 skins.</prediction>
      ​​
      signature.png
      We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    • sgoneillsgoneill Member Posts: 30 Arc User
      Yes
      I'm not a big fan of quad nacelle ships but since the contest heavily favored them that's all I had to choose from. With that said, the size difference in the nacelles on the Omega stuck out like a sore thumb to me. "Omega 2" and "Omega 2.1" is something I'd pick over the current Omega.
    • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      Yes
      reyan01 wrote: »
      I'll confess to not being a big fan of this 'contest' as a whole. I don't see the point in producing some very nice designs for a ship and then limiting it to one model.

This could have been one of, if not the, most customisable ships in the game - instead its going to be a predictable by-product of a popularity contest.
      I don't think that's a realistic expectations - just because they show us 6 alternative concept drawings doesn't mean they have more than usual at the early stage of a ship design, and it doesn't mean that they would have normally done it any differently than they did now - except that they let us be part of the decision-amking process, the process with or iwthout would still start with n variations and eventually be narrowed down to one design - or at best 3, like for 3-packs.​​
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
      No
      Let me be blunt: There was not a single design in the competition i liked.
      A carrier design based upon the Nebula would have received my vote, but none of the designs presented were to my liking.​​
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
      Yes
      I think the kit bash of alpha, epsilon and omega work best, and should just be feasible options for the ship anyway.

omega by itself is not to my liking, because its not Starfleet,
      Starfleet ships should always maintain a primary and secondary hull in some form, it has to be visible somehow,
      sovy had it, voyager had it, vesta has it, the omega is just the Jupiter 2 spacecraft with the robot screaming, Danger Will Robinson, Danger!
      tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Yes
      Absolutely in favor of #TeamOmega2Point1. The design strikes me as a nice blend of the Jupiter and the Typhon-class from Star Trek: Invasion (two much-requested designs) and addresses my issue with Omega, that being the anemic engineering section. The mission pod I think also adds a bit of visual flair that I like.

EDIT: Sorry, Invasion, not Armada. Thanks, shadowfang.
      Post edited by starswordc on
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
      Yes
      Omega 2.1 option would be great for voting and having in game. Although, I must admit that Alpha's saucer would work for me even better.
      FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
      SZ1RgUL.jpg
      SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
    • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
      I stopped voting after sigma lost.
    • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
      No
      Nope, the whole of Omega is just hideous.
      8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
    • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
      Yes
      #TeamOmegaEpsilonAlpha
    • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
      No
      I would prefer if they gave us all the option to choose in game what saucer and nacelles we want instead of doing a popularity contest, after all, they already have the models, why let them waste?
    • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,264 Arc User
      Another poll with N/A or other.

Sorry dude...I could care less for those shapes fox-7.gif​​
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
      Yes
      2.1 looks great
      DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
    • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      No
      I agree with @reyan01 this ship could have been very customizable so that everyone got the model they wanted, but now will be stuck with very limited options in terms of customization. If your paying 30 dollars for just a ship it should have more options then what type of windows you want.
      Tza0PEl.png
    • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
      Yes
      I'd like to see the Omega with Epsilon nacelles.
      -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Just the Omega, but maybe two of the others for alternate skins.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
      starswordc wrote: »
      Absolutely in favor of #TeamOmega2Point1. The design strikes me as a nice blend of the Jupiter and the Typhon-class from Star Trek: Armada (two much-requested designs) and addresses my issue with Omega, that being the anemic engineering section. The mission pod I think also adds a bit of visual flair that I like.

invasion; the typhon wasn't in either armada game​​
      Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
      An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
      A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
      A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
      "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
      Passion and Serenity are one.
      I gain power by understanding both.
      In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
      I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
      The Force is united within me.
    • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
      No
      Hmm, how about a NO. The omega diferent size nacells are some of the parts I like at the omega design. In fact I wouldnt mind if there will include a tailor option to ditch the lower smaller ones.
      This kit bash looks too much like the prometeus. Only thing I like is the alpha pod on top of ver. 2.1. That actually looks cool.
    • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Yes
      There is a game out there called Galactic Civilizations that allows players to design their own ship, that is game which is 1/10000000 of what STO is and allows players to do that why STO dont let players do the same?
      Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
    • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
      Yes
      yes, but not only with this ship. cryptic should have given the possibility to the players to create their own ship; at least for this event; even if personally i don't care because i don't like cruisers or carriers :p
    • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
      No
      mayito2009 wrote: »
      There is a game out there called Galactic Civilizations that allows players to design their own ship, that is game which is 1/10000000 of what STO is and allows players to do that why STO dont let players do the same?

Umm...maybe STO wasn't designed for that unlike GC?
      Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
      Yes
      So much for my prediction that 90% might choose Team Omega 2. If the polls say anything, it's that there's a lot of different tastes out there, and ships need to come with more customization options.

I was sad when it lost as it was my 1st choice.
      Y945Yzx.jpg
      Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
      · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
      «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
      ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    • vandread010vandread010 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
      amizez06 wrote: »
      Been waiting for this one.

cywbvHm.gif

And bump for Alpha VS Omega Ship Design Vote!

• bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
      Yes

that was a good looking ship, oh and I still support this because this version looks like a federation ship that has both balls and teeth. instead of just the omega with dentures.
      tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
      Yes
      Definitely. I won't be using the winning ship (Omega) - we spend most of our ship time looking at the aft of a ship, and that thing looks like a flippin crab.

Whereas I could live with Omega 2.1.

This.

Both alpha and omega look pretty awkward with those spiny thin nacelles sticking out. It's like the eclipse taken to an extreme.

Too bad Omega 2.1. will stay a fan kitbash.
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      Yes
      Definitely. I won't be using the winning ship (Omega) - we spend most of our ship time looking at the aft of a ship, and that thing looks like a flippin crab.

King Crab! King Crab! King Crab!
      king_crab_by_odanan-d87lx37.png

Oh, wait, wrong universe.

coconut-crab.jpg

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Yes

Oh, wait, wrong universe.

coconut-crab.jpg

Is it just me or does anybody else think that the real crab is way more disturbing than the mech if it would be real. :s
    • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
      Yes
      With mission pod as optional? Yes, I would like both designs.
      "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
      Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
      Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"