test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Its Time for an ALL Turret Build - Opinions welcome

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    sorry for the typo :)
    It's too easy already.

indeed, and also extremely boring, faw everywhere and all the time. this is why i try new builds, single cannons builds and DHC builds (never used before)

I purchased a intel phantom day before yesterday and even with only usage of SS and not BFAW i am not certain if i will continue using it.

It sure handles nice and hits hard in addition to a certain flexibility from the intel, but the content which was already easy became even more easy with the phantom.

I'm not playing the game to get bored from going through content lightning speed. Builds with sufficient fire power instead of overwhelming fire power seem to be much more enjoyable.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    I've never had the need for turrets really. On my ship I use the Omni disruptor beam, The antichronoton Omni and the kinetic cutting beam on the back. All 3 of those are better than turrets.
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I've never had the need for turrets really. On my ship I use the Omni disruptor beam, The antichronoton Omni and the kinetic cutting beam on the back. All 3 of those are better than turrets.

One word: Boring.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I'v found an intresting, somewhat surprising, turret power.... Omega Graviton amplifier - while it on paper seems weak, the secret to is is that unlike most powers that calculate per attack cycle, it calculates PER SHOT (thus for beams, its only one proc chance per weapon afaik, hence its weakness) - thus with spread and turrets (that fire more than one shot per cycle), that 2.5% proc chance really adds up to some significant damage (in fact, during several parse tests, it seems near equal to the damage potential of the embassy scisplosion consoles (x3) on my samsar)

Current parsed samsar power - 9.7k (and theres more stuff to do, too!)​​
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    sorry for the typo :)
    It's too easy already.

indeed, and also extremely boring, faw everywhere and all the time. this is why i try new builds, single cannons builds and DHC builds (never used before)

I purchased a intel phantom day before yesterday and even with only usage of SS and not BFAW i am not certain if i will continue using it.

It sure handles nice and hits hard in addition to a certain flexibility from the intel, but the content which was already easy became even more easy with the phantom.

I'm not playing the game to get bored from going through content lightning speed. Builds with sufficient fire power instead of overwhelming fire power seem to be much more enjoyable.​​

well, i would like to buy the Phantom (not sure yet) :p , just for 2 reasons, i like the shape of this ship, and the possibility of using intel skills with my feds. I try currently a lot of intel skills (with my rom faeht) and some of them are really interesting, not for pure dps but because they are just funny.

i try to find different ways of playing in this game. i'm tired by the faw frenzy. And sadly, most of the sci skills are totally useless, and most of the sci captains (players) use the same skills (tractor beam repulsor, gw etc). i have already deleted one of my sci toon, and soon i'm coming to delete my fed sci.

My faeth is a torpedo bomber and a spread combined with ionic turbulence is nice.

Going to do some additional testing e.g. transport warhead with various torpedoes (Trico cluster amongst others.) but i think i have already hit the sweet spot as far as builds are concerned.​​
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    just for fun i ran a parse in isa on my jhdc (single-cannon build). did almost exactly 20k (20, 111, ....), from which my elite-attack-ships did 8k on their own lol.
    though, may u want to have a look ;):
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=wasteaholics_0
    doffs + 1 console are in the notes.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    wast33 wrote: »
    just for fun i ran a parse in isa on my jhdc (single-cannon build). did almost exactly 20k (20, 111, ....), from which my elite-attack-ships did 8k on their own lol.
    though, may u want to have a look ;):
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=wasteaholics_0
    doffs + 1 console are in the notes.

Oh I had forgotten about the Elachi single cannon...good idea, I'm running Disruptor anyway so may incorporate that.

What were the doffs (x2) listed as AP ?

Other then that, Ill be ready to field this ship tonight, just need to upgrade 3 more turrets to mk xiv when I get home.
    and I guess I never bought the elite JHAS pets...but will make do with 2x Adv JHAS pets from the dil store for the time being as the fleet version elites are stupid expensive.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    [...]

[...]

attack pattern doffs to reduce cd's on attack patterns. commonly known as "zemok" and "x'ltk(?!)".... the insectoid ;D.
    [...]

[...]

attack pattern doffs to reduce cd's on attack patterns. commonly known as "zemok" and "x'ltk(?!)".... the insectoid ;D.

doh, yeah that makes sense :p
    I have the instectoid ...but not a Zemok.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited September 2015
    one should be enough in pve if u run reciprocity on a tac anyways. for "there they come" moments there's always tac ini if needed.
    indeed i enjoyed the short run more than i thought. that thing is just classy :)!
    btw: max hit was one from the heavy cannon with 35k. not too bad for a single cannon i guess. also, one may could xchange the new-episode console with the set-console for the cannon and put a third turret in the rear.
    it's an old (today a bit tweaked) pvp build. for pve u can like instaswitch to dhc's on it. with all the turning boosts it kinda worx if one gets used to ;D.

nvm, enjoy the ride on ur build ;).
  • roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    An all Turret Build?

Go rainbow with cannon boosters on the least agile thing you can find. The goal is to have fun with builds like this.
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
    An all Turret Build?

Go rainbow with cannon boosters on the least agile thing you can find. The goal is to have fun with builds like this.

Heh, I took the bort a while back and got it up to 35+ degree turn rate then slapped on dhcs, the proton and elachi cannon before finishing with turrets...that thing was a joy to fly and great laugh as the bortabrick zipped about like a cruiser on illegal pharmaceuticals :p​​
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Since turrets are a close range weapon.. you may as well synergize with inverted(voth doff) tractor repulsors, eject warp plasma and stack particle generators.

Of the choices.. none of them are a really amazing fit.
    Samsar has the science capacity and ability to stack on some suppression to keep things in the plasma, but it will need help to cycle two cannon attacks.

T5U Excel will be a bit light on science if you run repulsors.

If you have the Risian Cruiser, it's a good bridge fit and can even do better with the Risian Consoles(which could even let you bypass repulsors if you don't have the doff).
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    I'm going to do this myself... If anything, just to do something different. Thanks to all of you for your ideas and suggestions.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    edited September 2015
    Finished the upgrades last night and rolled her out in an ISA.

With very poor piloting (not taking into account flanking and such --- and no keybinds) I pulled 25k DPS !!!
    And it was a feast for the eyes and ears whenever I opened fire.

The barrage of green disruptor pellets was amazzzzzzzzzzing !
    and sounded and felt like I was firing an uber chain gun !

Ah man...it was so fun for a change, and I think Ill stick with it for a while.

Thanks guys, you gave me some nice ideas, and encouragement, in a world of BFaW spam.
    Glad to see you can still make any build viable with the right advice.

Ill repost a skillplanner with exactly what I used in case anyone else wants to try this fun setup out.
    Also, the JHDC held up VERY well under fire with minimal heals and resistance plates. Didn't even use a Fleet neutronium, only needed Polarize hull 1 and Aux to Dampeners 1 for resistance buffs.

:D
    If any of you are bored with beams and want to try out something fun, different, and unexpected....pull out an all turret build !

EDIT: Here's what exactly was used, (check notes for Doffs, Rep Traits, and missing sci console)
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=turretbuild1_8732

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Whatever you do just resist the urge to yell "first!" when you parse highest dmg, especially in CCA
    edited September 2015
    gar1979 wrote: »
    Whatever you do just resist the urge to yell "first!" when you parse highest dmg, especially in CCA

I'm happy getting a near consistent 3rd place on CCA with my turretboat personally^^

edit - considering all these turretboats and SCboats being made, we ought to get an ISA going and have some fun skittle barraging everything that moves :) (bonus points if someone can youtube it)​​
  • gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »

I'm happy getting a near consistent 3rd place on CCA with my turretboat personally^^​​

you seem to be doing something correctly. enjoy
    edited September 2015
    Another day, another set of revisions and a parse - Installing omega graviton amplifier seems to have been a great help as despite my suggestion its equal to 3 sciplosion consoles, I forgot they were mkx, levelling to mk 12 reducing it to roughly 2/3s of the sciplosion damage. I also switched the epts2 and eptw1 duals around so its now epts1 and eptw2 and replaced DEM1 with ewp1 - retaining rsp3 as I'm a chicken but that might change around to ewp3 and rsp1 if I feel brave

With all these changes in a pug ISA (with surprisingly few betas), my samsar is now at 11.32k dps - I'm kind of proud of the big lump of cruiser :D

ps - off topic, but if any of you have tried keybinding the pilot move controls and found failure, its as the moves are tied to the pitch up, pitch down commands - keybinding those commands to a key will let you bind them anywhere you want instead of wasd

Took me some time and Doffjobs assistance to figure that annoyance out^^​​
    Another day, another set of revisions and a parse - Installing omega graviton amplifier seems to have been a great help as despite my suggestion its equal to 3 sciplosion consoles, I forgot they were mkx, levelling to mk 12 reducing it to roughly 2/3s of the sciplosion damage. I also switched the epts2 and eptw1 duals around so its now epts1 and eptw2 and replaced DEM1 with ewp1 - retaining rsp3 as I'm a chicken but that might change around to ewp3 and rsp1 if I feel brave

With all these changes in a pug ISA (with surprisingly few betas), my samsar is now at 11.32k dps - I'm kind of proud of the big lump of cruiser :D

ps - off topic, but if any of you have tried keybinding the pilot move controls and found failure, its as the moves are tied to the pitch up, pitch down commands - keybinding those commands to a key will let you bind them anywhere you want instead of wasd

Took me some time and Doffjobs assistance to figure that annoyance out^^​​

Going to try the omega graviton amplifier Trait later tonight.
    Oh btw my in game handle is the same as my name on here @taylor1701d
    add me, we can fly ISA sometime !

I'm on the DPS-10k and DPS-30k channels most nights

(-_-) _\\//

LL&P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Took me some time and Doffjobs assistance to figure that annoyance out^^

Going to try the omega graviton amplifier Trait later tonight.
    Oh btw my in game handle is the same as my name on here @taylor1701d
    add me, we can fly ISA sometime !

I'm on the DPS-10k and DPS-30k channels most nights

(-_-) _\\//

LL&P

I used to have DPS 10k but following the kerfuffle, I now only have dps bronze on my list (never used it though)..I've added you though so heres hoping for a skittle flingin' good time!​​
    edited September 2015
    on one hand ur build represents some things i really dislike (mine as well btw lol) ;D.... but what gives nowadays and against npc's :D. so, on the other hand i just wanted to say: well done, nice build ;)! 25k with a turret build is a statement on its own.

on one hand ur build represents some things i really dislike (mine as well btw lol) ;D.... but what gives nowadays and against npc's :D. so, on the other hand i just wanted to say: well done, nice build ;)! 25k with a turret build is a statement on its own.

Changed Ships, and am flying the Nandi.
    Say Hello to 31k.

I'll repost a skillplanner when I get a min.
    Changed a few things, mainly added the Heavy Crescent Elachi single Cannon for a little more Disruptor bangbang with the bio neural console.
    7 turrets + Heavy crescent

Banana cannon rulez.

Id love to see someone who is good with keybinds and piloting use this...I'm sure they could do 50k+ with this setup.
    Who ever said Turrets are useless.. Theyre wrong, wrong, wrong.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    NX with all T1 phaser turrets

Say Hello to 31k.

Changed a few things, mainly added the Heavy Crescent Elachi single Cannon for a little more Disruptor bangbang with the bio neural console.

Banana cannon rulez.

Id love to see someone who is good with keybinds and piloting use this...I'm sure they could do 50k+ with this setup.

If you send me a note saying what you want keybound and where (not the power, but the slot on the powers bar it occupies, for example if you wanted a2d and pilot team keybound (lets say a2d is in slot 1, column 1 and pilot team is in slot 3, column 8 so '1 1 and 3 8 on spacebar' ) on space bar, I'll see about whipping up a quick keybind set if you like​​
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Say Hello to 31k.

Banana cannon rulez.

If you send me a note saying what you want keybound and where (not the power, but the slot on the powers bar it occupies, for example if you wanted a2d and pilot team keybound (lets say a2d is in slot 1, column 1 and pilot team is in slot 3, column 8 so '1 1 and 3 8 on spacebar' ) on space bar, I'll see about whipping up a quick keybind set if you like​​

Ill send you an email in game tonight Burstorion, that would be awesome.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    Who ever said Turrets are useless.. They're wrong, wrong, wrong.

I think i have my invite to the DPS channels due to a test of a tetryon turret pyramid in ISA so i agree that turrets can be quite good.

Used a SC/turret ambassador in tholian red alert. Someone asked what ship i was flying to throw out that much fire power. tiger-2.gif​​

Agreed..and single cannon for that matter (but shh! tell too many and the uber cheap lockbox singles will be jacked up in price!)​​