test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Again under attack? DDOs?

DC after DC and now rubber band and DC
Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Can't log back in. *sigh*
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I was just about to enter the portal to go back into the past and save us from the Iconians. Now I can't go. Which means all of Earth was destroyed. And I can't do anything about it!
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    I just got DC'd from the game and cannot log back in, locks up on finding my characters.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    I cannot enter either stuck in the log in screen
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    This person is a real jerk...probably got banned and felt it wasn't his fault lol
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I logged in, went to play the FE and DC, then DC, then login2 error, I'm done with this TRIBBLE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nostalgiamannostalgiaman Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Weekend event, time for someone with no life to launch a DDOs.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Wow, I just want to finish one mission. Wow. Stuck in login to server

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    I think we've been under attack at the same time in the past 5 or 6 days. I'm just surprised the culprit hasn't been caught by now.
  • Options
    The devs need to report this to the FBI

• Options
    whatthephloxwhatthephlox Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    dogekiss sad qq
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    The devs need to report this to the FBI

If they slam his skull against the laptop, breaking both, I'll shed very few tears.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    time for a zergling rush attack................
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I wonder if STO and Neverwinter not sharing an Account Login server, would allow us to not be subjected to this foolishness night after night.

C'mon, Perfect World! If this were the server where you process Accounts Receivable, it would have ended about five minutes after it started! I realize since you already have our money, with zero intentions of ever coming near the word refund, your sense of urgency is greatly diminished.

Please do more to stop this than just make explanation after expanation as to why it keeps happening. I already know the explanation you'll bring tonight. Hell, after how many times you've trotted it out, I have it memorized.

I wonder if starting a Facebook Page or a Twitter Account over this, to get the higher ups attention, is needed? Maybe if someone far enough up the food chain is alerted to these incidents, something more than explanations can be done about them?

I already know it takes time to fix something like this. Or money. Are you willing to keep losing money? How much will you have to lose before more forceful action is taken? Perhaps a GoFundMe Account can help alleviate this enormous expense?

I am really P.O.'d this little nobody can apparently publicly thumb his nose at you and you do nothing at all to either stop him or restore the servers to something close to their normal state. Which , frankly, ain't all that much better.

The fact an attention mongering amateur can raise this much Hell for this long with your games says a great deal about both the quality and talent of your Support Staff and your managers.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I assume this has been reported to the feds. Do they not have any interest in investigating the crime? Or is this the kid from wargames or something? This is getting to be a serious embarrassment.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    There's a chance he's not American and not in America, so... complication. If he IS international... we may be screwed until the idiot gets bored and leaves us alone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    The old way of hoping the problem will eventually go away doesn't seem to be working. STO is probably starting to lose players who just give up after several days of this sort of thing happening, figuring it's probably easier to just start playing another game by another company that's not being attacked.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    just give it time and the script kiddie will eventually get busted. it took time but eventually Lizard Squad themselves were busted just like this guy will eventually be.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    im just wondering is this why i keep getting a login2_timeout error after i click engage on the character screen?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Probably.
    he's targeting Neverwinter specifically, but since STO is in the same farm... STO is getting hammered as well. Apparently CO is just fine so far...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jakal122481jakal122481 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Probably.
    he's targeting Neverwinter specifically, but since STO is in the same farm... STO is getting hammered as well. Apparently CO is just fine so far...

ahh ok i went on to that guys twitter but didn't see anything about a attack i don't know. i did try other games and they are working just fine so kinda relieved it isn't me, i guess ill go play something else
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Just our daily reminder that some people are just sad human beings.
    At least he didn't shoot a bunch of school kids.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    it need sort of new type of firewall for that DOS client server to block "adding the junk spams".
  • Options
    And the attacks continue. :| It may be time to pick a new game.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    kyrrok wrote: »

That's about the dumbest reason to "pick a new game" that I've seen.

You want to leave STO because of attacks that Cryptic aren't responsible or in control over?

No matter how hard they try, they will always be potential targets for them... Just like everyone else.

All the other games have been subject to such attacks as well, so no matter where you go, eventually theres a good chance that the next game will be attacked as well.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    Good point. Maybe I should give quitting games altogether some serious thought
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Good point. Maybe I should give quitting games altogether some serious thought

Since direct home-DDoS attacks are becoming a thing, you should probably just quit your internet account.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »

You want to leave STO because of attacks that Cryptic aren't responsible or in control over?

No matter how hard they try, they will always be potential targets for them... Just like everyone else.

All the other games have been subject to such attacks as well, so no matter where you go, eventually theres a good chance that the next game will be attacked as well.

no he is leaving the game because the attacks continue, and cryptic isnt able to stop them.. any other gameing company would have ponied up the money by now to upgrade and stop him in his tracks..

it is unbelievable that this is still an issue. this is like cogent.. cryptic is ultimatly responsible for the safeguard of the servers, and for keeping them online..

it would be one thing if this was the first attack, but it isnt, and they were no better prepaired for it, which is unnacceptable..
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    puttenham wrote: »
    anazonda wrote: »

no he is leaving the game because the attacks continue, and cryptic isnt able to stop them.. any other gameing company would have ponied up the money by now to upgrade and stop him in his tracks..

it is unbelievable that this is still an issue. this is like cogent.. cryptic is ultimatly responsible for the safeguard of the servers, and for keeping them online..

it would be one thing if this was the first attack, but it isnt, and they were no better prepaired for it, which is unnacceptable..
    This is honestly makes multiple suppositions about computer security that are false: the nature of a DDOS such as the bot farm or the elements of a network being targetted, the nature of declaring whether or not security measures have been implemented publicly, the dynamic of a ISP relationship with a company, or the history of other companies with cyberattacks. With absolutely no data or internal information, you have created a supposition about the entire dynamic nature at hand that entire security professionals dedicate their lives to. You have oversimplified it and in doing so spread misinformation.

No.
This discussion has been closed.