test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Butts visits PWE

blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
Greetings fellow star travelers,

If you may not know, I am Glutes, otherwise known as the Diplomatic Advisor to Starfleet Dental and the Dean to our Starfleet Dental Roleplay Academy. Recently there was a diplomatic visit to Cryptic Studios that me and another grand member of society embarked on. I am excited to announce that I have visited another well-renowned studio; A studio under the name of Perfect World Entertainment invited me to their offices.
CPHz6VzUcAEnKKq.jpg

For the Cryptic visit, we did bring 150 Klondike bars and they were well-received. This time around, I felt I needed to bring something along the lines of that. I bring you 10 pounds of Skittles.
CPHo-iVUwAAQnSz.jpg

By this point, the $60+ bill was enough to motivate me to get out and drive there. The traffic was rather busy, as all traffic in the SF Bay Area is, but I managed to get there in one piece. I was welcomed by some high security measures, but managed to slip in. This is the glorious sight I was welcomed by.
CPH3X_3UYAELV--.jpg

This is where the images stop because I respect the privacy of their staff and hospitality of their bosses. I was greeted by @LaughingTrendy and took a tour around the studio with them. I wish I could show pictures. It was rather incredible. There was a man who ruled over a new yet-to-be-released species known as Gundams Trans-Dimensional Betaraptoids. A lot of them knew of me and one man who represented a Turtle race knew about me. I wish I knew who he was. We stayed and talked about issues revolving around the future of STO and how to maintain its life.

There are plenty of great things planned that I cannot discuss. I do know that I have been crowned the Ambassador of Drozana Station. Before parting from the luxurious studios with their automatic-tinting windows, Trendy gave me a few farewell gifts. I don't know how to use them, but I do know how the mug will be used.
CPH7OdmUYAAQ_ou.jpg

Shortly after my visit, tweets started pouring in:
8BSJucg.png

In conclusion, I would like to thank LaughingTrendy for inviting me to the studio, the Gundam guy for liking my watch, everyone who shook my hand and the turtle guy that I didn't know. I plan to visit more places in the future or maybe return, I don't know yet.

Sincerely,

Glutes
Diplomatic Authority
Starfleet Dental/Academy

PS: I was going to mix the skittles with M&Ms just to mess with you guys, but that actually required effort on my part.

Comments

• Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Holy skittles indeed.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Please explain the meaning of your handle "blueweak." I don't believe I've heard you speak on its origin before.
    I believe you may be trolling a former volunteer community moderator, please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Of course their trolling its dental.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Nice gesture! I'm sure you guys had a lot to talk about. I know you can't mention details on here but I am sure we'll see the results ingame soon...

Giving Trendy that much sugar will also be interesting...

Finally, nice to see the work on Drozana being officially recognised by the devs. Atmosphere there so much better these days.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Glad we got the community manager officially recognising Droz as our station. Too bad we couldn't get those special Butts STO shirts done this time, I guess we'll hand them out on our next visit.

UIKJ9RE.jpg
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I wish I lived over in the US occasionally. being able to just pop in and visit a game studio that's in the area would be cool.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    Wow, that's pretty awesome! Glad they welcomed you that warmly.

...uh...

Can I have the Nebula? /jk
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Giving Trendy that much sugar will also be interesting...
    My stomach hurts. Also I'm considering doing a hot pepper gaming challenge now. Also I'm REALLY talkative at the office and have been yelling "Taste the rainbow!!!"

• Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    I wish I lived over in the US occasionally. being able to just pop in and visit a game studio that's in the area would be cool.​​
    I'm pretty down with anyone dropping by the offices (atleast my PWE offices). I like saying hi to people. I want to set up a nerf tripod. GOD THIS SUGAR.

• Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy

So help me understand this...
    You invited a player whose very handle mocks one of your former volunteer team members, from a fleet known for in-game and forum trolling, to your corporate office and exchanged gifts with said player? And you allow their threads unrelated to game-play to remain in the sto discussion forum, even posting in them rather than moving them?

Are you hoping to generate more news at Massively? What gives?
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Ice Cream and Skittles... better than latinum.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Given some of the weapon layouts I've seen in game, skittles was a good choice! :lol:
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Taste the rainbow boat
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I enjoy being able to talk to folks in person and at conventions. It's fun. It's frankly a great interaction to have with folks. Also the only person I haven't shot who I've invited into the office is Askray.
  • Options
    sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    Also, free Butts.
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • Options
    Also, free Butts.
    There are no free Butts here.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Maybe after I get working, I can afford to take a trip down that way.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Maybe after I get working, I can afford to take a trip down that way.​​
    Come on by! I'd love to say hi!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Those ships are for Star Trek Attack Wing.

I play that myself.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Meh, whatever ingame/forum dramas happen (whether "justified" or just plain silly) can stay ingame.

In real life, we all have in common one thing: we are all STO players. I'd rather share a laugh (and sweets, or a drink, etc) with a fellow player than bicker over some minor ingame drama.

Anyway, welcome back Trendy and I hope you enjoyed Burning Man. A friend of mine used to go every year until last (arrival of a little boy put a stop to it). Pictures were amazing though.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Dear fourxgamer,

My name is not based on the beloved bluegeek, just to clarify. You can continue to believe whatever else you want. Yes, I was invited. Yes, they knew who I am and what I've done. I also brought candy so it wasn't so bad.

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Diplomatic Advisor
    Starfleet Dental/Academy
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    This looks wonderful. Especially after all of the intel you shared regarding your conversation about ME. Yes. Me. Bwahahaharrr. I look forward to meeting all of the players when New Dawn arrives, and hope one day to visit myself, dragging my weight in candy behind me as well!

Thanks for sharing! =D
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Glad you guys took my advice.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    rahhmirahhmi Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Trendy invited butts due to their proximity. I irritated butts to take skittles this time as Trendy and i had just shared skittles stories. Ferengi are known to have rather pointy ill-kept teeth. This does not concern dentists unless they make an appointment.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    San Francisco? And all this time, I thought Perfect World was based out of China.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Perfect World may be primarilly based out of China, but it would make sense to have facilities here. Just like Nintendo is from Japan, but they have a facility here in Washington State. Specifically Redmond if I remember correctly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    fourxgamer wrote: »
    @pwlaughingtrendy

So help me understand this...
    You invited a player whose very handle mocks one of your former volunteer team members, from a fleet known for in-game and forum trolling, to your corporate office and exchanged gifts with said player? And you allow their threads unrelated to game-play to remain in the sto discussion forum, even posting in them rather than moving them?

Are you hoping to generate more news at Massively? What gives?

It's funny. This was posted in another thread
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    Nbreeki and Butts are both banned from the forums, so they cannot issue forgiveness here, but the Dear Leader smiles warmly on those who repent. We welcome you as a brother.