test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game unplayable due to account server issues!

STO is unplayable to me right now because everytime i try to load maps it crashes and when I try again to get on again The login server is taking too long to respond, and after that the repeated crashes during map loading! anyone else having this problem? :#

Comments

• Options
    samintanesamintane Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am, no reply from support at all!
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    nvek wrote: »
    STO is unplayable to me right now because everytime i try to load maps it crashes and when I try again to get on again The login server is taking too long to respond, and after that the repeated crashes during map loading! anyone else having this problem? :#

I've had trouble logging on and staying logged on since Thursday, 9/10. I am aware of the DDOS attacks. I wanted to report that today I've received numerous server not responding notices and experienced rubberbanding while running CGA and Defera Hard missions. The game is becoming difficult to play.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    most likely they are still in the process of monitoring and had to implement certain counter measures.
    anti-dos attack counter measures often increase lag.

I'm going to try the built in reverse-proxy servers again, perhaps those can bypass some of the lag.
    in the launcher, check the options and post your findings.
  • Options
    freezy321freezy321 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Connecting without a proxy, launcher is slow to become ready, character selection takes forever to load.
    Then after loading a character, the map takes a bunch of seconds (30 - 60) to get from ping 2000 (probably the max after which packets are getting dropped) and showing 44 million unpacked.

patch server proxy speeds up the launcher considerably, EU server proxy gets me in quickly but has a worse ping for me (200 instead of the normal 120).

So the EU patch proxy is good for me.

US proxy in game the slow loading as well, so I guess the slight speed increase for the loader will have to be sufficient for now.

Hopefully they can get the network speeds within acceptable parameters again soon.