test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Network Connection Issues 9/14 @ 1:40 PDT

Comments

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    It looks like we're encountering another DDOS. We'll keep you notified.
  • psychopyro80psychopyro80 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    GAH...

Tell me where this little.... Children need kicked in the butt...
  • kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    great another ddos dont these amature ddosers have any real life then there mothers basement
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    According to his twitter he also wants to go after other games like ESO.

It also only happens when I want to play :), like right now.

How do you even stop him?
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Arrest him. IF we get lucky enough. what he's doing IS a crime.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    soo...exactly what are the cryptic team attempting to do to counter the ddos? yesterday he just stopped and went to sleep...
  • friendlyfire2012friendlyfire2012 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Third or 4th time unable to complete the "Featured Episode" I get almost thru then crash
  • jennyward1985jennyward1985 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    This is getting ridiculous now :-( Is there even a way 2 stop this idiot?

Yea I literally just came back to the game yesterday... Both friggin days... he costed me double stuffs all day yesterday, and now I'm trying to do story stuff and can't get it done...

If they find him, they can stop him... Hopefully not one of those cushy jails either... one of those nice federal prisons, with the crotch binders.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User

Eventually the Feds will find him, if he's in the US. A couple years in prison and a long probation with a condition that he can't be on the Internet is usually the punishment.
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    This really sucks, oh well there is always tomorrow
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    soo...exactly what are the cryptic team attempting to do fo counter the ddos? yesterday he just stopped and went to sleep...
    Due to the nature of it, all I am able to say is that we are investigating and the team is working on it.
  • skelmerdskelmerd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    -_- this is getting really annoying. my specialization point grind is all messed up now.
  • dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Figures. One day I get some time to be able to finish up the Iconian War, and some script kiddie decides to TRIBBLE with everyone.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    According to what I am seeing, the system is not stable. I say again, the system is not stable. I cannot login to STO via Arc nor via directly with the game.exe. Nor can I log in via Steam. Unless we are using stable as a euphemism for offline.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    the game doesn't crash, it just constantly pauses, i am not the best computer expert (so you guys who are much smarter than me, feel free to insult me, i will not take it personally) but don't you have some identification system that shows how much data you are getting from one source and if that source is giving overwhelming amount of data, just cut them off for a half-hour and email them stating the situation about their computer was DDoS'ing the server, yada yada, and "we are not blaming you, we are simply telling you". Or does that go against some policy
  • therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I wonder if goading him into trying this on bigger targets, like financial institutions would work? That'd sic some alphabet soup on him, PDQ...
  • dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well being in a constant offline state is fairly stable.
  • gmfnomadgmfnomad Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I am so sick of this coward TRIBBLE up a good game!!!
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I'm not sure which is worse; someone being so sorry that they have to spend their free time doing things like Denial of Service attacks... or them actually thinking it will earn them ovation and fame forever when all it does is just tick people off.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    gmfnomad wrote: »
    I am so sick of this coward TRIBBLE up a good game!!!

Let us go slay him with a Bat'leth in honorable combat! TO BATTLE, BRAVE WARRIORS!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Is this the same guy who was doing the attacks yesterday?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    lindaleff wrote: »

probably
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I bet this guy just started the attack after finishing his homework and having dinner. Someone needs to call his mommy so that he can get a spanking.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I do not think cryptic can do anything we are just waiting
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    the game doesn't crash, it just constantly pauses, i am not the best computer expert (so you guys who are much smarter than me, feel free to insult me, i will not take it personally) but don't you have some identification system that shows how much data you are getting from one source and if that source is giving overwhelming amount of data, just cut them off for a half-hour and email them stating the situation about their computer was DDoS'ing the server, yada yada, and "we are not blaming you, we are simply telling you". Or does that go against some policy
    That's not how networks work. You can't just "stop accepting packets", they come no matter what you do.
    lindaleff wrote: »

He's claiming on hit twit feed he is...
  • gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Cryptic can forward any info about the NeverwinterGod to https://fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/cyber/ but then again they could always give Cryptic the same response they give to our game breaking ticket and exploit submissions.. and we all know what that is at this point don't we.
  • ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Well, get this: Apperently, this dude ALSO has DDOSed ESO...successfully.
  • rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    soo...exactly what are the cryptic team attempting to do to counter the ddos? yesterday he just stopped and went to sleep...

i would hope cryptic has a few "hackers" of their own on staff
This discussion has been closed.