test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Of DoS, lag and DCing

I do not know if the attacks are back, but I do know the lag and disconnects are back.

Comments

• tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    Yup. Poof.
    /channel_join grind
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    I do not know if the attacks are back, but I do know the lag and disconnects are back.

Several people in my fleets are reporting this again, and I've been experiencing it again myself.
  • micksparrowmicksparrow Member Posts: 3 New User
    full of that! TRIBBLE you very much! i was TRIBBLE second year... no need to exuses i liked that
    Profanity isn't really necessary.
    /channel_join grind
  • azmodeasazmodeas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I think I've spent more downtime since friday then actually being able to log in and like play and enjoy the game. I am able to log into games from EA, SOE, Turbine. and other Perfect world games. Just Sto good freaking luck... season 11 a new dawn... more like season 11 new ways to bring you more unplayable lag.
  • cptstark1cptstark1 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    could'nt play this morning because of that. Day ruined! :^)
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    No mention of what's going on from the Developers?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    It's back for me as of about 7:30 Pacific, but there is already an official thread:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1203696/network-issues-9-13
  • xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    SO... Fellas, I wasn't crazy after all. I suspect Cryptic has a very good explanation for this. Right?
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    No mention of what's going on from the Developers?

Yeah it's some disgruntled kid or immature adult ddosing neverwinter, probably because he got yelled at by a mod or something.
  • heibgesheibges Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Yep, server is back down it looks like.
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Oh, log in attempt here...

"We're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers."

So which hacker group claims this one, and what reasons are they giving for the attacks?

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Wtf is that xternity doffjobs bouncing on the right of the screen??

That is Tacticalrook's Sig. For me, it is a constant reminder of my abundance of dislike for that fleet.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • hawk5pridehawk5pride Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Oh, log in attempt here...

So which hacker group claims this one, and what reasons are they giving for the attacks?

In order: Irrelevant, they still need to be kicked in the TRIBBLE. and: Please refer to the preceding.
    Violence is not the answer.
    /channel_join grind
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »

That is Tacticalrook's Sig. For me, it is a constant reminder of my abundance of dislike for that fleet.

What fleet is that?

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Oh my. This thread is not going to end well. Last couple up here in General were closed as there is a thread in GNN on it. You know the place where no one goes anymore for news on this game.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »

What fleet is that?

Xtern1ty fleet, known for harassing people for giving free stuff away during the summer event. Confirmed by their fleet leader, Xtern1ty, he is best friends with Trendy and can get you banned on the forums.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    Please stop.
    /channel_join grind
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    Oh my. This thread is not going to end well. Last couple up here in General were closed as there is a thread in GNN on it. You know the place where no one goes anymore for news on this game.

I don't care, I do what I do. If they wish to close it, then so be it. If they feel so strongly about it then they can leave the thread open and create a link to the other thread or merge it, in any case, that ain't MY job. Besides, they have to know it is back.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Finished running an alt through midnight, got back to Qonos and the lag started up again. Checked that guys twitter that had claimed responsibility for the earlier attack and he was back at it. In fact, he had said it was going to occur at 8:30. So what would that be? central time zone for him?
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    It appears they again know about it, the red banner is back on my launcher again with the notification that they are working on it. This however is not of any comfort to me. I have seen this message before and we are right here, again.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,613 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    Finished running an alt through midnight, got back to Qonos and the lag started up again. Checked that guys twitter that had claimed responsibility for the earlier attack and he was back at it. In fact, he had said it was going to occur at 8:30. So what would that be? central time zone for him?

It did start at around 7:30 Pacific so Mountain if he's really the one doing it or paying for it.

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    deokkent wrote: »

I assume it's the dentals guys/gals.

I wish. But its actually some shtako who's got a beef with Neverwinter, going all Snively Whiplash with his Twitter taunts.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Violence is not the answer.

It is always a viable option.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    I take it that you didn't get the point of my previous post (Hint: last sentence). Sorry, can't quote as that is broken on mobile - you just get a null.

By the way, links and merging don't happen anymore, just Closures.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    No, it really isn't.
    /channel_join grind
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    bloodyris, love that ship name, he is one of X-men best writer.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »
    bloodyris, love that ship name, he is one of X-men best writer.

Also wrote the Lt Shea series of books. Good reads.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
This discussion has been closed.