test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Brotherhood of the Sword. Far too difficult to do. co-ordination virtually impossible.

Brotherhood of the sword. Far too difficult to do, due to communication and co-ordination in the mission.
Some players who are not english don't understand english. Also there are some players who just want to shoot anything and not worry if the mission fails or not. Getting them to go to particular areas for co-ordination purposes is impossible as they ignore you or don't understand you. Its mission impossible here.
This mission needs rewriting and made simpler to understand. Will it be done, probably not, we live in hope.

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Without any coordination, I've completed the mission at least 20 times out of 20 tries on Advanced. If you're referring to Elite, maybe you just aren't good enough to play Elite queues. Be sure to coordinate before starting an Elite queue. That means not pugging it and getting a pre made team together before starting a private run.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    I have maxed out equipment both ground and space, so please don't patronise me. As for pugging i give you due credit there, and yes its better to have a fleet team/private run.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I respectfully disagree on this one. Eventually someone else will cotton on to the idea that they must click the other thingy. So you only need 1 of the other 4 to click f. It's pretty good odds. The rest you can do yourself which me like.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I have maxed out equipment both ground and space, so please don't patronise me. As for pugging i give you due credit there, and yes its better to have a fleet team/private run.
    Having maxed equipment doesn't mean that you automatically know what you are doing.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Is it just me, or is this like the 5th or 6th post about this from the OP since Season 10 launched...?
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    Having maxed equipment doesn't mean that you automatically know what you are doing.

Knowledge is the key to success, The biggest problem was the Orion operative starting at zero health, but since that was patched out weeks ago. There really isn't a problem any more. Even with a pug team it's still doable even with blind luck on activating the nodes. The mission is fine as it is. I could say more but it'll end up stirring the hornets nest up, so I'll leave it at what I've put. But I'll go as far as saying I've run countless pug runs and they've all worked out fine. It might have taken a second attempt at activating the devices together.

Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is this like the 5th or 6th post about this from the OP since Season 10 launched...?
    Are you sure it's not the 7th? :p

But yeah.... two things can make that hard... Ignoring Heralds, and ignoring the consoles. You can't have the full team focus on either or you fail.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Elite modes, is a difficult pugging experience, advance is alright, and normal is downright frustrating due to players not evening paying attention to what stf they are in, but you cannot fail it due the timers that will push you to the next section. In fact, this is one of the fastest STFs without using uberdps. I have purple 13s and I am able to do the elites without too much of a hassle.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    STO... hard.... lol
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    I was in an advanced pug that failed earlier today.
    There has to be some merit to the OP because I was the only player trying to interact with the consoles...and we failed the run.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Subcomms wants YOU for ground elite tours! Send in-game mail to @cmdbarstow for a channel invite!
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User

Ummmm, all the yellow shininess in the world wont help you in BOSE if you do not have a decent team working with you. Its called elite for a reason. They advertised Elites as NON puggable when DR launched, FOR A REASON. If your pugging something, don't expect you can carry your team. Make a team, from one of the many DPS channels, or STF channels in the game, or get sociable, and play it with your fleet members. your chances of beating it are about 9000% higher.

Oh did i mention, it is not hard at all? Maybe just change your perspective and attitude towards it. I like doing it, and i do like pugging it. Win or lose.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah, really, 2-3 to do consoles in BOSE, and everyone else kill Heralds.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    I generally beat this on elite, if at least 1 other player knows what to do/.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It really isn't that hard. As long as everyone is following the same strategy it's perfectly doable. Doesn't matter which strategy you are using. Small things like saying 'Clear first, then objectives and the consoles' can help too, you have to wait 30 seconds in that shuttle anyway. I'd say, use that time to coordinate things.

Elite content is, as others have said, supposed to be difficult. If it's too difficult for you or your pug team mates, well that's too bad for you but it's not exactly reasonable to expect them to dumb things down.

I can think of only one change that's needed for the elite ground missions, and that would be to make Defend Rhihoo station a real elite mission. As long as you have a TR rifle it's the easiest 'elite' mission in the game and I wouldn't even call it elite since you only need to have one special weapon to complete it on the highest difficulty setting.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I pug it regularly on elite, with over 90% successrate. Dont really know what the fuss is, months after its implementation players have either adapted, or gone back to normal/advanced.
    Maybe you should take one of these paths too.
    I have maxed out equipment both ground and space, so please don't patronise me.

You dont need high gear for it, thats the beauty of the mission, if you and one other is bright, you can circumvent enemies altogether and only fight once or twice. Even if you just shoot your way through, it should be rather easy, as long as you duck, and/or keep moving.

And not to forget: Having good gear doesnt make you a good player. Though it heavily speaks for itself that you went directly to gear as an answer... you pretty much proved salazarraze's assumption here.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Sounds like an example of not communicating. Granted in this particular one its kinda hard to unless you're using voice chat.

However... it should be as easy as have one person at each one, and the second they go active, hit it. Just watch for the cue.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »

Its even more hilarious how the same OP was complaining about empty queues just a few days ago.​​
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    woodwhity wrote: »
    You dont need high gear for it, thats the beauty of the mission, if you and one other is bright, you can circumvent enemies altogether and only fight once or twice. Even if you just shoot your way through, it should be rather easy, as long as you duck, and/or keep moving.

I look at Ren's turret build and I am rather glad I finished off her Iconian gear with the CC event.​​
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif