What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Cryptic Customer Service...

...just an urban legend?

Comments

• Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    no, no, no. urban legend are newish, this story is far too old. it's a myth. :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    File this between Bigfoot and Loch Ness Monster.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    I'm still waiting on customer service for a fault in their own service. It was hard enough just to find a working customer support link without it saying "oops! the page you are looking for is no longer available" combined with browser restarts, use of different browsers, getting stuck on forms that have no drop-down but that must be completed, to finally finding one that was submitted.

In the past I used to get prompt response and even confirmation of the few tickets I submitted in non-robot answers. Now I'm stuck waiting and hoping I don't get locked out, and that somebody gets back to me to address the issue which should be as straight-forward as it gets.

I'm a paying customer, I play a lot (way too much), organize matches with players/fleets, help people out wherever possible, and try to bring in people to STO. If one overlooks the severe flaws and punishing aspects of the game coding, it really is a great game in comparison to other MMORPGs and the only ST one at that to top it off with some awesome artwork.

But increasingly especially lately I feel that none of that matters, we're just a statistic, a shadow of Neverwinter, long-term players may not matter as much as bringing new ones to jump thought he paygates. The forums are in disarray, customer service links are in disarray, powercreep in overdrive, people lagging and unable to log in (granted this may be due to internet hubs and not the servers for once) without any public relations here acknowledging this, and I'm just not sure what to say other than I hope my ticket gets resolved soon cause it's really not fun being in total limbo regarding the state of your own account through no fault of your own.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I was not aware Cryptic even HAD Customer Service.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I was not aware Cryptic even HAD Customer Service.
    I think that's the joke OP was trying to make.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Update to my last reply here, customer service did just get back to me, and resolved the problem very quickly.

Thanks goes out to the GM who helped me out with it, and for restoring some much needed faith in the system.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    Update to my last reply here, customer service did just get back to me, and resolved the problem very quickly.

Thanks goes out to the GM who helped me out with it, and for restoring some much needed faith in the system.

Congrats! I guess the question as to whether or not it's a myth has finally been solved.

My issue is still "closed" even as it has not yet been addressed. My faith in the system is still quite empty.
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    So the myth that PWE/Cryptic does not have a customer service department? Busted.

And the myth that they are useless more often than not? Confirmed.
  • Options
    joc#8855 joc Member Posts: 39 New User
    customer service only exists if you have money.
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    joc#8855 wrote: »
    customer service only exists if you have money.

customer service no longer exists. its bad for business.
  • Options
    joc#8855 joc Member Posts: 39 New User
    Custmoer service is a dream.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Do you know the ONLY time I ever heard from them? I disputed a PayPal payment...they INSTANTLY shutdown my account and held me to ransom. I either had to drop the dispute, or they wouldn't release my account. I did, because I still wanted to play, but the issue was never dealt with...no ticket I've ever submitted has ever been addressed.
  • Options
    kayajay wrote: »
    Do you know the ONLY time I ever heard from them? I disputed a PayPal payment...they INSTANTLY shutdown my account and held me to ransom. I either had to drop the dispute, or they wouldn't release my account. I did, because I still wanted to play, but the issue was never dealt with...no ticket I've ever submitted has ever been addressed.

Now that's just plain putrid. I had my misgivings and suspicions, but you have now confirmed them. There's no ticket that they addressed to my satisfaction. Barely even anything much more than robo-responses and auto-closures of any ticket I typed up. Positive resolution of problems as far as I'm concerned still does not exist. And the moment they start stealing cash from my account, they might as well ban me right then and there because I won't drop my dispute. I like trek as much as most but I refuse to condone stealing cash from my bank account. And as I will have been shut out from the account, the issue of anyone, "hazzing my stuffs" is just not going to be possible.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    NEVER dispute payments with online games. STO isn't unusual in the way they handle it. The dispute option is the LAST resort you should take when you have issues. Also... it kinda gives the customer service people a reason to not want to help you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Customer service people? I still have yet to hear or read any response other than the likes of "oops! the webpage you are looking for isn't here", "We have received your ticket. Please don't fill out repetitive tickets" or my favorite, "Since we have not received your response to our instructions, (I have received no such instructions previous to this statement) we consider the matter closed."

I won't criticize anyone for forfeiting their disputes so as to resume playing. That being said, I am highly intolerant of people stealing cash from my account. If they try that, I will dispute, knowing full well, my days in this game are over. They may not lose sleep over one less person in this game, but nor will I.
  • Options
    Yeah.... "dispute" in this case isn't about them STEALING from you.

It's about you paying for something and not getting it when you expected. (sometimes zen transactions aren't immediate)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I had an issue about a month ago, the first time I had ever submitted a ticket in my two and a half years here, and while I had to wait about a week, they resolved it quite satisfactorily. I can't deny though that I was really scared I was going to be ignored like so many others are. So I suppose the real question is, why does PWE/Cryptic like some players and dislike others? :* (I meant that humorously, I'm not actually implying they hold grudges. At least I hope they don't)

In the end, I suppose its down to the luck of the draw, as in the time of year you contact them, your previous history with the company, how polite your original complaint was, and perhaps even the mood the Customer Service attendent is in when they review your case. Either way, those who have been dealing with these endless problems always have my deepest sympathy (We've all experienced bad/upsetting dealings with some comapny at some point in our lives) while at the same time making me feel it was all the more miraculous they got back to me. o:)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    In some of the patches, I had items going missing...I never received a reply, so I just had to accept that, BUT I had bought some Zen and it never showed up in my account, it still hasn't to this day and the dispute really was my last resort. Cryptic basically stole almost £100 from me, which I've never seen again, but because I enjoy playing the game, I didn't have a choice but to let it go. They're thieves, liars and extortionists...but what are you supposed to do when they also hold all the cards?
  • Options
    pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Once I had a borg shield on my kdf bop go down on the left side, and never come back up no matter what ship I put it on. I wrote a ticket and one of the devs tracked me down in game and kept in touch with me over a couple weeks while he tracked down why. It was eventually fixed.

Customer service does exist, but if its anything like any other job I have had in a career of customer service it is likely segmented.
  • Options
    In some of the patches, I had items going missing...I never received a reply, so I just had to accept that, BUT I had bought some Zen and it never showed up in my account, it still hasn't to this day and the dispute really was my last resort. Cryptic basically stole almost £100 from me, which I've never seen again, but because I enjoy playing the game, I didn't have a choice but to let it go. They're thieves, liars and extortionists...but what are you supposed to do when they also hold all the cards?

If this is NOT an example of stealing cash from peoples' accounts, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User

Find another game, that's what you do. No game is worth letting them steal from you.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,420 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ...just an urban legend?

I have not been in a situation where i needed to interact with cryptic customer service so i cannot confirm nor deny their "urban legend" status.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    Uh, what did you actually do in your attempts to get them to give you the zen you bought?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Uh, what did you actually do in your attempts to get them to give you the zen you bought?

Ticket after ticket, EVERY email address that I could find through Googling and finally a PayPal dispute.
  • Options
    majosea61majosea61 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I have an open ticket going on 3 years.
  • Options
    Ticket after ticket, EVERY email address that I could find through Googling and finally a PayPal dispute.
    And you gave them the information they needed?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    In the Atari days, Cryptic actually did have customer support for STO with actual GMs that interacted with you in game.

Then PWE came along...

Their CSR...not so much.
  • Options

I gave them everything and would have down to my inside leg measurement...but they don't care.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I gave them everything and would have down to my inside leg measurement...but they don't care.

You owe nothing to any of us to go through the laundry list of what methods you tried and with how much detail you explained the situation. Unless an actual customer support person starts posting or actually contacts you otherwise, I see no point to it. I for one don't need to scrutinize or blame the victim and it would be nice if others would do likewise.

The basic problem is aside from a few lucky cases, customer support does not exist. It's the reason I will never be a monthly gold member. I don't trust them not to steal cash out of my account after I cancel.
  • Options
    The basic problem that I see most often with people dealing with CS is the victim mentality. It's like Kyrrok said "you owe nothing to any of us".... well if you want people to take your side you do. People often use an analogy of a case in court where the defendant is innocent until proven guilty.... well.... as the person making the claim you are the prosecutor and the corporation you are making the claim against is the defendant. CS's job is to look at cases to see if the claim is genuine or not. Sympathy for customers is useless.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing