test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You may not log in from this IP address" - please help!!

Hi Trendy, I'm in the middle of this "You may not log in from this IP address" issue with STO.

The underlying issue is that I've been playing since the game launched in 2010, and I've also paid to be a lifetime member of STO. Have been playing in Hong Kong for many years with a Hong Kong IP address.

It's frustrating to see that I've been disallowed to login (and therefore play) STO just because I'm in Hong Kong.

The first support has only given me a canned response and then closed the ticket. Then the second support banned my account "temporarily."

I feel this is really unfair to me since I've been playing this game since almost day one.

Could you possibly reach out to a higher-up for some powerful resolve in favor of me? I know I am asking for a lot - this game is the only game I play, even if it's not on a regular basis. And to do this to a loyal lifetime member seems very heartless.

Comments

• joc#8855 joc Member Posts: 39 New User
    I've been naugty. he he he
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You going to need a proxy server to get around this problem, sadly..
    Post edited by sunfrancks on
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    "Due to a business agreement with their international partners in certain regions, Perfect World Entertainment blocks Star Trek Online from certain regions, including China, Taiwan, Russia, Hong Kong, South Korea, Macau, Vietnam and Egypt[93] and will apply this block both to players wanting to start as well as existing accounts that travel to these regions."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Online

SOL dude, you may need to find ways to hide your IP.

I wonder...why people in Asia cannot play STO ? They farm too much and would crash the dilithium exchange ? or what ?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    deokkent wrote: »
    "Due to a business agreement with their international partners in certain regions, Perfect World Entertainment blocks Star Trek Online from certain regions, including China, Taiwan, Russia, Hong Kong, South Korea, Macau, Vietnam and Egypt[93] and will apply this block both to players wanting to start as well as existing accounts that travel to these regions."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Online

SOL dude, you may need to find ways to hide your IP.

I wonder...why people in Asia cannot play STO ? They farm too much and would crash the dilithium exchange ? or what ?

^^^
    >"Due to a business agreement with their international partners in certain regions, Perfect World Entertainment blocks Star Trek Online from certain regions"

Probably something to do with reducing competition in certain regions if I had to guess.

And yes, they farm too hard in Asia. Asian are like "STO Grind ? What Grind ?" :D
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    joc#8855 wrote: »
    I've been naugty. he he he

I suppose it beats remembering to use a spell-checker.

boldly-watched.png
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Well, imagine a few million Chinese players speaking their native language in zone chat... ;)
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • beamscort1beamscort1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I use a program called Hide My IP to circumvent such nonsense. It can set your location anywhere on this fascist planet. I use it to watch Youtube videos that are not allowed in the USA.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    Hola... Google it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas