test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

After clicking 'Engage', GameClient.exe stops working

After I recently downloaded and installed STO again from Steam, each time I try to start the game windows says that GameClient.exe has stopped working. This happens before even a loading screen appears. I know that there are more people with similar problems, possibly the same, but I did not find such a post.

If you need a certain error report I would be happy to fetch it, if you need it. I hope anyone can help me.

Regards,

macarcherr

Comments

• Options
    outofmyway1outofmyway1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I get the same error after patch hit engage and goes to criptic load then show sto screen loading and crashes game . the game ver files again and started and same thing got to same spot and crash also my vid driver crashed and recoverd im runing win 10 wonder if I need to run in win 8 or 7 mode
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    This is what I had happen after the last patch. Its not a Windows 10 issue as there are others with Windows 7 and 8.x also suffering gameclient.exe stalls.

What I found was that I had to run in safe mode (from the options screen of the loader) and once in game I moved the display driver from "Auto" to "DX11". It then booted in OK for me however I now get the random gameclient stalls mentioned in http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200615/freezing-during-loading-screen-zone-changes

server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    macarcherrmacarcherr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I get the same error after patch hit engage and goes to criptic load then show sto screen loading and crashes game . the game ver files again and started and same thing got to same spot and crash also my vid driver crashed and recoverd im runing win 10 wonder if I need to run in win 8 or 7 mode

I don't even get to a loading screen. The screen goes black and after a while I get the error.
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    This is what I had happen after the last patch. Its not a Windows 10 issue as there are others with Windows 7 and 8.x also suffering gameclient.exe stalls.

What I found was that I had to run in safe mode (from the options screen of the loader) and once in game I moved the display driver from "Auto" to "DX11". It then booted in OK for me however I now get the random gameclient stalls mentioned in http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200615/freezing-during-loading-screen-zone-changes

I did try safe mode before posting this and tried again. Didn't work as I expected. :disappointed:

I think the biggest difference from anyone else is the fact that I get an instant black screen.
  • Options
    sutherlandm86sutherlandm86 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Second time installing on PC workded after few months first time around. Same thing keeps happing here as well. Hit engage loads one screen and then freezes on second and says client has stopped working and stays there. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    damainxdamainx Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Same issue, black screen after clicking 'Engage' from ARC. Then, GameClient.exe crashes. Didn't have this issue last week.

I am running Win10 64. Intel I7, 32GB ram, blah blah.
  • Options
    macarcherrmacarcherr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    In a sudden mood of what the hell I installed it through ark instead of steam, which seems to have solved my problem. So if your game doesn't even get to the cryptic loading screen, try that. I hope it's not temporary. If so it's a shame that I don't have a Temporal Vessel ;)
  • Options
    tacgoldin#8169 tacgoldin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I got the same thing. since the last patch. I try to reinstall, try to remove the file frome patch and re loaded to repatch and still same resalt im using steam with win 7 64bt. the patch is this Hall Days before that patch it work fine. My dad was able play some hours then ween he came back It happened to him too on win 8.
  • Options
    greasyridgesgreasyridges Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @nyxadrill said:
    > This is what I had happen after the last patch. Its not a Windows 10 issue as there are others with Windows 7 and 8.x also suffering gameclient.exe stalls.
    >
    > What I found was that I had to run in safe mode (from the options screen of the loader) and once in game I moved the display driver from "Auto" to "DX11". It then booted in OK for me however I now get the random gameclient stalls mentioned in *link removed*

Safe Mode worked for me.
    Thank you, didn't know the option was there as you have to scroll down to find it.