test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace party amplifier stuck on Vlugta mine.

Comments

• angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    When I checked (as in, logged in and immediately seeing it, forcing me to log off again), Quark's #1 had multiple right in the center of the room.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    this is getting absurd...
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • elsabahnarrfelsabahnarrf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    While "Trolls" and "Dental" have been blamed in this thread. Wasn't there some dude on Twitter that outright challenged them to "mass-suicide" for this?
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    Troll watch alert, same on esd. Avoid ESD #7.​​
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    We have decided to make the ultimate sacrifice to free all public zones from darkness. All will be light.

If you are in fact one of the ones spawning these party balls, just be aware that your "fun" is deliberately causing lag for other players, up to the point of causing game crashes.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Farktoid managed to figure this out.

Turns out, if you die right after dropping a party bomb, it lives indefinitely. You sacrifice your life, that the party may live on forever.

We'll get it fixed. What a funny bug.
    daveyny wrote: »
    I think this is a major game improvement!

... of course you do.

But, how many players are going to give up in disgust and leave the game because of it...

Me thinks the Folks that actually run the game and expect it to make a profit, don't really agree with you.

This might just be the straw that breaks the camels back and you'll lose your 'toy' all together.

>shrug<

The folks that actually run the game told us how to do it themselves and added a "enjoy the party while it lasts." If DR, numerous bugs, crippling lag, and other major issues of the last years hasn't driven away their income, I doubt flashing lights will.

The point is the devs know its there and are planning to remove the bug anyway. I've heard "the last straw" and "this is it" from players on this forums for years, but I guess that day is still aways off, regardless of your own personal wishes.

Now I could be wrong, but doesn't the game's ToS specifically state that "intentional use of any game-breaking bug, "game breaking" being defined as "functioning beyond/outside of stated parameters, especially in the player's favor"", is considered exploiting, and grounds for massive XP removals, banning, and/or account locking/deletion?

And I've posted where one of our lovely devs have issued the declaration of bug, therefore making intentional reproduction of said "forever party ball" an exploit.

Which leads me to ask, what if the Devs are telling you to "enjoy the never-ending party ball that exists on the OPs pic while it lasts", and, instead of "somehow recommending" that Players break the TOS, used the posting of conditions as a warning that replicating that particular esoteric set of conditions just might get the user labelled as an exploiter.

Especially in light of the "supposed impossibility" of their recreation.​​
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Deep Space 9, instance #3.

There is a never ending party amplifier above the security officer NPCs near the tailor and also 1 in the room above the tailor.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    angarus1 wrote: »
    Farktoid managed to figure this out.

Turns out, if you die right after dropping a party bomb, it lives indefinitely. You sacrifice your life, that the party may live on forever.

We'll get it fixed. What a funny bug.

Not too funny for folks like me who get nauseous seeing them, though. :/

I know how ya feel. Hurts my eyes.

I love this.

Whiny pubbie: Discoballs are making my toon dance against my will, FIX THIS.
    Cryptic Dev: OK it's fixed.
    Whiny pubbie: Discoballs are making my game lag, FIX THIS.
    Cryptic Dev: OK it's fixed.
    Whiny pubbie: Discoballs are making me actually feel sick irl for real this time, FIX THIS

Keep on making up excuses to try and get discoballs removed guys, you don't look ridiculous at all.
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
    New Romulas Command also.

Some TRIBBLE are going out of their way to exploit this and annoy as many people as possible. Please fix it ASAP.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    They're going to need to do emergency maintenance here if these things are now crashing people as it seems. There is only so many objects of this sort a game engine can handle before it can't anymore...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They're going to need to do emergency maintenance here if these things are now crashing people as it seems. There is only so many objects of this sort a game engine can handle before it can't anymore...

All the more reason to increase the cooldown on them and lock them down to being used only in specific places. Or, if people are going to abuse them to troll everyone else, then take away the item altogether. It's nothing but useless fluff and serves no valuable purpose in the game, anyway.
    sov42 wrote: »
    All the more reason to increase the cooldown on them and lock them down to being used only in specific places. Or, if people are going to abuse them to troll everyone else, then take away the item altogether. It's nothing but useless fluff and serves no valuable purpose in the game, anyway.

Why do you think giving combat buffs isn't a valuable purpose?
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
    DS9 instance #1. Somehow 2 party amplifiers are right on top of each other right at the beam in point. It hurts my eyes to see this after entering the station. :rage:

screenshot_2015-08-23-01-24-27_zpsplblom5u.jpg~original

Leave it to starfleet dental to come in here, go off topic, and just mock us for reporting a bug. I find their behavior insulting.
  • doavoidmedoavoidme Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    now i perhaps know why some of the players getting crashes at beaming down at any place where those party amplifires are put up for more then one day, players get crashes because of that and even the cryptic error doesn;t work anymore so more bugs will imply more crashes
  • captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    This is the best bug.
    Unless your fleetmates are using ten year old Dell laptops, I highly doubt that.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Unless your fleetmates are using ten year old Dell laptops, I highly doubt that.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to spare just a little wee bit of sympathy, for players who are being affected by others abusing something that's been stated as not working-as-intended?
  • doavoidmedoavoidme Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    perhaps they don't care if the game works properly or not
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    Meh.

All things in moderation. Since it's a bug that is apparently being exploited, it should be fixed. However let's not jump on the "OMGNERFDISCOBALLSNOW" bandwagon. The items fine as it is, minus the exploit. Quit trying to take away things that other people enjoy.

It's an amusing bug to me. There are many other bugs and annoyances that need more attention in my opinion.

If something like this is driving people away, then those people were never going to stay anyway.
    chipg7 wrote: »

Don't suppose you'd be willing to spare just a little wee bit of sympathy, for players who are being affected by others abusing something that's been stated as not working-as-intended?

I might if most of the people complaining about it weren't known to be prone to exaggeration and flat out lies about anything Dental does.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    The bug fix will appear in our next weekly maintenance patch.

If you enter combat within the proximity of an Emitter, they should fade away. Not sure if that's also broken in their bugged-out state, though.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User

If you enter combat within the proximity of an Emitter, they should fade away. Not sure if that's also broken in their bugged-out state, though.
    I now feel the need to test this. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

Now you've done it, there's going to be running battles between people trying to turn them off and people trying to keep them up. :D
    Fx3popQ.png
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User

Lol a week? Let me know when you are done. It's funny how many times players, who are not part of Dental, have brought this issues up with suggestions for client side shutoffs or locked locations only to see the developers leave the troll balls for the trolls without a care for 90% of the player base. Now a a group is running an exploit (Will you punish them? You punished people for running patrols after S10) that is crashing players out and making the game unplayable. I really really hope you see a crash in player logins and revenue as social zones are now largely a mess. I wonder will it take another round of revenue losses and layoffs from PW for intelligent player centric decisions to be made? I hope not, but I won't be surprised.
  • fringecutleryfringecutlery Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    Now you've done it, there's going to be running battles between people trying to turn them off and people trying to keep them up. :D
    As far as I can tell, entering combat doesn't actually remove them.

So the outcome is more likely be that a bunch of people (some that probably avoided these places before) are going to seek out the orbs, flail wildly under them, while adding more light and sound to the "party".

I guess that's one way of getting people with nullifiers to dance.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User

Not fast enough, have you even seen how bad it's getting in game? Or do you find that funny too?
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2015
This discussion has been closed.