test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subspace party amplifier stuck on Vlugta mine.

This amplifier has been continuously going for over 24 hrs in the exact same location. I've been there several times on several toons over the last couple days and it hasn't stopped. I even waited 30 minutes to see if someone was putting it up again and again, but no, it's just stuck and won't shut off.

2hncoeh.jpg

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Almost 72hrs, still active.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    Confirmed.

I've visited the Vlugta mine several times and it's showing for me as well. It's a little weird to see it going this long.

Just like @sov42 I stayed there for a full 35 minutes to see if it was dissapating and being respawned...but nope, just kept spinning...and spinning....and spinning.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    They know how to throw a party down in the mines.
    Still going. lol
    Must be sponsored by Energizer. It's still going and going and going.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    But.... you can't even use them on that map....

How did...

Wha?
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    But.... you can't even use them on that map....

How did...

Wha?

#DevMagic I blame Zero... LOL
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    Farktoid managed to figure this out.

Turns out, if you die right after dropping a party bomb, it lives indefinitely. You sacrifice your life, that the party may live on forever.

We'll get it fixed. What a funny bug.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
    edited August 2015

Turns out, if you die right after dropping a party bomb, it lives indefinitely. You sacrifice your life, that the party may live on forever.

lol Maybe it's the new way Klingons warn Sto'vah'kor that a warrior is coming.

There's a dozen or so active on the asteroid and in the airlock. Funny thing is, there's no way to die in the airlock, so how are people doing this? Either way, it's starting to get a little ridiculous. Something tells me this is Starfleet Dental's doing.

bevx35.jpg
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    You sacrifice your life, that the party may live on forever.

lol This is one of the best things I've read today.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Best bug ever! Frankly, the people who hate these in the game really need to relax. It's only a game, enjoy the party!
    edited August 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Best bug ever! Frankly, the people who hate these in the game really need to relax. It's only a game, enjoy the party!

Actually, there's so many of them going now, it's causing FPS issues and lagging the map. So, it kinda IS a problem.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    well this explains the fps issues I'm getting on k7...which isnt even in the same sector block.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    aethon3050 wrote: »
    You sacrifice your life, that the party may live on forever.

lol This is one of the best things I've read today.

LOL same here.
    server_hamster6.png
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Do NOT fix this bug!
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Do NOT fix this bug!

Well, tough s***, it's gettin fixed.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Leave it to Cryptic to "fix" the good stuff and make the real problems worse.
    Wait...maybe we've been dealing with mirror universe Cryptic all along? That would explain a few things.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Borticus, ever since you posted to Twitter, the party balls are going up in many major social maps. The lag problems were getting way better with the latest hardware upgrades and optimization patches, but now a handful social maps are becomming near-unplayable.

Trolls gonna troll, but at least the trolls themselves can be blamed for lagging the game.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User

I don't find it funny at all. Now that you posted it they're showing up all over the game and you find this funny? Disco balls need to be changed that you can't have more than one on a map at any given time. Or fix the nullifier to the point that people who have them can't see disco balls at all.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    sov42 wrote: »
    There's a dozen or so active on the asteroid and in the airlock. Funny thing is, there's no way to die in the airlock, so how are people doing this? Either way, it's starting to get a little ridiculous. Something tells me this is Starfleet Dental's doing.

Something tells me you're right, count the fix as one more win for the players vs trolls on STO. There are still more "bugs" being used by affiliated groups as a means to aggravate though, not to mention profit at the literal expense of everyone else.

Borticus, ask Trendy, she knows what I mean.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1wTm6fw.png​​[/img]
    edited August 2015

I don't find it funny at all. Now that you posted it they're showing up all over the game and you find this funny? Disco balls need to be changed that you can't have more than one on a map at any given time. Or fix the nullifier to the point that people who have them can't see disco balls at all.
    xtern1ty wrote: »

Something tells me you're right, count the fix as one more win for the players vs trolls on STO. There are still more "bugs" being used by affiliated groups as a means to aggravate though, not to mention profit at the literal expense of everyone else.

Borticus, ask Trendy, she knows what I mean.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1wTm6fw.png​​[/img]

Frankly, I'd love to see them restricted to only be usable at locations where you can buy them. ie. Drozana, Quark's, Risa, etc. ESD is laggy as hell as it is. All the exploits trolls use just make it worse.

Also, make the cooldown longer.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    Frankly, I'd love to see them restricted to only be usable at locations where you can buy them. ie. Drozana, Quark's, Risa, etc. ESD is laggy as hell as it is. All the exploits trolls use just make it worse.

Agreed.​​
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    I think this is a major game improvement!

... of course you do.

But, how many players are going to give up in disgust and leave the game because of it...

Me thinks the Folks that actually run the game and expect it to make a profit, don't really agree with you.

This might just be the straw that breaks the camels back and you'll lose your 'toy' all together.

>shrug<
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    There's an phrase that's been used in MMO's since at least Ultima Online. "If you abuse it, you lose it."
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    I think this is a major game improvement!

... of course you do.

But, how many players are going to give up in disgust and leave the game because of it...

Me thinks the Folks that actually run the game and expect it to make a profit, don't really agree with you.

This might just be the straw that breaks the camels back and you'll lose your 'toy' all together.

>shrug<

0, are you kidding me, people like you is a bettter reason why players leave in disgust !!!
    edited August 2015
    Btw, Borticus, there's a ton of these allover Risa instance 1. Like 6 of them stuck right at the beam-in point. It's blinding and caused a few fleet-mates to crash.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User

Not too funny for folks like me who get nauseous seeing them, though. :/
    angarus1 wrote: »

Not too funny for folks like me who get nauseous seeing them, though. :/

I know how ya feel. Hurts my eyes.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    its on space station k7 instance one now....two of em, one in the central area, another in the shipyard.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
This discussion has been closed.