test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account wide ship unlocks

I have the Sar Thelan and most other ships on some of my characters, but some cannot access it. Some characters even have a Grel Gret in their ship selection tab but cannot access it in the Event Store.

Is there a way to access ships you should have access to? Don't dump me into the bottomless pit of bug reports as I am SURE if this was a bug they would have fixed it by now. So it must be some in game puzzle for accessing your ships!

Answers

• Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    2 things:

1) characters must run an event to unlock the store. I don't know of crystaline works but it might. For sure the winter and summer events do.

2) there's a known bug that prevents some characters from getting the breen ships. It's in the known bugs list at the bottom of the release notes.

Hope that helps :) eventually you'll get access on all characters.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    as I am SURE if this was a bug they would have fixed it by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBufTl7slc
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    I have the Sar Thelan and most other ships on some of my characters, but some cannot access it. Some characters even have a Grel Gret in their ship selection tab but cannot access it in the Event Store.

Is there a way to access ships you should have access to? Don't dump me into the bottomless pit of bug reports as I am SURE if this was a bug they would have fixed it by now. So it must be some in game puzzle for accessing your ships!

You claim Event ships in the Event Rep -> Store tab -> Account Reward Claim. You must have completed the Rep Project for that individual ship, cannot have that ship in your Ship Roster, and cannot have a crate with that ship in your inventory/bank. You also need space in your inventory to receive the crate the ship comes in and Ship Slots to place the ship into.

The Chel Grett is a special case, having bugged at both the account discount and later account unlock stages. The original Rep Project for the Chel Grett was "Claim a Breen Cruiser", but when Cruiser Commands came out and the Breen Cruiser... wasn't... they eventually did a text change that renamed the Rep Project to "Claim a Breen Warship". I suspect that the logs aren't properly referencing both Rep Project names, and for some reason it is difficult to get it to do so, so both the discount and later unlock went... wonky. On the plus side it is still considered a "known issue", something that many bugs don't seem to qualify for. So there is hope, and you are not alone.

If it's anything other than the Chel Grett, though... no joy. Purchasing the Event DSD with Lobi, for example, does not complete the Rep Project and thus doesn't get you the account unlock. If it's anything else, and you fulfill all of the requirements I mentioned at the beginning, it's a more specific bug; those aren't so likely to get fixed.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    *sigh*, I would love to be able to unlock all of my lock box ships account wide :-(
  • Options
    sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    lockbox ships being account wide would be great.
    and Lobi store ships.
    because they're expensive.
    I dont mind waiting on my new toons for the next event to unlock the stupid store.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    Oops, had the ship in my bank:)