test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Dental Visits Cryptic Studios!

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I have one request of Starfleet Dental. If you all made limited addition tooth brushes, I know I would by one or more!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So I just did a MASSIVE cleaning of this thread. You can hate on dental all you want, but not on this forum or thread.

And that does not mean be passive in your hate, it means knock it off completely. Further comments that derail this post will result in actual actions against said posters.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Differently colored dental technician pets in lobi store lockboxes. Let's make it happen.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Between this and the Public Service channel, I can't really bring myself to hate Dental, even though I'm fully aware they've done some questionable things.

I'll still call them trolls, because that's what a good number of them are, and masters at that - it takes a real expert at the craft to do what they do and get such a marked reaction all while doing it within the rules, so no actionable offense is ever committed. But some of them are good people, too, perfectly approachable and friendly. When you get right down to it, they're... human. Some are jerks, some are awesome.

At the end of the day, you gotta remember that Dental is made up of individuals, and just because an individual from Dental singles you out and chases you across multiple instances just to annoy you doesn't mean Dental as a whole has targeted you and deserves to be crucified for it.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'd still like to point out nobody ever sends me free ice cream :(. Though I suppose shipping is a little too much.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    I'd still like to point out nobody ever sends me free ice cream :(. Though I suppose shipping is a little too much.​​

Clearly the answer to that is to go work for Cryptic.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Dear users of this community:

It was my pleasure to visit Cryptic Studios and share my experiences with all of you. I believe we have neglected to show what was exactly inside the ice chest, and I regret not taking a picture. I have attached the following image of my receipt upon purchase of the items, the day we visited. I have blurred out any information that may cause an inconvenience to those who wish to tarnish my or anyone else's reputation.

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Diplomatic Authority
    Starfleet Dental/Academy
    gRDBweW.jpg
    Edit: Sugar Free, Original, Mint Chocolate Chip, Reese's, Heath Bar Crunch- not in that order.
  • Options
    fourxgamerfourxgamer Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    As representatives of the people, did you do any lobbying or bring to the devs' attention the concerns of the community regarding lag, pvp content, or power creep issues. I know you have pages of ideas on the matter in your forum that I have read extensively but did you share any of them?

Also, did you promote any of your fleet's foundry missions while you were there?

I don't know if it's been asked as I didn't read this thread prior to the heavy mod editing, but I'm curious if you have to schedule an appointment to meet the staff or do people just drop by and distribute snacks?

Oh... and did you get your character reinstated as a result of this trip?

Thanks for your consideration.
  • Options
    Dear fourxgamer,

The overall motive for the entire trip is confidential and the events that played out exceeded our expectations. As for technical issues, we asked about things that were to be kept within the studios. When visiting, you must sign an NDA and I wish to honor that. As far as I know, there was a patch planned and there was skepticism that it would be delayed based on our visit. The patch came out, we talked about what we needed to talk about and answers were justifiable.

I did not bribe the devs with a stack of money to reinstate me I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself. I look forward to going back in the distant/near future.

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Diplomatic Authority
    Starfleet Dental/Academy
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Anyway the trip was more of a "hey cool, so this is where you guys do it! keep up the good work and brush your teeth!" Thing than like going to argue with them about the game.

Yeah, I doubt just turning up and expecting to argue about why x should do y and z should be nerfed will go down well. Sodding OP z. :(
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    zombieredshirtzombieredshirt Member Posts: 19 Arc User

This was hilarious, got a damn good belly laugh out of this. Thanks for sharing :D
  • Options
    aotcaotc Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    fourxgamer wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been asked as I didn't read this thread prior to the heavy mod editing, but I'm curious if you have to schedule an appointment to meet the staff or do people just drop by and distribute snacks?

You would most likely have to set something up with one of the devs before hand for a visit.

I do know many people in-game do end up sending treats to the various sto team members. If you're interested in doing that just contact the person or someone on that team in-game and ask for more information.
    Rp3nTGM.png

Goodnight, troll sweet prince.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry I missed out, sounds like a good time.
    To my knowledge, no one ended up in the hospital, so yay!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,417 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

Did you remember to get the building fumigated after their visit?​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I know at least one of the dental/Wesley guys got to meet ya at STLV

I still regret missing out on that!

Have you guys all fully recovered?

If ya ever want to swing by the Wesley mumble again and shoot the sh*t, we promise to forcibly exclude the abrasive guy!

HA HA! I had at least 3 separate people come up to me in Vegas and apologize to me about that incident what, 2 or 3 years ago, which I had pretty much forgotten about entirely.

shazia9191 wrote: »
    Also, Taco visited the mumble? Can't believe I missed that! Hopefully there's a next time!

It was long ago, and I had been strong armed into it by my friend, and former coworker/roommate, Cliff. And it was a great example of why we DON'T do that.
  • Options
    cookiecupcakescookiecupcakes Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    gardat wrote: »
    Differently colored dental technician pets in lobi store lockboxes. Let's make it happen.

Your rainbow text description thingy is SO PRETTY. I LOVE IT!
    EEiLA7V.jpg
  • Options
    grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User

If ya ever want to swing by the Wesley mumble again and shoot the sh*t, we promise to forcibly exclude the abrasive guy!

HA HA! I had at least 3 separate people come up to me in Vegas and apologize to me about that incident what, 2 or 3 years ago, which I had pretty much forgotten about entirely.

Also, Taco visited the mumble? Can't believe I missed that! Hopefully there's a next time!

It was long ago, and I had been strong armed into it by my friend, and former coworker/roommate, Cliff. And it was a great example of why we DON'T do that.

I dunno man, that visit of yours has become a great way for us to call out said abrasive "guy".
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    blueweak wrote: »
    Dear fourxgamer,

The overall motive for the entire trip is confidential and the events that played out exceeded our expectations. As for technical issues, we asked about things that were to be kept within the studios. When visiting, you must sign an NDA and I wish to honor that. As far as I know, there was a patch planned and there was skepticism that it would be delayed based on our visit. The patch came out, we talked about what we needed to talk about and answers were justifiable.

I did not bribe the devs with a stack of money to reinstate me I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself. I look forward to going back in the distant/near future.

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Diplomatic Authority
    Starfleet Dental/Academy

So, basically, Dental is collectively being given Kestrel's old job and will be in charge of the game's lore by committee, right? ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Thomasthecat said he put the rest of the Klondike Bars into a freezer, did you at least get to have one?

Dear TacoFangs,

It is regretful that I did not get to meet you and clarify if you indeed were a tacofang, let alone many. I hope you were able to enjoy at least one Klondike bar before they were eaten, taken away or thrown away. Apologies for the non-diplomatic response, which has since been crossed out.

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Diplomatic Authority
    Starfleet Dental/Academy
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    I'd still like to point out nobody ever sends me free ice cream :(. Though I suppose shipping is a little too much.

Clearly the answer to that is to go work for Cryptic.

You know I've asked, but apparently they don't have an opening for a palaeoecologist :'(.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    grimrak1 wrote: »

I dunno man, that visit of yours has become a great way for us to call out said abrasive "guy".

I honestly don't even remember specifics of whatever happened anymore. I'm holding no grudges. But I also won't be returning to anyone's (players) teamspeak servers.
  • Options
    sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Omg druk you're dental? That is why you're always sticking up for them!
    I still dont know what starfleet dental is...
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,417 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Edit: Never mind. I just remember one should not feed certain creatures.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.