test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crashing to desktop (CTD) repeatedly

darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
Although I shouldn't need to report this because I'm sure it's been reported already multiple times, and it was "Resolved" in last week's patch....or so say the patch notes.

Issue is this:
Map Transition causes the game to CTD. 2-3 times per day.
Switching characters causes the game to CTD. 1-2 times per day.

This has been happening since the launch of season 10. Any chance of it being fixed before the launch of season 11?
Would really be nice.

Comments

• Options
    This issue is beyond annoying.......
    I've been logged in STO for almost 90 mins today and my game has CTD 2 times on map transitions and once on a character change!!
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Had a similar problem once, turned out that I had some corrupt data. Try the windows internal scan disk & make sure auto correction is turned on as well. It sure as hell takes ages but is worth a try IF the sto file detection and a reinstall didn't solved the problem for you already by then. Good luck.
  • Options
    Had a similar problem once, turned out that I had some corrupt data. Try the windows internal scan disk & make sure auto correction is turned on as well. It sure as hell takes ages but is worth a try IF the sto file detection and a reinstall didn't solved the problem for you already by then. Good luck.
    I have "Verified Files" by way of the box that pops up asking if you want to verify files due to the game crashing. Didn't help. But I have not tried the Windows Scan Disk as yet. I'll try that if today's patch doesn't help matters. According to the patch notes for today Aug. 13, there are fixes for what they call "occasional" crashes.....I guess your game has to crash several times per hour to be considered anything more than "occasional".

• Options
    Well after today's patch...it's worse!!! Now EVERYTIME I switch characters or change maps my game HANGS and I have to "End Task" and restart my game!!! Thanks for making things worse Craptic!! I shoulda known. Incompetence rules Craptic!
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    darpink wrote: »
    Well after today's patch...it's worse!!! Now EVERYTIME I switch characters or change maps my game HANGS and I have to "End Task" and restart my game!!! Thanks for making things worse Craptic!! I shoulda known. Incompetence rules Craptic!

Yep I'm getting the same thing.
  • Options
    darkhorse281darkhorse281 Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    This is getting ridiculous, I'm tired of having to re-log half the time I just want to change maps. This needs to be fixed now, you are making this game unplayable. They cant even get an annual event to go right. I'm betting they wont even look at this forum.
  • Options
    shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    yep same here
    ogew7.jpg
  • Options
    misthollowmisthollow Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I have not been able to play at all since I get to the character select screen and it crashes to desktop. Was patiently waiting until today's patch to be able to play since I want to the the event I get on and patch and I actually make it past the character select screen this time, so I am very hopefull get my rep started, que up get actually in the event and before I can target boom crash to desktop. I can log in a toon but I can do nothing else
    Post edited by misthollow on
  • Options
    Yep.....they did emergency maintenance to fix respec problems etc......because that's important. If you can play long enough for it to matter that is.
    Patched and logged in, did the Entity PVE for my event reward and then tried to switch characters and the game hangs at 94.64%. Sigh.
    I guess upper management doesn't care when the bug squashers say they have "Resolved" an issue when in fact they have not! Video game industry has GREAT job security I reckon. Any other corporation would fire your TRIBBLE for such POOR performance.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Im also having problems, I would get the odd AppHang issue yesterday intermittently, I thought today's patch would fix it, instead, it's even worse now, I'm getting the app hang on almost every map transition. It's infuriating. I've tried all I can, including force verify, nothing helps. Please fix asap.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    3 hours of playing today has resulted in multiple "App Hangs". All I've been doing is the Klingon Story line missions, change maps=app hang, come back and "Continue" the mission=app hang, come back and try again and complete the mission, take new mission and go to start location and enter the system=app hang....wtf!?

Description:
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 55cd0e73
    Hang Signature: ef72
    Hang Type: 0
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: ef7267b7a74c741cf8c84f2798f336c9
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 60e3
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 60e3a69cb3bcf7646ec0c36b4641a3db
    Additional Hang Signature 4: ef72
    Additional Hang Signature 5: ef7267b7a74c741cf8c84f2798f336c9
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 60e3
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 60e3a69cb3bcf7646ec0c36b4641a3db

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt