test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of the War #17

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Cratak put down the statuary and tapped her communicator. “Cratak here. Ready to beam the team back. There’s nobody left… just the animals. All the people are gone from this settlement.”

Read more from our recent Tales of the War.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Interesting...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    does this mean new romulas people are gone?
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    This sounds more like something the Elachi would do... Why would the Heralds want to abduct people? They usually just shoot first, shoot second, shoot some more, then when everybody's dead, pack up and go home.

This is getting kinda odd...
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Yup, very odd.

Iconians were supposed to wipe people out after M'tara's moderation was gone. This is like T'Ket and all who agreed with her disappeared too and someone who likes to study puny humanoids prevailed.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Abductions? That's a new twist...

Hmmm...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I agree, this is starting to sound just a little like the Elachi..I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the Elachi or Solanae are doing this as an attempt to please their Iconian masters, especially in light of M'Tara's death.

Alternatively, they're trying to find a weakness in Romulan physiology that they can exploit.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Taken 4. With special guest star Liam Neeson.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Î figure the Elachi still could use a few bodies for their procreation method?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    I'm confused. Did she beam up or get snatched by something at the end?
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I'm curious, and I don't recall, was there ever any direct observation of the Heralds abducting anyone? Or were there just many reports like these of people missing from locations attacked by Heralds? What I'm suggesting is that perhaps it's not actually the Heralds doing the "abducting" at all. Perhaps a friendly influence, perhaps even through temporal manipulation, is arriving to spirit away would-be victims just as the Heralds attack. We're going to find a massive refugee camp somewhere filled with evacuated survivors.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Now that's a plot twist if I ever saw one. Yeah I have to agree it's more in line with Elachi tactics but...

"The whole house was hollow now, empty – like the whole galaxy was in danger of becoming."

That suggests to me that the "issue" is not restricted to New Romulus.

I wonder if there's a "Mine Trap"-ish PVE queue coming where we have to do what the tactical team was doing:
    sweeping settlements and stop Herald Thralls from taking people.

What do they want with them anyway? I could understand the Elachi but... The Heralds? We've taken down M'Tara and I expected them to go all-out and steamroll us and... this?

Maybe when we took M'Tara down the Iconians as a faction became fractured? Different Icos with different tactics and agendas?

Don't get me wrong, it's very interesting. :smile:
    NEXT CHAPTER! ^^

edit:
    It is sad to see the trees of the Isha Forest burn. :S
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • mickeystrangemickeystrange Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    "But enemies who appeared in the middle of the night, whisked away your family and your children, and vanished to some place millions of light years away – it had an uncomfortable similarity to the tactics of the Tal Shiar...." No one else found this comment entertaining, considering we've been told that the Tal Shiar now answer to the Iconians ?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    See.... another story the war needs!

I'm thinking L'Miren and T'Ket are on the war path. Maybe L'Miren wants people to experiment on?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Quite provocative. Almost sounds like a variation on the plot of the Aussie movie 'Picnic at Hanging Rock'.

Cheers... RRF Admiral Cybyl
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

I'm thinking L'Miren and T'Ket are on the war path. Maybe L'Miren wants people to experiment on?
    Maybe bio-weapon development? Create a substance that they can introduce via gateway to a planet and wipe out the entire population.... kinda like fumigating to kill bugs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • massflyermassflyer Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    The more of these I read, the more I thing the robotic Herald troops are captured civilians that were removed from their bodies and put in the herald automatons.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Maybe bio-weapon development? Create a substance that they can introduce via gateway to a planet and wipe out the entire population.... kinda like fumigating to kill bugs.

Maybe they need new Heralds... They have lost a few during the war.

Maybe they have some way of turning others, into the lesser races that serve them.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User

Maybe they need new Heralds... They may have lost a few during the war.

Maybe they have some way of turning others into their lesser races that sever them.

That or M'Tara's lot commited scuicide with the loss of their god.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    massflyer wrote: »
    The more of these I read, the more I thing the robotic Herald troops are captured civilians that were removed from their bodies and put in the herald automatons.

That reminds me of the Prometheans from Halo. O.O

*le wild Halo theme kicks in*

^^
    -
  • cmdrwhitneycmdrwhitney Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    A fascinating development! Posters are right, this is not seeming like the Heralds at all. They don't abduct, they destroy. Something's up!
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    And another interesting read :) Love these more and more and I hope you will continue giving us such short stories even when in the new Season!
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    saekiith wrote: »
    And another interesting read :) Love these more and more and I hope you will continue giving us such short stories even when in the new Season!

Yeeees that would be awesome :smile:
    To see what the other characters of the story are up to, while we're busy "exploring" and sending our inactive ships to heavens know where.
    -
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Does this mean new areas to explore/fight for on ch'Mol'Rihan, soon? >:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Maybe they need new Heralds... They may have lost a few during the war.

Maybe they have some way of turning others into their lesser races that sever them.
    That or M'Tara's lot commited scuicide with the loss of their god.
    I just had a scary thought.... What is L'miren's idea of war?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    When I last fought them before being sent back to Kobali. They was not taking people, they was killing them. Since the war has calmed down. And no additional reports of war other than Vaadwuar still fighting. I find these reports misleading.

Now back to killing Vaadwuar to help out on the Iconian Resistance. For we know the Vaadwuar is a bigger threat and the Iconians is a minor issue.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I agree with the other posters. Abduction is not an Iconian tactic. Such tasks are always delegated to the lesser races, the heralds and servitors. This stinks of the Tal Shiar. If you wish to hold out a beacon of hope, Sela is the only other person fighting T'Mara's coven behind the scenes with an interest specific to the Romulans, and Sela is not above using Tal Shiar tactics, not to mention that she is far too familiar with Iconian physiology and technology not to use that to her advantage.
    There is one other thing that is never hinted at in the stories; Not every Iconian agreed with T'Mara and followed her after the sundering of Iconia. Not every Iconian abandoned the light. Iconian tech is not exclusive to her and her followers. Lets wait and see if this technical nightmare Nog is feverishly working on plays a useful role.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    We've seen the Heralds kidnap people before. At the end of "Cutting the Cord" we see a Herald ship capture the Leahval and tow her through a Gateway. We know that the crew of this ship ended up with the Elachi and Solanae, so we can argue that they're not the only Iconian forces who kidnap people.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    Why do I get the bad feeling that Heralds were being used to abduct people simply because the writers forgot that the Elachi exist?
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • raxicoricoraxicorico Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Why do I get the bad feeling that Heralds were being used to abduct people simply because the writers forgot that the Elachi exist?

Lol good point. I hope not

I wonder if they are thinking the bio-weapon idea...but more along the lines of using the lower lifeforms (us) instead of just wiping us out. Conversion idea that has been suggested sounds plausible. But I am thinking conversion not simply into Iconian slaves/soldiers...more along the lines of converting us into pure energy which they consume for food and doing it on a mass/instant scale with some big bad galactic scale final weapon...absorb us all (yikes!).

I can see the gruesome cut scene now- of T'Ket sucking the life out of someone al-la the 'Brain Bug' in Starship troopers during a lab test on some of the individual abducted Romulans...and then somehow motivating the Solonae to develop it into a way of eating everyone in the galaxy at once. We don't know what they or the Elachi have been up to taking people and changing their bodies, with liquid polymers and other ghastly things.
  • rakhonarakhona Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Jhu Terel. Be still, my beating heart. *swoons*