test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play with the Devs....Part 2!

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Hello Captains!

With your great help yesterday testing Infected: The Conduit and Crystalline Catastrophe, we were able to track some issues down and make fixes for them related to performance quality.

We will have a new build up on Tribble this afternoon and once again, we need your help. It would be a similar test as was done yesterday starting with Infected: The Conduit Crystalline Catastrophe. For today, the cooldowns have been put back in place so once you have run through these queues, please feel free to queue for others which are available.

This test will be from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PST) today 8/11/15. Please use this thread for any feedback you have for this testing. Your help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Are you keeping track of data on all the queues from 3-4p? If a bunch of testers decide to play for an hour before or after, is that data being collected as well?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Tagging this for one of two names. Either Round 2: Fight! or Round 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Either way, a pre-emptive thank you to everyone who comes join the team to help with this!
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Will there be a central chat channel that any Devs and/or players will use for communication? Or just queue and play?

Also, any specific abilities or builds you'd like to see this time around? (Last time was APB, Kemocite-Laced Weaponry, and a few others.)
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    No build requests. Just like before - we need as much information as possible. If it were possible, I'd like to see every single ability/item/set in the game represented at some point in this playtest.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    I'll do my part, I want to see the performance in this game improve, so I'm willing to sacrifice an hour for you.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Let's see if I can be in there this time. I'll just smash my spacebar with all the science drain mess I have on my ship to see if they can detect any lag.
  • Options
    Press all the buttons, don't hold back!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    No build requests. Just like before - we need as much information as possible. If it were possible, I'd like to see every single ability/item/set in the game represented at some point in this playtest.

could announce it in the arc page as a "news" article to get more people to come help? or add it to the "Admin" system in game so everyone can see. @pwlaughingtrendy @borticuscryptic
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    Thank you for taking the time to do this not only once, but twice.
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    I'll be there!
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Would love to bash some bugs - but it is starting at 23:00 BST (GMT+1 hr) :( and it a workday :s tomorrow and I have to be up at 6:00 am...
  • Options
    patrick702patrick702 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    i'm in. i'll try my best to blast as much lag inducing abilities as i can. hehe
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Dang it... two minutes to four is when I see this...
    AAAaaarggg.!!

Oh wait... PST.

<em-bare-assed>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Check your timezones... this doesn't start for 2 more hours.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    Dang it... two minutes to four is when I see this...
    AAAaaarggg.!!

3:00p-4:00p PST. If you're on the east coast, it's not going to happen for a few hours.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
  • Options
    flyingtargflyingtarg Member Posts: 105 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2015
    As a bit of a warning, this playtest will contain something of a "nuclear" option for resolving the lag problems. Because of that, we not only anticipate, but we know there will be bugs (Some of which we've already fixed internally). If a power that used to work suddenly isn't, let us know, and we'll make sure to fix it before this change is brought to Holodeck.

However, the main focus of this playtest is to examine lag and performance. So even if things aren't working quite right, we still want to see how the servers perform now.
    Daniel "FlyingTarg" Razza
    Star Trek Online Lead Programmer
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'm going in! So what do I have to do, just queue up?
  • Options
    Alright, it's time to start queue up. Please start with Infected: The Conduit then go to Crystalline Entity. Afterwards, please feel free to try other queues. Many are not available at this time but they will open up as the test goes on.
  • Options
    Even if you didn't get to make it to the Tribble Test Event today, please try and take some time to play on Tribble with this build. It contains a pretty important core code update to how Powers are processed, and we really need as much eyes-on as possible to ensure there were no side effects to the changes.

This means making sure all of your abilities still perform the same as they do on Holodeck. All appropriate triggers trigger, procs proc, attachments attach, etc.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Lag Status: Better, up until I was Server Disconnected. Even an insane damage run of ISA that took about three minutes only had a minor amount of lag.

Problems so far:
    CSV was stopping and seemingly starting again in what should be a full cycle of it during CCA for some reason, not sure what was happening there. May have been just animation glitch, but the timer on the buff icon would be counting down, then no number, then counting down again.

Romulan and Kobali BOffs have no abilities listed when trying to seat them, as well as certain regular BOffs with Command Hybrid.

I transfered two characters shortly after this post was made, neither are too be found. It might be that I had too many others of the same character already, not sure what the limits are.

• Options
    Thanks for participating today with this playtest! Your feedback is much appreciated.

If you encountered any specific bugs, please call them out on this thread.
    Also mention if you noticed any improvements to lag or general performance especially if you participated in yesterday's playtest as well.
  • Options
    One that was noticed during this test, is Positive Feedback Loop. If you experienced strange effectiveness with the Trait, know that it's a known issue. We should have a fix soon.
    Jeremy Randall
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    viox2kviox2k Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    with much less players, the lag was nearly gone, i had no missfire... 2-3 rubberbanding...overall an improvement.

the small esd event was laggy as hell, but lets hope this works on holodeck
  • Options
    Lag was pretty bad when they spawned ships in ESD, not that that map is made for fighting.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Didn't have any serious hiccupses during the test runs so far. :*
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    As a bit of a warning, this playtest will contain something of a "nuclear" option for resolving the lag problems. Because of that, we not only anticipate, but we know there will be bugs (Some of which we've already fixed internally). If a power that used to work suddenly isn't, let us know, and we'll make sure to fix it before this change is brought to Holodeck.

However, the main focus of this playtest is to examine lag and performance. So even if things aren't working quite right, we still want to see how the servers perform now.

So are you planning on Pushing this Nuclear Code Branch this Week? or are you gonna give it another week of testing and Fixes?

To be Honest I am extremely happy with what I saw, today and I hope that we get to see if go live, but if you are as worried about bugs as I read from your post, maybe an extra week of testing may be prudent.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    In Hive Space Elite, there was a significant lag spike when one of the unimatrix ships activated Feedback Pulse. This was experienced by more than 1 player on the team
  • Options
    Lag was 80% better tonight. Whatever your nuclear option was, I think it worked. Just hope you're willing to deal with the fallout from the other 20% of lag.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    Was the nuclear option undoing the UI changes in order to reduce GPU usage? If I remember right, the ability lag came right after that change.