What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play with the Devs....Part 2!

2»

Comments

• Options
    squirrleytunicsquirrleytunic Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    While lag was much better in today’s test vs yesterday, I have to wonder how much of that was due to your “nuclear option” and how much was due to a lower active player population. In my opinion, turning the STF cool down timers back on was a bad decision as it meant that there were not many STF instances being run at the same time.

While we are on the topic of tribble testers I would like to respond to your tweet and the replies to it.

h2zAHcX.png

The type of player who is going to go over to tribble to help test things is not an average player. They are the players who have insane resources invested in their ships. You have some of the highest damage dealing people in the game getting thrown into the same instance of advanced content with ships that are designed to be able to chew through the mountain of hp that is elite content.
    Please do not go into your meeting rooms and try to come up with a way to slow down the 0.01% by adding HP to advanced queues. This is not a competition between DPS and devs and would only harm the vast majority of the playerbase. This just illustrates why we need the elite content we were promised at Delta Rising (CCE, ISE, KSE, CSE, etc.).

Thank you for doing these tests, game performance is the #1 thing that has a ton of the player population depressed about this game right now. I really hope the data you guys are getting will help and I will continue to help tribble test whenever I can.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Personally, I noticed having to double-click a number of powers a few times during the 1 Crystaline Catastrophe I was able to do. After the queue was over, single clicks were fine. Maybe I was trying to activate powers too quickly. Not too sure.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    h2zAHcX.png

The type of player who is going to go over to tribble to help test things is not an average player. They are the players who have insane resources invested in their ships. You have some of the highest damage dealing people in the game getting thrown into the same instance of advanced content with ships that are designed to be able to chew through the mountain of hp that is elite content.
    Please do not go into your meeting rooms and try to come up with a way to slow down the 0.01% by adding HP to advanced queues. This is not a competition between DPS and devs and would only harm the vast majority of the playerbase.

Pretty much this.
    @Borticus: Try a few public queues on holodeck, and you will see, there you will have that estimated fight time against the boss, if not more. People reading the forums are usually already above average, but people reading the testserver forums are pretty much the top-end of the playerbase in terms of knowledge and performance.
    And please dont forget, its not the players fault ;)
  • Options
    nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    h2zAHcX.png

Because sir it is ultimately an MMO and some of us enjoy peak performance builds. The idea of slogging through an instance for 30mins for minimal reward is not my idea of fun unless it is actually a difficult instance that is impossible for 95% of the pop to even complete. I rather get in vape the TRIBBLE get my rewards and move on because spending that much time for a handful of marks and yet another timegate is a waste. Or in the case of ISA get in vape the TRIBBLE get my parse and move on. If I wanted to sit around and grind numbers for hours on end with no goal I would dedicate the system to folding instead.

My goal was to beat my last personal best and you yanked that rug right out because holybatballs plasma does to much damage nerf!!! Others it was take any TRIBBLE ship all the way back to T1 and pump massive numbers out of it.

So with that goal gone and now we aren't playing to your "standard", this begs the question of why play in the first place? We are the exception not the norm. You haven't figured this out yet??? I figured you had when you told us to bugger off with nerfs because that was the justification... "It only effects specific players."
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    While we are on the topic of tribble testers I would like to respond to your tweet and the replies to it.

h2zAHcX.png

Please do not go into your meeting rooms and try to come up with a way to slow down the 0.01% by adding HP to advanced queues. This is not a competition between DPS and devs and would only harm the vast majority of the playerbase. This just illustrates why we need the elite content we were promised at Delta Rising (CCE, ISE, KSE, CSE, etc.).

Thank you for doing these tests, game performance is the #1 thing that has a ton of the player population depressed about this game right now. I really hope the data you guys are getting will help and I will continue to help tribble test whenever I can.

@squirrleytunic is spot on, most people on the forums and especially the test servers are the pros at whatever it is we do best, whether it be PvP or PvE, Ground or Space, Doffing, Foundry or whatever, the people here are likely some of the best.

Truth be told, most people can't work as a team in the game to save their own lives. What results usually is a rather uncoordinated mess that has no grace and, mostly with pug groups of varying kinds whether from queues or channels, is just a cobbled together attempt to get through the mission with varying degrees of success especially with ground queues.

With a coordinated team however, you're talking an appreciation for each others capabilities and knowledge of their own builds that leads to a steamroller effect (especially from the point of view of someone who doesn't understand what's going on) and of course that leads to very beat up bosses. The few people who can do this shouldn't decide the fate of the rest of the playerbase, as most won't achieve that, but before DR we asked for content that would actually challenge us and we're still waiting.

The gap between the majority and the professionals will likely never be closed truthfully.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    The few people who can do this shouldn't decide the fate of the rest of the playerbase, as most won't achieve that, but before DR we asked for content that would actually challenge us and we're still waiting.

The gap between the majority and the professionals will likely never be closed truthfully.

And by "Challenging" we don't me over inflated damage sponges. Targets that will bite us back would be great.

Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    sqwished wrote: »
    The few people who can do this shouldn't decide the fate of the rest of the playerbase, as most won't achieve that, but before DR we asked for content that would actually challenge us and we're still waiting.

And by "Challenging" we don't me over inflated damage sponges. Targets that will bite us back would be great.

Amen, the damage sponges are just boring.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    tbonecrackerjacktbonecrackerjack Member Posts: 22 Arc User

h2zAHcX.png

@squirrleytunic is spot on, most people on the forums and especially the test servers are the pros at whatever it is we do best, whether it be PvP or PvE, Ground or Space, Doffing, Foundry or whatever, the people here are likely some of the best.

Truth be told, most people can't work as a team in the game to save their own lives. What results usually is a rather uncoordinated mess that has no grace and, mostly with pug groups of varying kinds whether from queues or channels, is just a cobbled together attempt to get through the mission with varying degrees of success especially with ground queues.

With a coordinated team however, you're talking an appreciation for each others capabilities and knowledge of their own builds that leads to a steamroller effect (especially from the point of view of someone who doesn't understand what's going on) and of course that leads to very beat up bosses. The few people who can do this shouldn't decide the fate of the rest of the playerbase, as most won't achieve that, but before DR we asked for content that would actually challenge us and we're still waiting.

More of this!