test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outdated Level 60 Tactical Captain needs advice to get him competetive at Elite.

2»

Comments

• Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    paxdawn wrote: »
    Here's my current build for my chel grett

In the hardest elites, you need to have a capable team and capable piloting.

Since you want to play with mixed weapons of cannons, torps and mines. Even the best players and groups would have a hard time making a mixed weaponry work in the hardest elite. The amount of coordination of teamwork required is taxing. Even random higher DPS channels wont work. You need premade that knows what they are doing in elite who can support that kind of setup you want.

I guess the next question would be are you after that kind of setup doing elite or are you just after being competitive in elite regardless of setup?

In response to your question- I am after being competitive in elite regardless of team setup. I do understand the concept of teaming and a team that knows what its doing and comunicates strategy with each other.

paxdawn wrote: »

Since you didnt answer my previous question, I am going to give you some common stuff/abilities/doffs used players who have done Herald Space elite.

You need some form of Shield penetration, which Romulan sci consoles come in.

You also need all counters vs the disables in the mission. That means all the tac team, eng team and sci team, Hazard emitters.

Beams are optimal. Since I dont know your level of piloting nor the quality of group you are playing with, I am not going to recommend playing a mixture of weapons like cannons + torps. Plus, currently, those Rom sci consoles work only with Beams.

You can use the 3pc borg set+spire warp core +amp if hive space, 3pc icon+rom engine or 4pc iconian for herald space elite.
    For eng consoles, the common stuff used in herald space elite are tachyo converter, borg assimilated, bioneural console, plasmonic leech.

Common stuff in doffs are marion, zemok, damage control engineers.

For Boffs, SROs, Diplo pirate, mission hierarchy pirate

For mods, assuming it is beams, Crtdx3pen being optimal crtdx2dmg2 being the lowest assuming you have minimum crtdx2 mods. The difference between those mods are not greater than 6%.

common starship traits being used nowadays are AHOD, reciprocity, emergency weapon cycle, supremacy
    Common Personal traits, inspirational leader, fluidic cocoon, intense focus, helmsman, anchored

again these are all common stuff being used in finishing and at least making a significant contribution at Herald Space Elite.

Sorry for not answering you before, see above response.

AIso I now have 2 Mk XII Fleet Vulnerability Locators for Disruptors to boost my DPS. I did some STF's before and after and before according to Combatlog Reader my DPS was capping at around 3.992.67 and Damage at 3.218.082 after installing two of the new consoles replacing Mk XI Rare Disruptor Induction Coils my damage increase to 4.506.828 with my DPS at 4.570.819

Talking about getting the Teams in my BO setup I can get Science Team I and Engineering Team I if I sacrifice EP2W1 or vice versa. What do you recomend in this regard
    Post edited by captaingalaxy1 on
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    ryakidrys wrote: »
    You've mentioned the chel grett. Energy weapons are the easy way to go, not saying kinetics aren't viable at all, but beam weapons are often the easier types to get working well. If you like to face the front of your ship to the target, then dual beam banks/dual cannons/ dual heavy cannons are the forward weapon set, but try to stick to either beam or cannon types, not both. Since bridge officer setups are often cheaper than upgrading gear, and can provide a quick assesment on whether the changes help or not, I'd suggest checking out your bridge officer setup. DOFFs for the active duty space roster can admittedly get expensive on the exchange, so it's not without some cost potential, but give it a try.
    Try a setup with dual beam banks and/or beam arrays like:
    CDR Tac TT1, BFAW2, APB2, APB3
    LT Tac TT1, BFAW2
    LT Eng ET1, EPTW2
    LCDR Sci HE1, HE2, ST3
    Ens Uni (Eng) EPTS1

You'll need 2 purple damage control engineers in your active duty space roster that reduce emergency power to subsystem recharges, 2 development lab scientists that reduce science team recharge and 2 maintenance engineers that reduce engineering team recharge. If you don't have the fleet expansion to the roster and have 5 slots, then try just 1 development lab scientist.

Please try this instead of trying to out-think the build.
  • Options
    paxdawnpaxdawn Member Posts: 767 Arc User
    Talking about getting the Teams in my BO setup I can get Science Team I and Engineering Team I if I sacrifice EP2W1 or vice versa. What do you recomend in this regard

You can use ryakidrys boff slotting. Those damage control engineers will help you cycle Epts1 and eptw2

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    You can leave the components in your bank and they still work. You don't have to carry them with you. But your really do need to have them and to repair damage immediately if you play elite. It is polite in advanced too.
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 429 Arc User
    Your piloting skills also affect your DPS. Try to keep your range at <5 km from your target as that is the optimal range for cannons.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    zelzxezelzxe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Go to sto builds reddit, the help there is far superior (most of them are in the 50k and up dps range who comment).
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    yeah change skill points and only fly ships with 5 tactical consoles and you should be fine. you might want to stack on crtd with critd consoles with romluan crtd boff and lobi console
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trailztrailz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Would like the same help with my Sci off . I might make a Threat later.
  • Options
    captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    zelzxe wrote: »
    Go to sto builds reddit, the help there is far superior (most of them are in the 50k and up dps range who comment).
    - Thx!
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"