test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What can we do to Help the Dev?

124»

Comments

• SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I'd like to see the tarantula come our way in a doff pack or something like that.

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Looks like all of you where wrong they released the Constellation Class,Galaxy Class and excelsior T6.I wonder how it must feel being so wrong.I feel your pain it energizes me...hmmmm
    Who are you again, and why should I care?

Way to necro an old thread, BTW...

"Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Dear Tacofangs,

you have encouraged us to please apply if we would like to see the other side of the fence. Actually I have excactly just done that last summer. I've posted a detailed description of what I do and how I could possibly help out with all my Star Trek base knowledge and gaming experience over all the years and doing fan-fiction etc.

Unfortunately I have never received an answer to my application for over a year. Honestly, that doesn't encourage me to retry sending an application. I really had the wish to help out making the game even better, and by serving as a connection (in my free time) to the players by just playing online and talking to the hardcore base of the daily players, listening to their ideas and bringing the best ideas into the internal round of discussions at the developer's table.

Maybe I didn't get an answer because I currently live in Switzerland, but I clearly stated that I would move over to the U.S. if I got the chance to prove myself in a work training (for free) during my holidays which I would have taken and flown to California just for doing this just metioned training.

I hope someone else can make it into the team who has similar knowledge and experience about STO and Trek in general or even more than I do. Someone who really lives the spirit of Trek and who also doesn't hesitate to spend some of his / her free time in-game and spend time with the players, talking and listening to them, playing with them.

~ Eris The Vorta
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'll risk the necromancer's wrath to say, Typhoon dammit. ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    taco............ we love you long time. <3
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    With Delta Rising I started to tend to this game’s forums because I as well as others I know in game were under the impression that something was wrong. Ever since I log here and notice that the community does its best to support cryptic with advise. On the other side I get a quiet a different approach to work together.

On the one hand I see:

- freely volunteering information
    - support about game mechanics among the community
    - honesty
    - financial support to keep this product running

On the other hand I see:

- deceiving and holding back crucial information
    - nerfs to make the game experience less enjoyable
    - quantity at the expanse of quality
    - quick money making at the cost of long term income

I don’t know how the relationship between players and devs was back at a time when this thread was made. I only know one thing. I was in game enjoying it back then.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Don't necro 2 year old threads. . .
    Maybe I didn't get an answer because I currently live in Switzerland, but I clearly stated that I would move over to the U.S. if I got the chance to prove myself in a work training (for free) during my holidays which I would have taken and flown to California just for doing this just metioned training.

Moving here isn't the issue. Work Visas are.
    There is a pretty significant hurdle in the US, to hire someone outside the US for a given position. H-1B
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2015

There must be a Reason why the Dev have refused to add the ships you speak of.

Yup almost the same reason they do everything, because players want it. But i cant find any reason to not give us some ships, like the Guramba, a T6 Vo'qu, a T6 KDF science ship, a T6 Bop and a huge etc. What reasons should the devs have to not give us those ships??? (i mean besides they are KDF).

My obvious guess is, they are waiting for the metrics to go down drastically, then they will release those ships to raise em again lol. Im almost 200% sure of it.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    kittyflofy wrote: »

There must be a Reason why the Dev have refused to add the ships you speak of.

My obvious guess is, they are waiting for the metrics to go down drastically, then they will release those ships to raise em again lol. Im almost 200% sure of it.

Totally this.

As nice as Taco is, well... some of the devs have openly stated that they only see us as metrics and don't read the forums at all anymore. They only care what their metrics tell them.

It honestly surprises me that this hasn't led to disaster yet between here and that other big IP MMO.

Being a 'fan' implies some things after all. Since the term is derived from 'fanatic'. And what would fanatics start doing in response to being pushed too far by people seen as not caring and/or killing/ruining the IP the person loves?​​
  • frankocasio2frankocasio2 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    .I Really would like to see a Miranda Class ship pack that includes the Soyuz Class (STNG), Saratoga Class (DS9) and Ticonderoga Class (Fan Made).I know that there has been some talk about CBS having issues with it..What cannon ship would you like to see in game? P.S. Cannon = Seen in Trek shows..
  • vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    voporak wrote: »
    Why can't all the fans of Star Trek get there favorite Ships?

You're kidding me, right?

In the case that you're not, let me explain in very clear words.

Making ships takes time. Cryptic wants to produce money making ships, because they're a business. So, given that making ships takes time, they're only going to be working on ships that will make them money. They can't go and please every single person. Also, besides the fact that CBS has said flat out No to any old TOS ships being at anything more than T1, those ships wouldn't sell well. So Cryptic's not going to make them.

Man were you wrong!
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin More zombies
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Someone really does need to chain this one down... people keep reviving it...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    XuEf9gZ.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.