test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Trophy room, where?

midaskensaimidaskensai Member Posts: 40 Arc User
sooo....
i want o display my nice trophies and star chart and latinum pile and other stuff.....
WHERE is that on a warbird?

Comments

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    No can do. We don't have such a place on warbirds onion-1.gif​​
  • Options
    aliguanaaliguana Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    we do have a ready room, where the painting/mask you found of Virinat shows up, but..

.. come to think of it, on the Scimitar we don't even have that. grrr
    LUKARI GUERILLA GARDENING MILITIA - Glowing fingers are Growing fingers!
  • Options
    devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Asking for such is like pulling Cryptic's teeth, they will go down kicking and screaming no.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Asking for such is like pulling Cryptic's teeth, they will go down kicking and screaming no.

someone acts like that you usually spank the little brat and put him to bed
  • Options
    crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I think it is because Cryptic claimed once that interiors do not sell well enough for them to waste time designing them.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    But they could have done it right for at least this one we have. The Feds have it, the Klinks have it...​​
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I don't need trophies - I'm Romulan, so already winning over the Feds and KDF ;)

In all seriousness, yeah it's been long enough that this oversight / bug should be making it a little higher on the priority list now.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    Would probably go as far as buying Rom interiors. But that's because I know they will never appear, so the promise is as solid as any way to not spend anything!
  • Options
    karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Honestly, no one expects new full interiors as even Fed and Klingon have only one (aside from the Voyager one). But it would be nice to have different bridge options.

That being said, outside the bridges themselves, I do find Romulan interiors to be the best in game. Engineering is nothing short of amazing. And their ten-forward is reeeally classy.

Although it still puzzles me that there are no interactive officers within.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    karlbarb wrote: »
    Honestly, no one expects new full interiors as even Fed and Klingon have only one (aside from the Voyager one). But it would be nice to have different bridge options.

That being said, outside the bridges themselves, I do find Romulan interiors to be the best in game. Engineering is nothing short of amazing. And their ten-forward is reeeally classy.

Although it still puzzles me that there are no interactive officers within.

The Feds also have the TOS Enterprise interior and the updated Voyager interior. So that's four distinct full interiors, at least.

What irks me the most is that the Feds got those two new Voyager interiors as the result of a new mission, but the same story arc gave us a new mission where we visit the interior of the Lleiset and we were not allowed to even buy that new interior. Granted, it's (mostly) just a slight recoloring of the standard Romulan bridge, but it would be some variation, and it should have been added to all player Dreadnought Warbirds when it was released.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    The Feds also have the TOS Enterprise interior and the updated Voyager interior. So that's four distinct full interiors, at least.
    Defiant interior, too.
    protogoth wrote: »
    What irks me the most is that the Feds got those two new Voyager interiors as the result of a new mission, but the same story arc gave us a new mission where we visit the interior of the Lleiset and we were not allowed to even buy that new interior. Granted, it's (mostly) just a slight recoloring of the standard Romulan bridge, but it would be some variation, and it should have been added to all player Dreadnought Warbirds when it was released.
    It had some nice new spaces too, like the cargo area. And a handful of visual changes to differentiate it from the main set.

This needs to be a playable set. It's kind of ridiculous that it isn't, especially 'cause the art team went through the trouble of making it. I'd buy that in a second.

Plus a TOS Romulan interior. I've mentioned this before, but the warbird interior sets seen in "The Enterprise Incident" were just redressed sets from the USS Enterprise. Cryptic could easily redress the TOS interior and make a Romulan version to sell.
  • Options
    chipg7 wrote: »

Plus a TOS Romulan interior. I've mentioned this before, but the warbird interior sets seen in "The Enterprise Incident" were just redressed sets from the USS Enterprise. Cryptic could easily redress the TOS interior and make a Romulan version to sell.

This, and a T'Liss skin for the T'Varo, and heaven can wait! >:)

• Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User

This, and a T'Liss skin for the T'Varo, and heaven can wait! >:)

Of course I want everything Romulan from TEI, but this should come as no surprise.

And I'm hoping that a T'liss skeleton/skin will be available for the T6 T'varo, when we finally get it.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I rather enjoy these early stages of realization, before hope is shot down, expectations heavily trimmed, and reality finally turns out to be a barren wasteland. This is indeed the time to cherish forever. :D
    Post edited by sernonserculion on
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    It had some nice new spaces too, like the cargo area. And a handful of visual changes to differentiate it from the main set.

This needs to be a playable set. It's kind of ridiculous that it isn't, especially 'cause the art team went through the trouble of making it. I'd buy that in a second.

you know, maybe the reason they didn't make the interior they used for the lleiset a player bridge is because it's getting released with the inevitable T6 scimitar - as if the ship itself won't already make them a boatload of money​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    you know, maybe the reason they didn't make the interior they used for the lleiset a player bridge is because it's getting released with the inevitable T6 scimitar - as if the ship itself won't already make them a boatload of money​​

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! ALL CAPS FOR MUCH HAPPY!
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    I posted to Federation Gameplay, Klingon Gameplay & Romulan Gameplay a GREAT idea...

Look for WIN-WIN Opportunity (Players & Cryptic) | Season 11 Free T5 Ship in Episode.

Read ORIG Discussion for full details but in summary discusses the benefits of providing a free T5 Faction Ship for level 50-60 Captain's awarded in a Season 11 or Future Episode that could be upgraded to T5U with 2 Ship Upgrade (1400 zen) Token's not 1 like those T5 Ships currently still in Zen Market or awarded in older lockboxes. I also explained a justification for reducing costs on T5 Ships to drive higher demand (sales) at lower price point for all Faction Captains that keeps T5U prices below the cost of upgrading to a T6 Faction Ships given to all Faction Captains on an account.

Then the ONLY other thing we'd all like to see is a refreshed set of Bridge, Ready Room, & Conference Rooms on the top deck with advanced graphics of high quality that update displays at stations & panels to give a 25th Century appeal like many new T6 Faction Ships do. This included expanded Crew decks with more quarters & customization options. Tactical Decks with Armory, Cargo & Hanger Bays. Science/Medical Decks with Research Areas, Sensor Analysis, Astrometrics, Medicine & Sick Bay where Captain's can go to get Healed of Injuries like at ESD. Engineering Decks with Engine Room, Computer Control, Deflector Control, Defensive Systems, and Shield Maintenance. Finally a deck with Recreation, Hydroponics-Horticulture, & Holodecks. Updating these 3 Faction Ship Interiors would also allow for greatly expanded foundry missions to use in creative ways, or developers to create unique Holodeck mini missions each season like Repelling or Ziplining on Risa and more short tactical programs like defeat a changling in shuttlebay.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I posted to Federation Gameplay, Klingon Gameplay & Romulan Gameplay a GREAT idea...

Look for WIN-WIN Opportunity (Players & Cryptic) | Season 11 Free T5 Ship in Episode.

Read ORIG Discussion for full details but in summary discusses the benefits of providing a free T5 Faction Ship for level 50-60 Captain's awarded in a Season 11 or Future Episode that could be upgraded to T5U with 2 Ship Upgrade (1400 zen) Token's not 1 like those T5 Ships currently still in Zen Market or awarded in older lockboxes. I also explained a justification for reducing costs on T5 Ships to drive higher demand (sales) at lower price point for all Faction Captains at that keeps T5U prices below the cost of upgrading to a T6 Faction Ships given to all Faction Captains on an account.

Then the ONLY other thing we'd all like to see is a refreshed set of Bridge, Ready Room, & Conference Rooms on the top deck with advanced graphics of high quality that update displays at stations & panels to give a 25th Century appeal like many new T6 Faction Ships do. This included expanded Crew decks with more quarters & customization options. Tactical Decks with Armory, Cargo & Hanger Bays. Science/Medical Decks with Research Areas, Sensor Analysis, Astrometrics, Medicine & Sick Bay where Captain's can go to get Healed of Injuries like at ESD. Engineering Decks with Engine Room, Computer Control, Deflector Control, Defensive Systems, and Shield Maintenance. Finally a deck with Recreation, Hydroponics-Horticulture, & Holodecks. Updating these 3 Faction Ship Interiors would also allow for greatly expanded foundry missions to use in creative ways or develops to create unique Holodeck simulations each season like Repelling or Ziplining on Risa one season.

With some added interior costumization, of course. ;)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    INTERIORS don't sell well because the lack of customization and would require clean transition from space to space as bridge, rooms, offices or work area's were changed or updated.

To be successful though each faction would require Bridges to have ajoining Ready Room & Conference Facilities. A deck dedicated to Science (2 or 3 Research Areas, Astrometrics, Sensor Analysis, Ship Library (To Read or Hear History | Academy or From an Old Friend), and Medical & Sickbay (Heal Injuries). A Crew Deck heavy focused on Quarters (Captain & Bridge Officers) with each room having customization options from plants, instruments, paintings, even light levels in different area's including ten forward. A Recreation Deck with Holodecks, Horticulture & Hydroponics facilities with Holodeck mini quests to show off familar locations in new ways like Repeling, Ziplining, or Hang Gliding on Risa (single player or in pairs); possible even short tactical missions like the Changling in Shuttlebay. A Tactical Deck including Armory, Transporter Room, Cargo Bays, Shuttle Bay, Docking Port, & Brig. An Engineering Deck with Engine Room, Computer Core, Deflector Control, Torpedo Room, and Shield & Weapon Subsystems.

All faction Bridges or Updated Rooms purchased for INTERIOR packs would easily transition (colors/look) near hallway exits / entraces to fit well together alongside the default rooms, coridors & hallways in an interior redesign perhaps updated for 25th Century. Each Interior pack would include a Bridge skin & unlock 2-5 new room designs to update the default (dependant on room size or customization offered) for rooms on the SCI, Crew, REC, TAC, & ENG decks. You'd update ships Interior and customization of different rooms similar to outfitting & customizing your Captain & bridge crew; perhaps limited from color changes to slightly lighter or dark tones or lighting levels in select rooms. No more long hallwalls with few rooms on medium or larger interior maps, floors with a distinct purpose, and each room feels like it is a vital piece of starship operations, as space is a premium used wisely.

We JUST need Ship Taylors to offer more FLEXIBLITY treating rooms similar to updating a bridge officers Jackets, whereas rather than changing its colors we'd adjust lighting levels in different areas; and updating his badges & rank similar to changing plants, decorations, or instruments. You'd outfit a floor (deck) similar to outfitting an a bridge officer, and the ship like outfitting your crew.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    sounds like the stronghold system from swtor inspired you.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    sounds like the stronghold system from swtor inspired you.

I would prefer SW:G inspirations, not that P.O.S. arcade game with dialogue.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Don't play SWTOR - if I suggested something it's because it makes sense and their is a desire for it.

Why I suggested in my Aug 12 post (same thread) they expand the faction ships interiors with more rooms on a few additional dedicated decks. Customizing your Starhip should be like customizing your captains outfit and that of your bridge crew. Captain's want to make the space feel like their own so rooms design would as update like changing your jacket, or room items like adding pockets, arm gear, patches, shoulder items, or rank insignia to a jacket. The best opporunity would come if Captains could publish Foundry missions that take place on their starships decks (based upon current interior ship design when mission published) to not only showcase their ships but also their layout to other players to add a personal touch.

Then our Faction ships really would feel like our ship.
    0zxlclk.png