test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Ground Battlezone STILL BUGGED (25.07.15) STILL Crash to Desktop, WHERE is the Fix?????

highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
This Bug is still Terrorizing the Players to this Day (25.07.15) a few Hours ago my Game Crashed several Times in the Outskirts...like ever since this Bug is in Place.......

I Cant even Remember when this Bug was "added" to the Game, its like Forever and even so was NEVER Fixed, and its NOT even in the Known Bug Section of the Weekly Patches, so WHATS the Deal?

The Mentioned Bug is the one Nasty Bug that will Crash you to the Desktop on the Dyson Ground Battlezone Outskirts Area, if entered the Game Crashes within Minutes IF not even immediately. The Dyson Ground Battlezone is the MAIN Place to Farm Dilithium, thats what makes this Bug so extremly Annoying, there are allready many Threads in the Forums about this Bug with even more People who also Suffer from it, so again whats the Deal??? Here are some of the Threads about that Bug:

1. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1188097/dyson-sphere-ground-battlezone-broken

2. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1190230/dyson-ground-bg-crashes

3. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1196771/crash-in-voth-battlezone-returns

4. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1187076/dyson-ground-battlezone-crashes

5. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1196862/please-fix-the-voth-battlezone

thats what i found in 5 Minutes, iam sure there are way more, right now another Dill Weekend is running, but thanks to this Bug, its ANYTHING else than enjoyable. Mission says go and Capture 2 Points in Outskirts.....ermm.....NO THANKS :|

It would be REALLY Appreciated if the Devs would Fix this Bug finaly, so we can have fun there again without having to Restart the Game a Gazillion Times or without having to avoid the Outskirts :s

Comments

• drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    This last patch made this issue even worse. Before I could lower my settings and play for an hour or two without CTD. Now It doesn't matter. I can only assume it has to do with the DirectX fix stated in the Release Notes. This needs to be given a Critical priority.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    This last patch made this issue even worse. Before I could lower my settings and play for an hour or two without CTD. Now It doesn't matter. I can only assume it has to do with the DirectX fix stated in the Release Notes. This needs to be given a Critical priority.

Since the Dyson Ground Battlezone is the Main Dill Farmin Place, YES it should have No1 Priority, unfortunately this Bug is Unfixed for so long that i cant even Remember when it Started, i dont Farm every Day, but when a Dill Weekend is running i would like to make use of it, BUT this Ugly Fugly Bug isnt making the Event very enjoyable (-_-) ....................

• kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I Cant even Remember when this Bug was "added" to the Game, its like Forever and even so was NEVER Fixed, and its NOT even in the Known Bug Section of the Weekly Patches, so WHATS the Deal?

And why it should be in the known bug section of the weekly patches?? do you realize that we have actually near hundreds of "known" bugs to be fixed, right?

Since the Dyson Ground Battlezone is the Main Dill Farmin Place, YES it should have No1 Priority, unfortunately this Bug is Unfixed for so long that i cant even Remember when it Started, i dont Farm every Day, but when a Dill Weekend is running i would like to make use of it, BUT this Ugly Fugly Bug isnt making the Event very enjoyable (-_-) ....................

It is not the "main" dilithium farming zone anymore, not since the nerf. You actually will gain more or less the same ammount of dilithium in any other rep zone. Of couse im talking about time invested. Now with the same time invested in the dyson battlezone than in other zones, you dont get more dilithium than other places.
    kittyflofy wrote: »

And why it should be in the known bug section of the weekly patches?? do you realize that we have actually near hundreds of "known" bugs to be fixed, right?

Because thats not just a Minor Bug, if the Game of Countless People Constantly Crashes, in the exact SAME Location, than this is a Major Bug that should be A) Mentioned in the Known Bugs and B) Fixed with High Priority, and yea i know that we have Hundreds of Bugs in STO, tell me something that i dont know yet.

It is not the "main" dilithium farming zone anymore, not since the nerf. You actually will gain more or less the same ammount of dilithium in any other rep zone. Of couse im talking about time invested. Now with the same time invested in the dyson battlezone than in other zones, you dont get more dilithium than other places.

Tell that to the Masses in the Dyson Ground Battlezone , who are making use of the Dill Event to Farm it in there right now, for THEM including me and many many others i know, its STILL the Main Dill Farming place, maybe not for you but for most others. While the Nerfs where Annoying, they still did not render that Place useless, i still Farm a Chars daily Dill in no Time there.

You're advocating the saying, "So we get to it when we get to it". Rule number one in the IT development world, if it crashes the Application it goes to the top of the heap. Period, end of story, no buts.

edited July 2015

Rule number one in the IT development world, if it crashes the Application it goes to the top of the heap. Period, end of story, no buts.

This one Short Sentence Says it all. There are Bugs that are annoying cause they prevent you from doing something, or any other "less Important" Bug, BUT like drakonlord said, if a Bug Crashes the App, than THIS has to be Number 1 Priority before anything else.
    Post edited by highlandrise on
    There are dozens of game-breaking bugs. None of em are listed in the "known" bugs list. This happens since years ago. You guys seem really new.. honestly.
    edited July 2015
    There are dozens of game-breaking bugs. None of em are listed in the "known" bugs list. This happens since years ago. You guys seem really new.. honestly.

Dude, "Game Breaking" is still one step before "Game Ending" a Bug that Prevents me from Finishing a Mission, Doing my Rep, R&D, using my Inventory or Bank or anything like that, those are Game Breaking Bugs, the Dyson Bug is not Just Breaking the Game it TERMINATES the Game, its the worst Kind of Bug, the Kind that should be Fixed A.S.A.P.

Playing since Way before the Start of Season 7, having 42 Chars on Main Account and 17 on Second, having an Advanced Fed Fleet and a KDF Fleet and so on, you still tink i am New to the Game? I dont think so. So Please stop Defending this Issue, or is someone paying you to do that? :|

And by the Way, no right now there are no or if at all than very Few Game Breaking Bugs in the Game - Dyson Bug is one of them also one of the Worst - because if a Bug is really a Critical Bug (Game Beaking / Game CRASHING) Bug Cryptic tries to Fix it - most of the Time with Succes, even if they need more than one Patch sometimes - During the Delta Recruiting Event some of such Bugs were Fixed Quickly. Thats why i dont understand why it takes so Friggin Long to get rid of that Dyson Bug, since its also a Critical one - whether you see it that way or not -
    edited July 2015
    As others said, if you crash in Dyson, go somewhere else or dont go to the outskirts. Easy. For me that is not a game-breaking bug more important than others. So i dont see why this should be showed up in the "known" bugs list and others shoudlnt. It doesnt matter the importance of the problem, the "known" bugs section is just a decorative aspect of the patch notes, nothing more. They just write something in there to make it look something. They do it since ages ago.
    As others said, if you crash in Dyson, go somewhere else or dont go to the outskirts. Easy. For me that is not a game-breaking bug more important than others. So i dont see why this should be showed up in the "known" bugs list and others shoudlnt. It doesnt matter the importance of the problem, the "known" bugs section is just a decorative aspect of the patch notes, nothing more. They just write something in there to make it look something. They do it since ages ago.

And as i said before, for me AND for MOST of the other Player, the Dyson Ground Battletzone is STILL the Main Dill Income, so "go somewhere else" ist not an alternative and "dont go to the outskirts" well losing a third of the Battlezone is not making things easier, esspecially if the Mission wants you to go and Capture 2 Points in the Outskirts. The Most Important most, Critical / Game Breaking Bugs Should be Listed in the Known Bug Section - like THIS one - so we at least know that THEY know about it and hopefully are working on it. If the Known Bug Section is just Decoration (i dont think so) than they could Remove it why bother right?

Anyway, iam getting Tired of this Defending of Bugs, and telling People to go somewhere else than, or yada yada yada, if you dont have a Problem with it, if everything is fine in the Game for you, than there is no Reason for you to comment here, in other words if you are not effected or know a Solution, than theres no need to leave a Comment here.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Don't listen to kitty, he's a doom screaming troll who actually enjoys seeing people crash there... For now though, you can still finish the "capture voth points" in outskirts almost 99% guaranteed. When you leave command center via the outskirts tunnel, go to the right, the artillery point and the second in is the next one further up, where you have to camp it out.
    Yea, i allready had a feeling that i'am being Trolled, unfortunatelly my Resistance to Resist Trolls is Low, i have to work on that O_o anyway thx for the information about the Workaround, i still hope that Cryptic gets rid of that Bug sometimes soon :/
    Don't listen to kitty, he's a doom screaming troll who actually enjoys seeing people crash there...

Thank You. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Now back to the discussion. Looking at the zone chat you can see the frustration of players that are crashing. I have manage to minimize the crashing by turning everything Off in the settings or putting it on Low. Everything is splotchy and dull but it keeps me still doing the zone for tokens.

It's fair to say that players with newer generation video cards will suffer this issue because they have their setting cranked up, and others will have their settings lower. The whole zone needs a lot of love. I saw yesterday a post where a player found a hole in the map; not good.

i tried every Possible Setting Inlcuding minimizing everything, same result, other than that yes i also like to Play with maxed settings, this cant be a Permanent Solution, having to switch your Settings up and down all the Time, just because a Major Zone like the Dyson Ground Battlezone is MAJORLY Bugged, i also felt a few Times through Holes there -_-............This Zone needs MUCH Love O_o
    edited July 2015
    Don't listen to kitty, he's a doom screaming troll who actually enjoys seeing people crash there... For now though, you can still finish the "capture voth points" in outskirts almost 99% guaranteed. When you leave command center via the outskirts tunnel, go to the right, the artillery point and the second in is the next one further up, where you have to camp it out.

lol?? look whos talking, seriously.. some of your posts are really amazing. xD. You concluded from my post that i "enjoy" watching people crashing?? ow.. lol, dude, stop the drugs.. seriously.. xd. Like the other guy.. so because this problem is making you really angry this means it is the most important issue of the game?? dont think so. People just cry because they want to. Grown up.. seriously. What about the other guys that cant even pass the launcher?? or the other guys who crash in the loading screen all the times??? is that less important than this?? and.. oh wait, those bugs are not even mentioned in the "known" bugs list eigher...
    its really to bad that a Thread Starter cant Moderate his own Thread.....anyway again, if you have nothing to add to this Thread, and /or are not affected by that Bug, than you dont have to comment here, unless you really wanna just Troll.
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    lol?? look whos talking, seriously.. some of your posts are really amazing. xD. You concluded from my post that i "enjoy" watching people crashing?? ow.. lol, dude, stop the drugs.. seriously.. xd. Like the other guy.. so because this problem is making you really angry this means it is the most important issue of the game?? dont think so. People just cry because they want to. Grown up.. seriously. What about the other guys that cant even pass the launcher?? or the other guys who crash in the loading screen all the times??? is that less important than this?? and.. oh wait, those bugs are not even mentioned in the "known" bugs list eigher...

lol... xD... seriously... ow.. dude... seriously... xd... yada yada... grow up... seriously... yada yada.

Yeah, look who's talking, right? Look at this, look at the next quote, and look at most of your replies, filled with negativity, desultory sarcasm and smart-aleck advices, at best. You're a big guy, eh? Not worth spending another second with...

Im not talking about the people "you know". Im talking about other people who posted about crashing in DB for the past 2 months, and they were crashing not only in the outskirts.

I dont crash in outskirts or anywhere in the dyson battlezone, but i know there are crashes because i see people constantly vanishing when they are fighting or running for the trex lol. Actually it is even funny when i see it xD.